So now do you still care about Skyquake?

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by Fonecrusher, Mar 12, 2011.

1. Fonecrusher

Fonecrusher Megatron wants YOU

So is anybody else feeling like the 2 new Cons totally blew Skyquake out of the water? Sure Skyquake had that whole "loyal to Megatron, badass with honour" thing going on. But personally I feel Knockout and Breakdown are a much better fit for the TFPrime Decepticons: Knockout oozes personality and class (loved the line about why he chose car mode) while Breakdown fulfills the big brute role for the Cons perfectly, and even managed to throw in a couple of one liners too.

Don't get me wrong, hey more the merrier, I definitely wouldn't object to Skyquake returning. But right now I'm thinking I'm not going to lose much sleep over quake's apparent "death", if this new duo's role in Deus Ex Machina is anything to go by for the future.

2. Karhukjnsi

Karhukjnsi Universal Wrestler

News Credits:
    Actually yes, I do. I really liked Skyquake.

3. Deceptijohn

Deceptijohn Metallikato Master

News Credits:
    Yeah I wish Skyquake had gotten to stick around. He's large and in charge and he has a bitchin' minigun. Also he had a great voice that was really imposing, unlike Mr. fancy pants Knockout.

4. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    Why do we have to keep coming back to Skyquake? Why is it that every episode leads to another "How does this episode make you feel about Skyquake" thread?

5. Stygimoloch

Stygimoloch ROBOT! JET! ROBOT!

News Credits:
    Quoted...FOR TRUTH!

6. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I still care about Cliffjumper, not to mention Skyquake. Both are great designs, I'm hoping we see some kind of semi-reanimated Skyquake down the road - not an outright Terrorcon, but something more - to throw in a curveball.

However, Knock Out and Brakedown are worthy additions to the cast, and I'm glad they're sticking around, because both are good and interesting characters with a lot of personality.

7. NCStarscream

NCStarscream Me Grimlock cute

News Credits:
    Pretty much all the characters have been cool so far. The pros of one don't make me dismiss any of the others.

8. Ace Convoy

Ace Convoy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I honestly hate the generic deep wrestler robot voice they gave him and thuus couldn't get a feel to the character.

sorta like the movie 1 bots with their irritating deep voices and thus in rotf they gave them natural voices....voices I expect living organisms to have.

9. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Never gave a shit about him, all he had for him was big, Breakdown is big AND got a personality.

10. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I wish they had done the character like Knockout and Breakdown. Not there every episode but when they need the personalities or they need some extra muscle to put the Autobots in a bad spot it's easy to bring them into the story.

Just seems like there would be some stories where Skyquakes personality might fit in better than the other bots we have right now. Plus I just really liked his design and his gun.

11. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    I personally think he would have been a good addition to the Decepticons, adding some interesting stories. Shame he's gone, hope to see a similar character, as right now we have a narcicist, a bruiser, a schemer, and... whatever you'd call Soundwave. i mean, theres no conflict in the decepticons-none seem dedicated to their cause. they're bad guys, but no one feels like a bad dude. Skyquake did.

12. KnightHawkke

KnightHawkke A Man, Who Does Not Exist. TFW2005 Supporter

Quoted for truth. Just let Skyquake rest for a while, sure we have not seen the last of him, there is plenty else to discuss.

13. FanimusMaximus

FanimusMaximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I miss him.

14. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    I do, and I still hope he makes a return of some sort. While I don't think that Knockout and Brakedown "blew him out of the water", I do see more potential in them. Especially with Knockout being a "medic" of sorts, and Brakedown's history with Bulkhead. It should be interesting to see what this duo is capable of in future episodes.

15. Ribieconvoy

Ribieconvoy It's pronounced "ribby"

News Credits:
    I would've liked Skyquake to stay around so we'd have a more rounded out Con cast, but he's dead. He's deader than a cancerous deer with rabies that got shot with a 12 gauge and run over by Optimus.

16. KWFlange

KWFlange You're So Jelly

I do still think Skyquake was awesome. But Knockout and Breakdown seem far more dynamic and I'd like to see them stick around more so than Skyquake return....but If I could have my cake and eat it too I certainly would! lol

17. Orbital

Orbital Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Don't care :)  had very little personality, reinforced the Autobot's are capable of killing if necessary and was hardly memorable. It seems everyone just loved his Gatling gun and feel it was enough to justify him not having to be killed or for him to return. If that's all it takes, anyone can fill in his shoes in the show...

18. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Bro fist.

19. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

But no one else has a weapon like that so far. He's kind of like the Team Fortress 2 heavy, you can't just have the spy or sniper pick up the gun and shoot the place up so you need the big guy for the big gun.

20. Snark

Snark Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I care.

If only for the fact that a buried, but mostly intact transformer seems pretty much perfect for Mech to find, salvage and make cool stuff out of.