So Now That I have MP SS, I feel like I'm Done

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Rod, Nov 12, 2007.

1. Rod

Rod No Silly Robot User Name

I picked up MP Starscream, and looking towards the future of TF toys, there is nothing, outside classics 2.0, I'm interested in.

I feel the same way I did when G2 started to come out, back then all the neon colored stuff really turned me off, and I got away from TFs all together...until Alternators that is. Alts really struck a cord with me, of course I was about 19, and I feel that line was geared towards people like me, G1's adult fans, and Classics was similar in that way only far more accessible by the general population

I guess that I'm tired of seeing all the re hashes (on~on) and repaints coming from the movie line very few of which generate genuine interest with me. And while TF: Animated may be a good cartoon, the toys (the ones we've seen) dont really do anything for me, they look a bit to kiddie for me.

I dont feel at all let down, in anyway. The Alternators, Classics, and MP lines are all amazing and its been a rush hunting buying and probably most of all repainting and costomizing, but I guess I'm ready for a hiatus.

Anyone else feel the same way?

2. FreshDebesh

FreshDebesh <b><font color=brickred>oye chak de phatte!</font> Veteran

You're not done if you don't have MP Skywarp.

3. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    I'll let you know after I find Starscream.

4. Death333

Death333 Otherwise known as Dx3

News Credits:
    I don't think I'll ever be done. There are some years where there's not much for me to get but I always end up getting a few. Part of it with me though is the fun in figuring them out without instructions. I'm also just kind of addicted.

5. noob_collection

noob_collection noob at collecting

When you have only 5 TF's like me, the hunting never ends :p 

6. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    I feel like Animated will kill it for me, but then I can play catch-up on some of the better stuff (RID, G1). I know I'll be buying some from Animated, but only because of character association (Soundwave, Starscream, Bumblebee), but other than that, I'll probably be "done" until Classics 2 (after Landmine and Stockade, that is...)

7. kenm2474

kenm2474 LORD DC TFW2005 Supporter

Well I will never be done. So I hope you are happy with that decision.

8. Nerdling

Nerdling Plastic Crack Addict

Ebay:
    I dont have Hasbro's Screamer, but I'm done myself. Not really interested in any TFs except maybe Alt Roddy, and even then it's a sort of "oh thats cool, nah too much money I can use for food/rent/bills etc."

9. TCracker

TCracker おもちゃは今とても暑いです

News Credits:
    Done? I dont think so...whattabout Thundercracker? It aint over until the seekers are complete!

10. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Hasbro will never let you leave!

11. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

That's what my plan is. IMO, Alternators/Masterpiece is the culmination of TF collecting. I was into Classics but the Botcon set as well as the fact I have the original G1 stuff kind of killed that. I'll get MPs as long as they keep coming and are different but overall, I don't thin kI'll be getting anything else.

12. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    I feel like I close to finally completing a good set of G1 figures, If they would just release a Mp Thundercraker and Soundwave, but I'm far from done.

13. Ruination04

Ruination04 8 Years Old Since 1984!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I got to get Quints 2-5, WST Sludge & Swoop, MP Starscream, MP Skywarp, 3 Encores, and the KO Wheeljack & Sunstreaker. THEN I will feel like I am done, unless they do mre Encores of TFs I don't have, the Quint Allicon, an MP Thundercracker........ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

14. Autobot Dave

Autobot Dave Photobot

Ha ha... I'd say that's fairly accurate.

And yeah, I'll definitely be pickin' up MP Screamer. After that though, I think I'm about done with major collecting.

-Be warned, the following is WAAAY longer than I'd intended, and is sort of a history of my collecting Transformers post-G1.

After G2's repainted versions of my favorite G1 robots in disguise, I stopped. My ONLY regret from that, is I still don't have a Laser Optimus Prime.

Then came Beast Wars. I didn't initially like the toys because they didn't look like the animals they were supposed to represent. When Transmetals came out, I went NUTS. Some of those STILL hold up as the greatest Transformers to date, as far as I'm concerned.

Then Beast Machines. I have a few toys from that line; the faves bein' Obsidian, and Scavenger, believe it or not. Largely though, I didn't really care, and have NO regrets over figures that I'm missing from that line.

News came from overseas about Japan's Car Robots, and then news that they were comin' to the states! Well, that and... OPTIMUS PRIME WAS BACK!!! I even did a charcoal drawing (against my prof's wishes, of course) of RID Op, Kup and Hot Rod for one of my assignments. Even then though, after RID Op, the Car Bros., Megs, the Predacons and Sky-Byte, I didn't get much (clearly, I was influenced by the on-again/off-again toon). It wasn't until a year or two ago that I scored RID Scourge on eBay. This is one line that I may go back to one day, to try and at least get all of the original molds.

Armada: Meh, didn't get into it until well after it's initial run. There's not a single figure in that line that I pick up and fiddle with. I'm not even a huge fan of Bendy Prime or Unicron (but my idiot self has both of 'em)

Energon - A dangerous path, indeed. At this point, I realized I was just hunting 'em down for the hunt of it. Granted, there are seven figures that I really enjoy from the line, but out of 40 or 50 that I have, that's not very good odds.

Cybertron - Though I realized my downfall with Energon, I really enjoyed the look and feel of the Cybertron line. I count it as one of the greatest lines ever. As such, I have at least one of each mold, but still only 11 or 12 figures that I really like.

Classics - I have most of them (minus Devastator and the Botcon set), and am now realizing that they left me pretty cold. The stand-outs for me are Bumblebee, Skywarp, Ramjet, Jetfire, and an honorable mention to Megs, who would have been great had it not been for his colors. Then there's the Botcon set which, unfortunately, left me VERY cold on the brand.

Movie - I can't get behind the look, and only bought movie figures to support the brand, and applaud Hasbro's engineering (though I was still cold on the Botcon set). And even though I only bought figures that were actually in the movie, I'm starting to regret THAT. As I look at my movie figures right now, only the 09 Bumblebee seems worth it.

Animated - Again, I can't get behind the look. I wish I could. I generally applaud the idea of "different is good". These just aren't my kind of different. I think the cartoon will be well-written though, and I'll enjoy watching it.

I guess the long and short of it is, whether I'm getting older, whether I realize how much of a dent collecting's put in my wallet over the years, or whether the brand just seems to be leaving me behind, it's simply not my thing anymore.

With all that said, I'll still be looking forward to Classics 2.0, Masterpieces, and trying to fill in a few holes in my BT and RID collections, but over-all, I may be done.

Anyway gang, that was really long, and I need to get drawin' the ol' company Christmas card.

Have fun, and I'll talk atcha' next time!

15. viper2391

viper2391 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm done. I have completed all the Takara reissues 0-21 plus the commemorative hasbro g1 reissues. Have MP Prime, Starscream and Megatron and also all altenators (1 mold per toy only but I do have Smokescreen and Silverstreak). I do have some movie toys that I like but that's it. If there's a new masterpiece then I'd probably consider buying if I like but I'm done. I'm switching to new hobbies/collecting. I feel I have already satisfied the child in me that missed those toys when I was growing up. I'm happy with what I have and I'm not a slave anymore that I have to buy everything. To sum it all up--- I'm fullfilled!

16. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    suuuuuuuuure buddy. keep telling yerself that.

17. TCracker

TCracker おもちゃは今とても暑いです

News Credits:
    What he said :D 

18. shreddertron

shreddertron Well-Known Member

I was "done" after beast wars. Then I came back a little bit before the movie came out. I learned a huge lesson from that. It's okay to stop buying, but it will hurt you big time, in the wallet, if you stop looking. Catching up on RID,Alternators, BW Neo and Classics(Not so much classics) has been hell on my finances, when added to the cost of movie toys.

Shopping in the aftermarket sucks. Even though my purchasing will slow down. I don't think I'll ever stop looking at what's coming out. Besides some of the animated toys look purchase worthy.

19. Bobby Lemain

Bobby Lemain Cassette Man

I only just got into this at the beginning of last summer because I wanted to learn how to paint (collecting toys became a quirk) and i got really deep into G1 and I started hitting up sources to get all the G1 figures I wanted, but since I am really picky and poor, I kept my goals low on the price scale, and once I get any sort of G1 prime, Im basically donewith collecting.

the only things i look forward to are new KOs (which are never announced besides these new fangled ones, but i enjoy the strangely packaged ones better) and modding my KO defensor/MP Prime.

when i run out of ideas will be a while but for collecting, my goals have run short.

(I don't wanna blow a huge hole in my tiny jobless, school-going, wallet, so I only go for soundwaves, cassette men, (g1 style) primes, (p37) megatrons, and really nice KOs that are microman/diaclone/pre-tf or are just really nice... lol.) wow. parentheses in parentases

20. Otispq

Otispq Elocution Onymous

News Credits:
    With all the great new designs and articulation, I just don't see myself doing anything but adding to the collection for a long long time.