So my wife finally sees the trailer...

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by kllrwlf, Jun 18, 2007.

1. kllrwlf

kllrwlf Well-Known Member

We're watching TV one night, and the Transformers trailers come on... here's the conversation.

Me: Shhhh, this is the Transformers trailer
    Wife: Why does all they all look garbled?
    Me: It's the new design
    Wife: Why does it remind me of Armageddon... it doesn't look that good (she hated Armageddon)
    Me: Uh... the director of Transformers did Armageddon.
    Wife: I'm sorry
    Me: <sigh>

I hope the movie is good because I'm watching it opening day. If it isn't, my wife is going to remind me over, and over again...

2. Dark_Convoy

Dark_Convoy Old Bastard Veteran

My wife says, "They people making this movie are taking it far too seriously."

3. Lord Madhammer

Lord Madhammer Just a simple man

News Credits:
    FWIW my wife thinks Transformers are ghey, and she was blown away by the trailers & TV spots. She thinks it's going to be huge.

4. Strikeback

Strikeback Drifting Away

I have 10 people going to the movie with me on the 4th. Three are hot chicks. So there... or... something.

5. Cory Bauer

Cory Bauer Well-Known Member

Get a new wife.

6. Trenner Dios

Trenner Dios Humility > Huge Ego

I agree. My future wife got excited about the movie just from my own over-excitement.

7. Tekfreak

Tekfreak Well-Known Member

i wouldnt say my future, wife, but my gf has gotten psyched from the clips and my overexcitement as well :) 

8. Maximus_Prime

Maximus_Prime Graphicon

News Credits:
    I got my gf excited about Transformers and I've been telling her the mythos of them over the past few months, oh and she LOVES Arcee as well. I have convinced her to go to the movie in some nice grey capris, pink shirt, pink nail and toe polish and pink high heels. She thinks its really cute but in reality she looks hot as hell:D 

9. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    People I know that I wouldn't have thought would "get it" (my parents, friends who weren't into TFs as kids) are all asking me about the movie. People are really getting psyched for this thing!

Tonight my father called me from a business trip in Atlanta... he said, "I'm standing in the toy aisle at a Target--you wouldn't believe all the stuff they have here! Do you need anything?" :lol 

After having him check for the Cullen variant Cyber Stompin Prime (no luck), I had to say no, there was nothing I needed. Come to think of it, I should have had him look for those blasted sleep pants!

10. QuantumShock

QuantumShock Stay for brunch ?

News Credits:
    A female course mate of mine came to my apartment 2 days ago, and she started fiddle with my movie toys, she was fascinated by them and she seemed to like Barricade more. She asked me to book early ticket as I invited her to watch with me. A sort of date ? Yes. :D 

11. Simian

Simian Biscuits and Gravy....???

News Credits:

You haven't showed her the back of your hand lately have you....? JUST KIDDING!!!!:lolol 

Anyhow my GF and her daughter are phsyched and she has already bought me more movie toys than I have bought...SWEET!!!!

12. Kickback

Kickback Proud father Administrator Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    Haven't talked to a girl yet who doesn't think it will be "a good movie". Some girls are excited for it (the one I'm kind of dating is excited for it), and others are like "I'm sure it'll be a good movie" but don't have the urge to go see it unless their male companions drag them along to it.

13. Paradigm-Shift Prime

Paradigm-Shift Prime Unit Warrior TFW2005 Supporter

lol, good story! My girlfriend is actually the one of us that LIKES mindless action movies. I like there to be meaning and symbolism etc. in a movie so I wonder which of us will come out of the theatre more happy...

14. ChldsPlay

ChldsPlay Well-Known Member

symbolism is lame.

15. Lateralus

Lateralus Well-Known Member

I have a girl going to see it with me just because she wants to be with me. Not to mention posting a bulletin on myspace seeing who wants to go got me 5 responses in 5 minutes...3 of which are girls...

Life is good...

Um...meaning and symbolism? Based of a children's toy line and children's show? Don't ask for too much buddy.

16. Incepticon

Incepticon Double Agent

News Credits:
    My girlfriend is excited that I'm getting a blockbuster live action TF movie and she's of course coming to the premier with me, but she doesn't like the designs at all since she thinks they all look like bugs. She's also fresh off watching all the G1 DVD boxsets & original movie several times each, so she doesn't have the luxury of a 15+ year gap between seeing old & new designs. I'll cut her some slack.

And save for a very small handful of friends who are excited to see some mindless blow-em-up action & robots, most of my friends still have no desire to see it. And not even because of the designs - because it's a Michael Bay film, and for some, because it has "that Shia kid" in it. Which royally sucks because these are the same people that line-up for stuff like Star Wars and pretty much any comic/toy to movie that's made. But for a plethora of reasons, some valid - some inane, they can't be convinced to go see TF in a theater.

I tell ya, it's a very hard pill to swallow when SW, Matrix, Daredevil, Fantastic Four, Ghost Rider, etc. geeks tell you that they, of all people, think stuff like TF is even too cheesy for them. I definitely feel like the odd man out lately.

17. Tekfreak

Tekfreak Well-Known Member

lets the history scrolls note one of few times a toy display at a guys house scores a date with a chick ;) 

im making my gf watch the 86 movie to get a good understanding of some of the charachters

18. Methusalen

Methusalen Not good enough for G1!

News Credits:
    My dad's called me up a couple times so far 'informing me' about things he's heard about that are Transformer related that he thinks I should know about (but already know!), like the Chevy TF game, the Mountain Dew game, etc...

Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up seeing the movie...

As for my wife, she's the one who bought herself a Bumblebee, and when she saw the Deluxe Arcee figure, her first words were "I'm gonna get that!". She was initially not very thrilled about it, but she's gotten to be as excited as I am for the upcoming movie!

And I've also got a group going with me to see the flick, although we're waiting until the 4th of July, since we've had this planned out for a few months now...

19. Wolf Boy

Wolf Boy Ghost of Impactor

I've been trying to sell my best friend on TFs for the last year and a half. She watched part of "More than Meets the Eye part 1", hated it, and never watched anymore TF.

Although when she saw the movie trailor, she commented, "I'm not a TF fan, but this movie could make me into one."

If she comes out of it loving TFs, it wont be the first time I've won her over. She hated Superman and the Chris Reeves movies, but I changed her mind about the Man of Steel when I forced her to watch Bruce Timm's 1996 "Superman: The Animated Series" (arguably the BEST incarnation of Superman), after which she watched the entire Justice League series and Batman: The Animated Series.

I have convinced her that Snake Eyes is the sexiest male hero ever and that GI Joe is worthwhile, but she is still skeptical about Transformers. See, she a movie MUST have sexy men for her to enjoy it, and Shia LeBouf is NOT sexy. Me, I've got Megan Fox so I don't care how dorky the dudes are. But she's as interested in Megan Fox as I am in Go-Bots. So there's a problem there.

20. Michael_Prime_2K7

Michael_Prime_2K7 The Crafty One

My wife has no objection about going to see the movie. Infact she wants to go on July 2nd.

I don't think I would discount her as a fan since she used to have almost all of them when she was kid.
    :)