so now that the movie rush died down, there's a lot less users

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by ckhtiger, Aug 18, 2007.

1. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

this is just something I noticed when on the listing page, we went from having 1000+ users online in the evenings, back down to the usual 600 or so. so why the flash in the pan? did that many people just come to the boards to look around? did we scare them off with our obsessiveness? not that I mind, and I never ventured into the actual movie discussion section anyway, I heard it was too full of bashing and stuff. any thoughts?

2. Optimus Scourge

Optimus Scourge Arcee's boy toy Veteran

News Credits:
    Ah, yes, it's a little more peacefull now. I never really went near the movie forum pre movie.
    *shudder*

3. EvaUnit13

EvaUnit13 REBUILD

Yeah, you're probably right, though the rush will probably be back around the times of the sequels. Nothing like some other forums, though, the Nintendo forums are always alive

4. Grimwing

Grimwing Scientist Supreme

News Credits:
    The rush will probably be back in january when the "bayformers" dvd launches.

In the mean time we just have to deal with the toy drought.

5. Sector Seven

Sector Seven ∞ GΣΣK™

It does cut down on the "did you see this great video on YouTube?" posts. Somewhat.

6. pcsguy88

pcsguy88 I'm a Toys R Us kid TFW2005 Supporter

:lolol 

7. DeathStorm

DeathStorm Snoochie Boochies

News Credits:
    Now we have to deal with the influx of "I loved these toys as a kid and I want to start buying them again since seeing the movie" posts. I've responded to a lot of them in the past few weeks. I'm thinking maybe I just need to keep a generic response in Word and just cut/paste it.

"Welcome to the boards - yes the toys carried on after the animated movie, yes you'll have to pay if you want to get originals from the 80s, yes there are reissues out there, yes there is a new cartoon starting, Japan puts out a lot of Transformers, so does Hasbro, don't forget about the repaints/remolds, there's no definitive price guide, no that's not a real Transformer, it's a knock-off. Any other questions?"

Last edited: Aug 18, 2007
  8. DarkHUcaseal

DarkHUcaseal Active Member

I'm new! I'm here!

I just find that the whole "General TF" section goes so godawfully fast that it makes my head spin, so I like to hide out in the Toyark, though with the current drought it's not been as exciting as it could be.

But still, that top section goes so fast...it's freaky. o.o

9. Deadend

Deadend Overloaded Spark

News Credits:
    The influx of users since the movie announcement has been odd. But whatever, more users is good I guess.

Personally I'm debating on taking a leave of absence myself on movie discussion till the dvd. I mean, how many times can you state flatly something is the way it is, without others trying to add made up scenes or audio? It's pointless till the dvd hits, and people can just say the times or chapter. It's not like you can comment about doing that at this given point in time. xD

Reminds me why I rarely voyaged out of the sightings forum and news and rumors.

10. pcsguy88

pcsguy88 I'm a Toys R Us kid TFW2005 Supporter

Until some new molds come out, I think all of the forums will remain "Wash, Rinse, Repeat." I think the MP Grimlock rumor thread's length is evidence enough of how desperate all of us are for anything exciting and new. The movie and MP-05's buttplug created such a buzz, it's hard to find anything interesting to talk about without rehashing the same subjects. ***EDIT*** -TFW2005 Staff

Hell, it took the movie to get me to sign-up and I've been lurking since Alt Smokescreen and the original 20th Prime. I really joined to help out with the Rav/Rum hunt in my area.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 18, 2007
  11. Johnator

Johnator 'Til All Are Gone!

That is hilarious and true.

12. Talathia

Talathia TFW's Cool Little Heathen

The movie re-sparked (harhar) my interest in Beast Wars/Machines. I almost squealed with glee when I saw the Cheetor, that recently came out, and grapped that sucker and ran to the register like a bitch on fire. 8( All you old-schoolers make me wanna watch the 80s cartoon and movie. I'm a huge fan of Traditional Animation and am digging for anything I can get my hands on, no matter how old it is.
    ....I also have no life :{~..

13. Harbinger

Harbinger ecnayonnA

the royal bitchiness of most fans made me distance myself from the general fandom. i rarely see any pics or sigs saying bay has raped their childhoods. which means the fandom is now returning to its normal old self with afew newbies that has rediscovered transformers thanks to the movie.

14. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot Arise Rodimus Prime

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    You guys remember right around the movies release, you could barely view the site the traffic was so heavy.

15. Sycia

Sycia Draconian Faction

Only registered here recently, but I have been lurking. Mostly in the funnies section though, and my interest there isn't waning one bit. :D  It's great to see people entertaining others with pieces of plastic. Also a great way to end a stressful day.

16. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

Oh man that was terrible, though I think it was worse whenever the Megatron design pics were leaked.

On topic, I didn't mind all the noobs (we were all new once), but I can't stand noobs whose first posts or threads were rants about either likers or haters of the movie.

17. Ironhide2005

Ironhide2005 PS3tag=DeaDPooLTFW

News Credits:
    Yah I'm gonna be honust I thought about leaveing tfs but new classics,new awsome tv show comin soon,and tf2 cmon those are awsome reasons to stay

18. Witwicky Camaro

Witwicky Camaro Sabbatical Is Required

News Credits:
    Yup, the movie re-Sparked my interest in talking endlessly about Transformers and TFW2005's forums were just the place to talk about it. It was a relief to get all those questions or general conversation attempts outa my mind. I mean, I honestly couldn't talk about it to Supernatural Fangirls, they were all too busy with "HAWTNESSS OF [HURT!]DEAN! [LIMP!]SAM! LOL!" ---- God. SN Forums used to be fun, now they're just a nightmare! Thank Primus there's this place.

But yeah, I've noticed the decrease of persons around here.

19. Trenner Dios

Trenner Dios Humility > Huge Ego

I thought the movie forum was more fun before the movie came out. There was always something cool in between all the loving/hating posts.

Now it's so boring. Everybody posting threads about every little tiny scene in the movie. "Hey how come like when Jazz transforms there is a slight blue gleam off of his hood? How come Megatron's jet mode didn't have ailerons? Why did that one building in that one scene have so many windows?? What do you think about the scene with the comedy and the robots and the puddin' and the aaghoaih;igdha;igahsighaigIALG;ha"

I can't read anything there anymore.

20. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I always be a fan in good times and the not-so-good. Still, it's good to see better site performance. I'd like to think as members perhaps not being gone, just less vocal about thier views.