so my plastic crack binge comes to an end (for now)

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by justinRODimus, Aug 6, 2008.

1. justinRODimus

justinRODimus Well-Known Member

because today i got leader bulkhead and now i have the original 5 autobots. i didn't plan on this because there are still many figs that i want, but i just don't think i can fit it in the budget. for some reason i have an obsession with completing teams (if that's what you'd call them). at the beginning i thought, "instead of everything, i'll just go dinobots. it's only 3 and will be satisfying and cheaper then ALL the autobots." i've been searching far and wide for a grimlock ever since it was released. i saw it once at a target the first day they came out in june, but i thought deep space starscream would be going away first as it was an exclusive so i got that instead and i have yet to ever see a grimlock again. since then i got bumblebee, then i needed ops and i hadn't planned on it, but ended up with ratchet and prowl all while searching for ONE toy: grimlock this is what i'm talking about with the obsession. i got bumblebee to satisfy until grimlock but then ended up with more and more . so today i got leader bulkhead and that was a wake-up call. i was at the register blowing almost 50 bucks on ONE toy that i didn't intend on getting in the first place. i also forgot to mention that i picked up snarl a while ago and now i want grimlock even more and soon i will find myself staring at swoop and snarl, lost without their leader. i made a smart decision in not buying jazz because then i'd want sentinel, then ultra magnus, then blurr and it would never end (even though i DO really want jazz. its just too dangerous to buy one elite guard). i have spent too much money this summer. the next toy i get WILL be grimlock if i have to go online and deal with scalpers. until then, my wallet is on lockdown.

thanks for listening, i just had to get that off my chest.

edit: my decepticons are also leaderless. i haven't seen leader megs in stores yet or blitzwing but my obsession mainly applies to autobots.

2. unicronsupreme

unicronsupreme supremest of unicrons

News Credits:
    Self Control is your friend!

3. zeroXII

zeroXII metallicon

News Credits:
    I feel your pain too. Initially, i said to myself, i just want those that looked appealing to me. Then the pictures started flooding the web, and i said, OK, lets just stick with the 'cons. It didn't take long before i saw Voyager Prime and caved. And slowly, but surely, i just started buying pretty much everything. The only figures i don't own now are the Elite Guard BB since i'm no fan of the BB mold, and Leader Bulkhead since i'm happy with the voyager. Now i'm just waiting for wave 5 and beyond.

It almost feels like a sickness, an addiction worse than my smoking habits (albeit a good one). Thank god i at least have a job, or i have no idea how i can go on with this.

4. Wingsbr

Wingsbr Christian TF Fan :)

News Credits:
    Plastic crack can be fun, but it can also go too far. I am fortunate to be a manager with a really good company or else I would be in your shoes...

If you really want a grimlock, my area has tons of them and I will ship to you for cost plus shipping. PM me and let me know.

5. Omega Charge

Omega Charge Prepare for trouble...

News Credits:
    hehe, good luck, i know what it feels like.

And i got Leader Megatron and Grimlock yesterday. They are so totally win.