So, no X3 figures?

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by butz, Jun 17, 2006.

1. butz

butz slippery when wet

Went and saw the movie last night and had reasonably good time. Gotta wonder, with that many characters, you would think there'd be all sorts of new figures, right? Whats the deal here?
    Oh, btw, I'm asking in regards to a regular toy line (most likely by ToyBiz) not statues, not high end specialty shop exclusive collectibles, etc.

2. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Megatron? Is that you!?!?

You mean like they had for the 1st movie? Yeah I was a little disappointed myself that they stopped making the figures..I mean for X2 we got nightcrawler and another cyclops.....I really was hoping for some new figures of the plethora of new characters in the movie. I have all the figures you can get from the 1st two movies. They are pretty cool. I even have the Jean Grey and Storm without the bras painted on LOL.

3. shifty02

shifty02 Greetings Programs

Yeah...there are no X3 specific figures...but the new line of Xmen figs is suposedly "replacing" the X3 movie figs.

-Shifty

4. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Villain

News Credits:
    I just want a Juggernaut movie figure.

5. misterd

misterd Well-Known Member

Too bad they were in such a hurry to make X3. Maybe if they took their time they could have lined up a proper toyline.

6. Dark_Convoy

Dark_Convoy Old Bastard Veteran

and when you press the button on him he'd say, "Don't you know who I am? I'M THE JUGGERNAUT BITCH!"

7. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I believe I read somewhere that no toyline for the X3 movie was produced because sales was poor for the last 2 movies. So the best alternative TB could do was to give us all those rather funky redesigns in the X-men line.

8. rattrap007

rattrap007 Insert witty comment here TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'd buy two if it did that...

9. shifty02

shifty02 Greetings Programs

I am personally digging this line of X-Men figs. Most of them are in their updated costumes, or Ultimate costumes and have some pretty decent gimics.

Better figures than either of the first or second movie figs in my opinion.

-Shifty

10. Ktulu

Ktulu Whoosh TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'm sure the movie versions will be made at some point, in some form or another. Still, I'm not upset about it because I've felt that so far all of the X-Men movie figures have been pretty terrible, but that's just me.

11. butz

butz slippery when wet

Most of the past movie figures have been pretty suck-tacular, but I still wanted movie figs for Colossus and Juggy. Don't really care about the new costume ones; saw that Juggy at TRU on Thursday and it looked horrid. The rest were okay, but not interesting enough to buy.

12. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, I agree! I'm looking so forward to Ultimate Ice-man! He looks so cool with the bandana! :D 

13. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

I have most of the first movie figures. They were okay. The one I really wanted was the coat wearing Wolverine but he ended up having a sucky gimmick so it limited his movement. The Magneto was pretty cool. I think I may even have the better versions of those 2 that were in the train scene 2 pack.

Then for X2, there was nothing. 3 wolverines, 2 cyclops, a nightcrawler, a magneto, and an iceman. I stupidly passed on iceman but did get the nightcrawler. He's a pretty kickass figure. His base is really what made him worthwhile. I also ended up getting Trenchcoat Cyclops for the sticks he comes with. I gave them to the (for some odd reason) weaponless Bullseye.

Then we have the X-Men Legends 2 figures. I call there "2" because they hav ethe first wave that only had the 5 figures and was canceled. However, those were pretty good figures. The Cyclops is a great representation of the Jim Lee stuff but the paint was terrible. Then there is the Archangel who is fantastic, excelp his wings will bend from the heavy rubber. And the New X-Men Wolverine is nice and the Tiger Stipe actually is the correct size Wolverine should be, but like the Legends one was at that point. But anyway, I have the Ultimate Magneto. He's pretty cool looking. I pulled that stupid cannon holster off his arm and it definately improves the figure. Now I just need to grab my movie Magneto from the other house and I can have an army of Magnetos vs an army of Dr Dooms.

14. AlphaPrime

AlphaPrime Neo Autobot Commander

The line thats out instead of a movie line rocks IMO, a white costume Storm, rerelease of Archangel*i wasn't able to get him the first go around* HoM Wolverine even though he's to tall hehe, an Angel that has better wings then the ML10 version, a couple of ok Beasts, Ninja and Stealth Wolverine's are good fodder by the looks of it. The redesign Magneto is cool looking, wave 3 will have 2 Ice Mans*616 and Ultimate* and a Bobby Drake, an X-Tream X-Men Rogue, Ultimate Nightcrawler and Sabretooth, an Aston Colossus i'd guess.

So i'd say more worth it then a movie line hehe.

15. rattrap007

rattrap007 Insert witty comment here TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I want all three Icemen..

The new line is pretty decent on some figures. Got Magneto and white storm. I already have an Archangel.. I want ALL of series 3 figures. Avalanche, Rouge, AoA Sabertooth, and 3 icemen = happy me.