So my friend thinks Armada is better than Beast Wars

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by OOSnake, Feb 25, 2012.

1. OOSnake

OOSnake Well-Known Member

How do I convince him to the error of his ways? : P

Quote: 'You must never have watched Armada then, the constantly shifting plot, the changing of sides, even Starscream joined the Autobots for a while to try and take down Megatron, and god knows what Sideways was, that guy was on noone's side. It is vastly greater than your CGI animals.'

He must never have watched Beast Wars then. I mean he did, but when he was a kid. So I linked him to the finale of season 2 and asked him if Armada ever had a cliffhanger as awesome as that.

Anybody have any other suggestions for convincing him that BW is better than armada? (Becuase it so is!)

2. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You don't convince him. Your friend is entitled to his opinion as much as you are yours.

3. Megabattimus

Megabattimus Same As It Ever Was

News Credits:
    Why can't you just let him enjoy Armada?

4. mrgalvaprime

mrgalvaprime #BanTJ

News Credits:
    Armada is as good/awesome as beast wars (Beast wars may have had overall better storytelling but armada, at least in my eyes, had beter animation overall)

5. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Airachnid's ratservant

News Credits:
    Because as an elitist fanboy, it's vastly prohibited.

6. mrgalvaprime

mrgalvaprime #BanTJ

News Credits:
    :lolol 

7. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    It was called Cramp and it was the finest Starscream centric episode ever until TF Prime rolled around.

8. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Airachnid's ratservant

News Credits:
    You're not the friend, are you?

9. Chris McFeely

Chris McFeely Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    What interests me about your friend's response is that all his points are entirely confined to the second half of the Armada cartoon, when it actually grew a plot and some stories that were legitimately good. What he is saying is not wrong - Starscream's arc and the mystery of Sideways are, indeed, the best bits of Armada, and deserve a LOT more recognition than they get. They reason WHY they don't get that recognition? Because you have to plough through twenty-six episodes of *crap* - longer than some entire SHOWS have lasted - before you get to the part of the show that's truly worth your time, and even then, those plots are mixed in with stuff that isn't nearly as good, to their definite detriment (plus how the bad dubbing obfuscated several of their plot points). Although Beast Wars is held up for its second season in particular, when the writing became super-tight, things were moving toward one goal and the G1 references kicked in in force, it was engaging and well-written from the outset.

Nooooooooo. Armada had some FLEETING MOMENTS of really, really good animation. OVERALL, it far, FAR below the baseline standard for kids' TV anime. I mean, if you want to say you prefer cel animation to CGI, sure, I'm with you - I'll always go for cel over CGI - but Armada is one of the worst examples you'll find in Transformers. It had visible, frequent animation errors that were as bad as any in the G1 cartoon, except it was produced at a time when *that's just not acceptable*, to say nothing of the near-consistently off-model appearances and out right BAD DRAWINGS of virtually all the characters, which even G1 did not suffer from on the same level. Cel-animated Transformer cartoons have never looked as BAD as they did with Armada.

10. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    He's entitled to his opinion. We don't all need to like the same thing, world would be pretty dull if we all did!

11. LegendAntihero

LegendAntihero Banned

Maybe your friend is an otaku and like all otakus, he thinks all anime are better than any other kind of tv show.

12. TheDemonDzko

TheDemonDzko °-{[●□●]}-° {Beep. Boop.)

So? Who the fuck cares. Opinions are opinions, you are meant to have them.

13. mrdecepticon

mrdecepticon Decepticon Leader

Opinions are the right of all sentient beings.

But seriously people are entitled to their opinion,while I agree that Armada is awful and Beast Wars is far superior there will always be people with a different opinion.

Nothing with that though.

14. Mako Crab

Mako Crab Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    +1

TF: Aramada, episode 21: DECISIVE BATTLE
    The animation in this episode represents the absolute bottom of the barrel in terms of Armada. Nothing is finished. There's missing body parts, missing frames, re-used animation that doesn't synch up with anything, a black dot with wings standing in for Starscream, tons of the special effects on the lasers are just black, and so much more. I remember this one scene in particular where Blurr transforms and drives towards the screen. It was literally 1 frame of animation. One frame showed Blurr in mid-transformation, and then while still in mid-transformation, he just came flying right at the screen. Like the camera zoomed in on the frame. It was horrid. And it's but one example out of the entire episode.

Now, as to the OP's topic, I do love me some Beast Wars. And I'm not fond of Armada in the least. But if that's what your friend likes, then let him have his fun. :) 

15. D-Unit

D-Unit #1 Heel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This. I don't mean to sound like a dick, but I don' know why so many people on here have a problem with others liking what they do.

16. Scaleface

Scaleface Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Your friend is obviously crazy. Clamp him in irons and make him watch more Beast Wars.

17. OOSnake

OOSnake Well-Known Member

I'm not saying he's not entitled to his opinion, I'm trying to convince him that Beast Wars is better, change his mind. I had originally said to him 'this is just something we're going to disagree on' but he began saying Armada was better, so I thought I'd try and convince him the opposite.

18. jordy

jordy Banned

News Credits:
    Actually I disagree with that statement, Beasts wars stayed constant with it's story line, yes you always have 1 or 2 side changers in the series hell it happened in G1 with Blitzwing and Octane! But Armada had a better story line and development of character, it gave them a reason to be with Prime and a reason as to how Unicron was created, the animation in parts was brilliant as well plus it did have it's bad moments. I felt it was trying to bring the standard of story telling back into animation with a generation almost being brought up on spongebob as Nickelodeon had killed with dumb ass shows. Yes it incorporated the gimmicks and the first episodes were childish but hey that was all about establishing the characters, after that they made the series kick arse and put so much story telling into that no other series had. My personal favorite episodes was "Mortal Kombat" as that battle scene was brilliant, Galvatron even sacrificing himself for the good of the army and cybertronian race! Plus who didn't cry when Star Scream sacrificed himself for the Decepticon cause? The only thing that came close to that episode was Dinobot dying in battle but then being brought back as dinobot tm.

Over all I have to agree with him, same voice actors but the story telling was a crap load better then Beast Wars.

19. bumblebot98

bumblebot98 Banned

News Credits:
    Your friend is stupid, please give him a slap for the community.

20. Easterling Capt

Easterling Capt I am Vern Schillinger

Ebay:
    If that is what he tinks then let him. I think G1 is the greatest of all and I really dont care what ppl say about it or how hard they beat it. to me there is nothing better. Perhapps your friend is thinking the same for Armada.