So oilslick is really............SPOILER!

Discussion in 'Transformers Animated Discussion' started by siekone, Jun 6, 2008.

1. siekone

siekone TeletranX

News Credits:
    MELTDOWN? Pretty obvious after the black friday episode. Sorry if this has been discussed already!

2. RedWolf

RedWolf Well-Known Member

Well so far Oilslick is the only non-show character.

But who knows in season three along with a Bumblebee hating stinger bot.

3. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Your opinion was noted. Now get lost. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well, not neccessarily. He was designed as a non-show character. The designers apparently only found out about his existance at or around Botcon from what I understand. He was pretty much designed to be a filler character to space out the show characters more as they had some extra funding I believe. This is also how Soundwave's toy ended up with Laserbeak, but Laserbeak didn't feature in the show becuase the CN guys didn't know about Laserbeak being added to the design.

Though, at Botcon, the CN design team said that they may try to work Oil Slick into season three or four. If they do I can see them perhaps attempting to work the character into Meltdown, but it would totally contradict the profile given for the character which makes him a feared Decepticon bounty hunter like Lockdown.

4. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    It would be rather cool if Oil Slick does turn out to be Meltdown; I wonder how they would get round his absolute hatred for machines though.

5. Laser_Optimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Agreed and it would be better than his semi-generic bio that he currently has.

I suppose they could make it similar to a Pretender shell made from organic materials with him being inside it. I mean, after all... the dome helmet seems to have a cesspool styled head like his inside... which is kind of a strange design for a robot to have.

6. siekone

siekone TeletranX

News Credits:
    Its him, There's those pretender throwbacks that are his henchman he uses, Im willing to bet they turn him into oilslick, just to much of coinsedence.

7. nkelsch

nkelsch Do you know this Icon? TFW2005 Supporter

It felt like he was 'infused' with technology by mixing himself with BA's energy.

I am not sure if he is gonna end up being oilslick but it doesn't feel like a stretch.

Maybe he is going to regain the power to switch human to acidman? All his pretender goons might.

8. Silent_Magnus

Silent_Magnus Taint of Primus

News Credits:
    His Toy Bio says that he's a ninja that trained with Prowl.
    IDW also said that he is going to show up in issue three of their original Animated series.

9. Lockdown

Lockdown Bootey Hunter

News Credits:
    Id rather they didnt totally invalidate his bio what I think would be an awesome way of handling Oilslick would be to introduce him in the Prowl origin episode. Have Prowl flash back to his cyber ninja training have Oilslick there and them be extremely competative and this result in niether completing there training with each largely blaming the other resulting in Prowls assingment to the space bridge repair crew etc. But more rescently (since the events of Fistful of Energon) Lockdown has taken on Oilslick in much the same way as the offer of partnership that he offered Prowl.

10. Silent_Magnus

News Credits:
    Maybe Prowl ruined Oil Lick's life which turned him to the decepticon side!
    The main characters seem to be good at doing that.

11. Laser_Optimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Autobots... ruining their careers and your lives! :lol  Sorry... couldn't resist.

12. Omega Charge

Omega Charge Prepare for trouble...

News Credits:
    I thought the same thing when I first saw him at the Toy Fair. And if they bring him in the show, it's possible. But for now, he's non-show.

13. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    A Prowl/Oil Slick rivalry seams almost guaranteed if he makes it into the show. I can just see the chase scene in my head already.

Prowls origin episode is a definite must too. He is the only one left to do. I can just see Prowl at the Cybertron Dojo training along side Oil Slick, Bludgeon, and Banzaitron. The three betray their master and in the battle Prowl damages Oil Slick causing him to need that helmet. His master offline Prowl can not complete his training and loses the ability to trust anybody. In order to cover it up the Elite Guard transfers Prowl to an out of the way totally unimportant maintenance crew....yeah that will work for now

14. Vangelus

Vangelus Long Live the New Flesh Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Ever since I saw Oil Slick's jar-head, I'd assumed he was connected to Meltdown. But as said before, Botcon revealed that not to be the case (at least, not the case so far).

Who knows though. :D  Maybe they'll let that one single toy bio get pushed to the side come season 3 or 4.

15. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    I doubt it. Oilslick bears no resemblance to Meltdown. For one, he has a giant nose, something Meltdown never had even as Prometheus Black. Two, Meltdown has the distict melting pattern to his face, Oilslick does not have this. His face looks like a regular face. Also, I don't see how the end of Black Friday has anything to do with Oilslick? It doesn't give hints to him becoming that wich he hates so much, and it doesn't give any reason for him to not simply recollect into his suit which is still there waiting for him.

16. siekone

siekone TeletranX

News Credits:
    He does give hints by the way, He says! and if I am not mistaken that his dream is to make an organic transformer, hence the reason for the bubble dome head on oilslick Its just a suit that transforms and there gonna try an throw you at botcon they don't want to spoil the surprise!

17. Silent_Magnus

News Credits:
    But then it's not really the organic transforming.
    It's the suit around it transforming.

Meltdown wants something like Savage/Noble.

18. webz

webz Banned

Ebay:
    I want them to make a toy of the stuffed pony riding princess girl. She's so annoying, I'd buy the figure just to shoot it repeatedly into fragments of plastic.

The humans in TF:A are HORRID except for Fanzone. He's not bad, eh? Fanzone reminds me both of my now deceased uncle (Fanzone is an exact cartoon version of how he looked), and the Airport chief in Die Hard 2.

19. Lockdown

Lockdown Bootey Hunter

News Credits:
    Yeah Im sorry the Meltdown > Oilslick strikes me as a huge stretch and Im with Split Lip I dont even know what it is that leads people to this.

20. siekone

siekone TeletranX

News Credits:
    Time will tell, ey but I def can't wait till next season I love this show and to be honest I hate that princess girl so much I love her! I think it would be cool also to see this show eventually do what the ben ten show has done and restylize it in a couple years so we can see everyone a little older?human char wise!