So my daughter starts school next year..

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 46+2, Mar 10, 2011.

1. 46+2

46+2 Well-Known Member

So after 5 years of no babysitters, no pawning off to the in-laws and spending every possible moment with my kids, I finally have to let go of my child and send her off to school. This is proving to be more difficult than i thought. My kid is extremely excited but I'm going on sleepless nights here. Is this "normal" ???????????

Anyone else been here?

2. Wajo357

Wajo357 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    my kids are only 3 and 1 and I already fear for the day they start school. And Toy Story 3 didn't help either - I did NOT like that movie...

3. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot Arise Rodimus Prime

News Credits:
    Starting school at 5?! I started at 3. Eh, I don't have kids, but if I did I think I would love the thought of pawing them off onto someone else for the day. The only thing that would worry me is them bringing home all types of diseases and stuff. Schools are like the breeding grounds for new and undiscovered bacterias since they can't use bleach to clean the desks and gyms any more. ICK! PLAGUE!

4. SCPrime

SCPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's normal, especially when it's your first time being away from your kid for an extended number of hours. But after a few days you'll get use to it and actually enjoy the time to yourself. You're lucky your kid doesn't have separation anxiety. That's more tough to deal with than you having the anxiety.

Edit: I remember though it's more than just separation anxiety. It's worrying about how your kid will do on her own without you there. I bet that's what keeping you up at night more than the separation. But when she comes home after her first day of school and you see how well she did in school and how she made new friends you will feel more at ease.

5. Scorpion

Scorpion Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My son went to preschool from the time he was 4, BUT his preschool was only 2 hours a day. He's in kindergarten now and it was reeeeeeeaaaaaalllllly hard. I've been his primary parent since he was 2 (my wife brings home the bacon). The first few days were hard, but you get used to it and even start to enjoy not dealing with the bs that kids bring for a few hours.

6. CURAMEN

CURAMEN LOS ANGELES COLLECTIVE

News Credits:
    I love spending time with my daughters, who are now 2 1/2 years old and 6 months, but unfortunately my wife and I both work full-time jobs and have become accustomed to being apart from our children while our parents take care of them on weekdays.

Luckily, my wife and I are both off on the weekends and that's our time to enjoy being with our daughters, but I wish we had more.

I could only imagine how difficult that must feel for you, or anyone else going through this, to all of a sudden have to change it up and be apart from them.

One way to look at it...

Your child will be in a learning environment where she will be interacting with other children her own age and most importantly, learning how to become independent and her own person.

You went through it... I went through it... We all go through it.

It's a part of life, but once again... I can only imagine the difficulty you are going through.

Besides, now you can have some personal time for yourself while she is at school and everybody needs their own time alone every now and then.

Good luck to you. :thumb 

7. omega145

omega145 Autobot

Ebay:
    Yea its normal, my daughter is only 3 but I just started putting her in day care which was a little difficult at first but she enjoys spending time with other children. Your daughter going to school will only help her develop so think of it as a good thing.

8. Jadryx

Jadryx Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I know my wife will have a difficult time when my daughter starts going to kindergarten this fall. Currently my daughter (my oldest of 2 girls - ages 4 and 2) goes to preschool twice a week but that's only for a few hours. Other than that both her and her sister are with my wife almost all the time. I know that it will be tough for my wife but she'll enjoy the time she gets to spend one-on-one with our 2 year old. I think the 2 year old will have a tough time too since her and her sister are pretty much best friends.

9. MetalRyde

MetalRyde is an a-hole with a heart.

i guess its time to stock up on sanitizers.

10. AutoBobby

AutoBobby The Collector

It is hard that first day for the kids and the parents,but after that it gets a lot easier.

The worst part about school is that they always seem to be getting sick.My kids can go the whole summer without getting sick,but usually after the first week of school they'll both have colds.This cycle keeps repeating itself until June.

11. ArmadaJetfire

ArmadaJetfire <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and

First time you send them to school its hard to let them go, but after a while, that school bus cant come FAST enough to get them! :lol 

12. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

That first day is pretty rough, you'll probably cry. They grow so fast.

It get's alot easier though and they become more fun. It's the teenage years Im fearing the most.