So scourge is thundercracker?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by 0MEGATR0N, Aug 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    I think Megatron did. When they bailed out of the shuttle he must have set the ship to crash into Autobot City to help breach their defenses. At least he should have, since the ship should have had enough explosive fuel for a return trip it would have made a hell of a good kamikaze.

2. ABrown

ABrown Well-Known Member

I'm just curious. You really do think that Wheeljack and Windcharger are still alive during that scene in the movie? Or do you just make room for the possibility that they didn't die?

3. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

I personally like to think they died.

But, looking at the actual evidence from within the story, I cant say either way what happened.

4. LesterX

LesterX Banned

Thundercracker=Cyclonus
    Skywarp=Scourge
    Insecticons=Sweeps

5. 0MEGATR0N

0MEGATR0N Robot/Gladiator

6. MechanovaKing

MechanovaKing Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    are you trolling people?

7. combaticon164

combaticon164 Warlord of Floriduh

I know this is new to you, you just saw the movie for the first time, but this has been debated for years infact, I remember getting in an argument after I saw the movie with my friend at the theaters on who became Cyclonus. Most fans want it to be Skywarp because he was more popular than Bombshell. And, The Armada Character was never a real character, Cyclonus' Armada is Scourge and the Sweeps since he is incharge of the whole group and Leut. to Galvatron.

8. shockwave2005

shockwave2005 Well-Known Member

The Insecticons could clone themselves, so that opens up a whole new area of speculation since the Insecticons also appear in Season 3.

A couple theories:

1.) The Clone Theory: Were the Insecticons that were reformatted just clones? If they were, it would make sense that the Shrapnel and Kickback clones were turned into Sweeps, while Thundercracker became Scourge.

With that in mind, why would the actual Cyclonus be created out of the remains of a Bombshell clone? That would make Skywarp the more appropriate choice since he actually had a personality, and he was loyal to Megatron. The Bombshell clone - if it had a personality - would have had Bombshell's personality, and he was loyal only to himself and his Insecticon brethren. I don't see him being as loyal to Galvatron as Cyclonus is. It would make sense that he became the "Armada" guy.

2.) They Were All Dead Except For Megatron: By the time they get to Unicron, Skywarp, Thundercracker and the Insecticons are lifeless husks for Unicron to rebuild.

Of course, the Insecticons in Season 3 could just be clones - which would kind of kill theory #1.

While I like theory #1 (and it fits in MPC), it requires way too much fansplanation, and - unless you don't bend the rules a bit - the dialogue and animation don't quite jive with this theory.

I think theory #2 is the most straightforward - and least migraine inducing - explanation.

9. Stryker055

Stryker055 Trying my best here!

Ebay:
    Let's get it right, guys. Megatron became Galvatron, Thundercracker became Scourge, Skywarp became Cyclonus, Bombshell became And His Armada, and the Insecticons and other dudes became Sweeps.

Plus, e-Hobby totally confirmed Scourge and Cyclonus being TC and Skywarp, respectively.

And Animated Cyclonus is Skywarp. Srsly.

10. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

Let's get it right, buddy. Megatron became Galvatron, Thundercracker became Scourge, Bombsheel became Cyclonus, Skywarp became And His Armada, and the Insecticons and other dudes became Sweeps.

Hasbro itself totally confirmed Cyclonus being Bomshell and Skywarp as Armada respectively in the offical Hasbro/Botcon Wrecker comics

E.Hoby does not out rank Hasbro

BTW, what ehoby item confirms Skywarp as Cyclonus in your opinion?

11. shockwave2005

I'm really not sure anyone can get it "right".

I mean, the Insecticons appear in Season 3. And they speak with their assigned voices.

There are too many holes to say any one conclusion is definite. The only concrete things are Megatron = Galvatron, and Thundercraker = Scourge.

12. Stryker055

Stryker055 Trying my best here!

Ebay:
    Those were the Universe comics, and I tend not to regard them as canon to the G1 cartoon continuity (but if they were actually announced as so, then we have contradiction).

The e-Hobby prose story Macrocosmic Seekers, Chapter Seven: Resisting People has Cyclonus and Scourge (and Galvatron) stuck in the exact moment of time where Unicron reformatted them, giving them some thoughts and powers of both lives. Cyclonus gained the ability to warp and vaguely remembered doing it before, and Scourge was able to make sonic booms. The story was released with the three-packs and was said to be set in the G1 cartoon continuity, but really I guess it's debatable whether or not this is any more "canon" than the Universe comic.

Really though, it doesn't matter who was who, as Cyclonus is a completely separate individual from whoever he used to be. It's really just up to your own personal canon, as there is evidence to back up either one.

13. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Yeah sure let's go with it.

14. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

As far as I know it was said to be canon with the toons.

But I have a tendancy not to view retcons or added stories from different mediums as canon with eaxh other.

Meaning a comic or novel cant add or retcon a toon.

Hasbro's original policy had the toons and books as seprate,
    Is that a Japanese comic?

If so theres no debate.

Its a different continuity.

It might be canon for the Japanese market, but not for Hasbro's markets.

thanks for the info
    true

15. ServO

ServO Seeker (I look for stuff) Super Mod

News Credits:
    You are correct...there are too many holes...and animation errors to definately say for 100% certainty...I mean...look at Starscreams coronation...Thundercracker is present in 3 different shots for that sequence...

16. Shadowbreaker

Shadowbreaker ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

News Credits:
    Who's to say that Cyclonus and Scourge were the ones closest to the screen? Just because he said their names first doesn't mean they were the ones up front.

17. 1984forever

1984forever Banned

Maybe that was a blue generic seeker from MTMTE pt.2? Is the guy that wrote TF the movie dead? If not, we need to ask him who was who, and end this decades long debate.

18. shockwave2005

That's what I was thinking: Generic Seeker #15,004 :lol 

19. The F.N.G.

The F.N.G. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Given that the point of the scene is to show off the new guys, it's logical to assume that Cyclonus and Scourge would be the focus of the shot. You want your audience to see the character and know that it's them. Putting the highlighted character in the back with some generic in front of him, IMO, doesn't make much sense.

20. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

Flim making college

In the absence of any other identifying actions the centered for founted most focused character is the named one.

the only possible theroy that supports that thinking is that it was an animation error of some kind, and the story boards prove it was no animation error.

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.