So. Now I don't have a car for a while...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Hand Of Omega, Nov 24, 2009.

1. Hand Of Omega

Hand Of Omega Well-Known Member

I am a real lucky guy on the road. After posting on the 'I should be charged with attempted murder' thread about my dice with the lives of a stupid mother's children, I get this, allow me to vent:

Coming home from work, There is scarcely a few car lengths between me and the cars in front and not a car behind me for at least 100 metres and this landscape truck, with a trailer, pulls out in front of me, staring straight ahead and ignoring the fact I am there. :sly2: 
    I thought he was going to keep crossing and slowed down quite a bit, but the idiot stopped! Trailer blocking half my lane and whammo! :jawdropper: 
    Then he gets out and starts raving at me for not watching where I was going.
    I let loose with a tryrade of my own about his absolute uncoordinated, half witted actions and he soon backed down, offered his details and even helped me push my car off the road - I could have driven it as the panel and spoiler damage wasn't critical, but on top of everything else, the tyre was flat!
    So, he drove off with his wonky trailer and I sat there furious.
    Bloody hell, now I have to rely on other people and put them out to get to work, etc. :redface2: 
    5 days the car is in the shop. Luckily his insurance is good.
    I don't beleive the blatant stupidity out there - 'am I pulling a trailer? I forget cos I'm a dumbass' - UURGH! :mad  - OK, better now. :thumb 

2. Sportimus

Sportimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Sorry to hear that. This definitely is not your month. Glad no one was hurt. Must be a full moon over there, or they've been drinking something wacky to be so stoopid. Hang in there.

3. sweetnessprime1

sweetnessprime1 Brute force of Team Metal

That just f@#&ing sucks. I hate drivers who don't watch where they're going.

4. red4

red4 Banned

Had a friend who was nearly killed when a huge semi t-boned her little Tiburon. Her car was smashed like a tin, but she walked away with:
    Temporary amnesia
    Bloodied arm
    Headache
    Zero internal damage
    Zero broken bones
    And she peed herself

5. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

Yeesh... that just plain sucks.

Reminds me of a story my friend told me of some asshole who sat right in the middle of an intersection and she and her then-fiancee were coming towards the intersection -- and they're in a truck pulling a horse trailer. They ended up swerving to avoid hitting this guy and hit a pole instead. The guy who was sitting in his car in the middle of the intersection simply waved and drove off.

Seriously, drivers these days...

6. Hand Of Omega

That just f'ing sucks all right. Bad month indeed.
    Funny thing, the headlight is intact, which is great, they cost a lot of $$. Still wouldn't matter anyway, its his insurance money. ;) 
    Not having a go at truck drivers here, but they are some of the most impatient and take some really silly risks, I know they have schedules and deadlines as well as find it hard to pull out onto a busy street, but the amount of near collisions with semis I have experienced, both as driver and passenger is distrubing.
    Oh, and red4 - ouch. Lucky, but traumatic. It must have been torture with the amnesia depending I guess how long it was.

7. Red Alert

Red Alert Security

News Credits:
    I feel your pain.:( 

8. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    there are times im afraid to go on the roads as i have begun to wonder if some of the people out there gun there licenses out of cereal boxes, its just fragging Insane the way some people drive. Im glad your okay Omega and damn your overdue for some good karma

9. Dran0n

Dran0n Junk male

News Credits:
    Wow, that sucks. Least you weren't hurt.

10. newguy

newguy i

Well I'm glad your ok, and the car can be fixed up.
    People seem to foget when they have a trailer rather quite often.

11. red4

red4 Banned

She recalled everything to me in great detail. She said the moment of impact was the loudest most terrifying sound she's ever heard in her life. She doesn't recall the chaos, however. She said the next thing she remembers is sitting upright inside the car, with her back to the passenger door, and her feet comfortably nestled on the ground out the driver's side door - and her pants were wet. She said that means she got out just fine (with the help of a passerby), and came back to sit down while emergency crews made their way to the scene. However, she doesn't actually recall getting out and walking back to sit down; nor does she recall being helped, although the good samaritan was still there and filled her in with the details. She does remember the paramedics insisting that she be taken to the hospital, and she remembers insisting that it wasn't necessary. The next thing she remembers is being driven home by one of her older sisters. Once home, she went to bed and fell asleep. The next thing she remembers is waking up with a throbbing headache, and disorientation. Feeling distressed, she went to the bathroom, and when she looked in the mirror is when she realized her left arm was covered in blood and shards of glass. She said she panicked, and desperately asked her family what had happened to her. She eventually calmed down and got her arm cleaned up and bandaged. Thus, the amnesia was very very brief. That's about all that happened.

12. Hand Of Omega

I always look at it that way as well - as long as the person is OK, thats all that matters. Yeh, gimme the good Karma! ;) 

Someone else mentioned that people forget they have a trailer too often, but I can't help but wonder if its complacency rather than forgetfulness sometimes.
    'I have a trailer, people will watch out for it so I don't have to' or something like that perhaps.
    That said, this morning there was a huge semi reversing into a tight dock in a busy street where I work in the industrial area and some idiot flew down the road, overtook the waiting cars, squeezed between the trailer and the opposite curb and dodged over to the right side of the road to narrowly miss cars waiting on the other side. So common sense is fading fast on all sides.

My story seems inconsequential by comparison. Sorry to hear about that.

13. red4

red4 Banned

*slaps knee* That's nuthin' compared to the time I fell in a wood chipper.

14. rattrap007

rattrap007 Insert witty comment here TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    And I bet she is so thankful you included that little detail in your post...

15. red4

red4 Banned

Well she divulged it to me rather readily. So she wasn't embarrassed. Not to mention I'm not giving out her name.

16. Dran0n

Dran0n Junk male

News Credits:
    I hate stupid drivers.

I was drivin' home from TRU the other day, I was in that little space, off the freeway, and I was trying to pull in and some dumbass went out of his way to pull up behind me so he can give me the middle finger and that I could see sid middle finger. I HATE DRIVIN'.

17. KnightSaberAmi

KnightSaberAmi Nyan Nyan

Yeah, drivers these days... they leave me with: WTF?!? did you just see that?

18. Hand Of Omega

I bet you went to pieces after that. How on earth did you pull yourself together? ;) 

Yeh. I say that, and more, a lot.

.....I miss my car. :( 

19. red4

red4 Banned

I actually slipped right through the gaps with perfect timing.

20. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hand of Omega, why are you put out?
    When i got rear ended by a lady doing her taxes while driving at 40mph at a red light, her Insurance paid not only for my repairs, but for a RENTAL CAR until my car was returned. In the end, i had a rental car for 3 weeks.

so his insurance isn't that good, IMO.
    (I learned to hate Rental Cars from the accident, but i still got to work ok.)

and the 2nd accident i was in, all the girls in the little Honda were texting and plowed so hard into my friend's car that they went in UNDER the rear of her Ford Edge and our airbags didn't deploy. It sent us into the back of a pickup truck with a pregnant lady on board.
    There was a cop who saw the accident and watched the driver get out with phone still in hand, still texting she was in an accident.
    stupid idiots trying to multitask.

But my friend got a really nice SUV from the rental company- paid for by the texting chick's insurance.