So, now that it has come and gone...anyone sad its over?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by NGW, Jul 3, 2007.

1. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    I mean, I had such an amazing time the last...however long waiting for the movie.

All the info and sneak peeks we were getting. The spoilers.

It all culminated with the movie itself, which is probably one of the best times I have EVER had in a theater. Was just so much fun, and such an AMAZING movie.

Now that I have finally seen it, it comes to pass that...that's it.

Yeah I will probably see it again (maybe a few more times) in theaters or whatever, but all the waiting is gone. The movie is here, and well...just kinda sad that what I have been waiting for for a very long time is over.

Anyone else feel the same?

2. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Villain

News Credits:
    All we can do is look forward to Animated :) 

Oh, and for those of us with HD-DVD, that too :D 

3. Seabringer

Seabringer D34dp00l's H34dm4st3r

Don't forget the sequel

4. GMANIFESS

GMANIFESS G1 Manifestations

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Not looking forward to the next animation in anyway possible.

Right now I'm just going to enjoy the raging hype that delivered into a true summer blockbuster, & to see our precious hobby enjoyed by the great masses.
    Something I've never thought I'd see again after Star Wars. Then I'll laugh at all the closet fans who suddenly want to now admit that Transformers were awesome in the 80's, and how suddenly everyone admits to enjoying the toon & toys now that its no longer a guilty pleasure since Speilberg said it was cool...:rolleyes2 

I feel good about the flick, and the entire theater clapped when it was over.
    Feeling satisfied for now.
    Gonna enjoy that feeling for a while.

5. Noisemaze2006

Noisemaze2006 Banned

I feel totally let down. I didn't enjoy it as much as I thought I would. They spent too much time on the humans & hardly any time on the robots. Bonecrusher, Starscream, Blackout, Jazz, Ratchet & Brawl had hardly any screen time. They were there but weren't there! Pretty scenery.

The end battle was a friggin mess,felt like they filmed it during an Earthquake. I couldn't tell what the hell was going on. Just a big blurr.

Barricade just disappeared. One minute he's there & then you never see him again.

I saw the clips of the great epic Bonecrusher battle but as it turned out, it wasn't great or epic. They showed most of it in the clips. 2 seconds & he's dead. What a crock!

They never finished the air battle with Starscream. He transformed back into jet mode, they started chasing him trying to lock on & shoot him down but that's all we saw. They just cut to the next scene & forgot about finishing that one.

And poor Jazz, they totally dropped the ball with Jazz. The coolest character in the whole damn movie & they didn't do a damn thing with him.

I think I'll like it better after I see it again. Next time I won't have any expectations, I'll be able to just enjoy it for what it is. I hated the game the 1st time I went through it but loved it the 2nd time.

6. Turnpike

Turnpike Brawl is my bee-otch

I really doubt there will be a sequel, because from the fans and critics reaction, this movie is doing mediocre at best (quick! blame BAY for everything, like all the critics do! It makes you look like you know something about films!). From all the reports of empty seats and dissatisfied fans, I seriously doubt this movie will have any impact whatsoever at the boxoffice to ensure a part 2. (this is coming from someone who has supported this movie from day 1)

What I'm looking forward to now? Watching the darn movie in 4 more weeks! Woot! Last country in the world to get it, baby! After that it'll be the DVD, then the animated show... And then... VOLTRON: DEFENDER OF THE UNIVERSE - The Movie

7. redsquadron

redsquadron Token idiot...

This is the total opposite of what someone else here (can't remember who) said - "Way more robot action than I'd anticipated". Not a flame, just an observation - I guess the flood of opinions we're going to be getting will be as diverse as the people who see it.

I guess the only final opinion that will ultimately matter is mine.

8. Noisemaze2006

Noisemaze2006 Banned

Before the movie started a guy that worked there went up front & told everybody that this is a sold out show & said something about moving away from the center so the people coming in could get a seat. I was like "yeah, right, I got here early so I could pick a good seat, you're not gonna stick me next to no wall". But anyway, the guy said it was sold out but there were a bunch of empty seats. I thought that was kinda weird.

9. Starscream NZ

Starscream NZ Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well, I have heard nothing but positive comments about the movie, and all indicates i've heard are stating high numbers of seatings, so I don't see how this is a failure. Transformers made more in four days than Oceans Thirteeen has in three weeks in my country.

10. Futureruleroftheuniverse

Futureruleroftheuniverse Well-Known Member

well I can't wait for the animated toy molds...
    not sure how well the series will turn out (the art doesn't seem attractive to me).

11. geerave

geerave Well-Known Member

sad? hell no! i had such a blast watching that movie. i can see why some people have gripes with the movie, but i dont understand what they were expecting. its awesome and im sure it will crush the box office for the next few weeks at least.

12. Futureruleroftheuniverse

Futureruleroftheuniverse Well-Known Member

I just have gripes about some molds (SS, Megatron, Ironhide and old Bumblebee)... but it was a well done movie.
    I don't have the problem with an un-G1 storyline (a cube, lol...) 'cause Transformers are known to have different realities in their series anyway, so why not the movie?
    shoving in that VW Beetle next to the movie bumblebee was a bit of a fanboy touch.

13. .SentinelPrime Is Dead.

.SentinelPrime Is Dead. Banned

When i went last night the movie was crowded, but by no means was it full. also. i only waited 10-15 minutes to get a ticket.

Now granted. i know KNOW someone is going to quote me and say, "yeah my movie was so super crowded that i waited all night, and had a burning bush tell me that this movie marks the second coming of the lord."

but at my theater it wasn't super mega packed. no one was wearing anything transformer related. i thought this was going to have the same type of opening day that star wars had when i was in the 9th grade. it was insane on the opening weekend. people dressed as Jedi's. people looking all sorts of weird. this just had a few people in the line ahead of me, and an early 30s couple behind us also commenting that the theatre did seem kind of empty.

14. Smokescreen

Smokescreen The Ultimate Gambler TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'm a little down now that I've seen it. But, there was so much going on in the film, that I know I missed some stuff. I'm looking forward to seeing it again later in the week. Hopefully, I'll catch the stuff I missed the first time. And don't forget, there'll be a DVD in the Fall sometime. There's that to look forward to.

15. GladiatorPrime

GladiatorPrime working on Rampage P2-V2

Now...I wait for the DVD, and the sequels, to witch I hope there is many!!!

16. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Um, I don't know about your theater, but mine was Packed, and I mean Packed, in Austin. Now while most of you guys might think, "oh the movie is doomed, not every single seat was filled, no one was wearing costumes (that would be very uncomfortable to sit in, within a theater, unlike most Star Wars ones), keep in mind that it's a Monday night showing, and that realisitcally, some people didn't even know it was coming out today. The Commercials still state the third, and even some people that I know that were really looking forward to it got their tickets for tonight because they had no idea about the early showing. Furthermore, unlike other Summer mvies I saw, this movie received a LOUD round of clapping and cheering at the end. These people will pass the word to their friends and families. Transformers, doesn't carry the wieght of Spiderman's name, but it will carry more positive words after the viewing. I hardly thing this movie is doomed because not as many people showed up for a viewing on a Monday night that not everyone knew about.

17. NIDARAM12

NIDARAM12 Robot art guy

News Credits:

That pretty much sums up my feelings, although in a much more coherent way than I expressed them last night during post-movie-high. :p 

18. Caterwaul

Caterwaul Busou Shinki Loremaster

...No offense, but wth are you getting this idea from? It's actually doing pretty decent with the reviewers and REALLY well with the casual viewer if the various rating sites are to be believed.

19. Pwnbeaver

Pwnbeaver teh uber pwnage

It was already greenlit.

20. Soundwave84

Soundwave84 Banned

News Credits:
    wow my place wasnt filled but it def was clapping a cheering at the end