So much Transformer Goodness.

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by thenatureboywoo, Jan 22, 2010.

1. thenatureboywoo

thenatureboywoo Veteran

News Credits:
    I am so excited for all these releases that seem to be hitting simultaniously. HA Barricade, TRU Arcee and Ratchet, Nest figures, etc.,. Do you guys get a little anxious that you won't be able to pick them all up? I know I do even though we will see most of these suckers shelfwarming in 2 months. Is it the fact that we get so excited about them being sighted?

2. SirToys

SirToys OS Multicolor KO

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    YouTube:
    Are they going to be the last figures in their respective series? Last figures in a series seem to be made less, and end up being harder to get.

3. knoted

knoted Resistor Transistor

News Credits:
    More goodness, but less money :( 

4. gargunkle

gargunkle someone

Heck I'm worried I will never find a Bludgeon at retail.

Not much else I really want lately.

5. spikex

spikex Nightbird is my bitch

I get anxious about certain figures. For example MP skywarp. He's one I really want to get before he disappears, but then I stop and think about all the accessories I need to get to finish my original goal of completing the g1's that I have. With that thought, I return to my focus of sifting through sales thread to find parts and then all is well once again. I know my wallet will get itchy again the next time I see him tho.

6. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I am worried alot because of the TFA figs being TRU exclusives. My nearest TRU is 30 miles away and I don't get to go that way at all anymore.
    so i am hoping to snag those online.

I am happy for all the goodness, i am just having to balance wants and needs.

7. Seawing

Seawing Lurker of the depths Moderator

News Credits:
    Less of them aren't made, Hasbro makes the same number of figures throughout the line's entire run. It would actually be more expensive if they made fewer figures. It is just Hasbro ends up shipping all of the extras to the international markets.

As to the thread topic, I don't really get too anxious about not getting the figures because I'll find them eventually...

8. Haloid1177

Haloid1177 Hey, That's Pretty Good TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I don't get anxious because I know if I can't find them, I'll get them online. It does bug me when I miss the figures I am looking for, though.

9. Optimus Vader

Optimus Vader Banned

I get excited about some stuff that's coming out, but I think if you're a grown-a$$ man and you're getting worried about not being able to find a toy then you should have $ex.

10. thenatureboywoo

thenatureboywoo Veteran

News Credits:
    tell that to my wife :( 

11. Optimus Vader

Optimus Vader Banned

LOL

12. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I got nailed by all the Japansese stuff that hit around the end of the year... MP-08x King Grimlock, Lawson's Exclusive Desert Mudflap & Desert Skids, Leader Class Buster Prime & Jetfire box set, Amazon Japan Black Prime, black Soundwave... so I've been taking a bit of a break here in January.

No interest in the Animated stuff, but I won't pass up HA Barricade when I see him.

13. ORIO

ORIO Plant-Based Bot Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah I get that way. I just need more money to accomodate the older figs on my want list.

Looking forward to the next retail sighting to be Leader Screamer or scout Brakedown.

14. Ethereal

Ethereal A Sad Flareon

I'm trying to both keep track of what I purchase this year in toys and impose a monetary limit per month so that barring any fantastic deals (something like the $5 Purplewaves deal), I can keep myself in the green :) .

When fifty things hit that I want though, it makes me hate this time when everything shows up on the shelves. I'm REALLY resisting the urge to go TF hunting until February :p 

15. Dormamu

Dormamu I am Broot.

News Credits:
    I was just having this same conversation this morning with a fellow board member. It's hard being a plastic crack pimp. Just gotta hope that the right things fall within the right pay days.

16. thenatureboywoo

thenatureboywoo Veteran

News Credits:
    I personally put up a "$50 per toy" limit so I don't go crazy with online shopping. I was so happy when I finally found that the one MP Skywarp at my local Walmart had, was marked down to $47 a day ago. My wife picked it up today. So that is my pickup for the next few weeks. I could probably found it for less than that if i search, but I'll waste that money saved in gas. On normal weeks though I like to keep it to a deluxe a week, and splurge every once in a while for a voyager. And then get Leaders for Birthdays and Christmas. This MP Skywarp is technically a Valentines Day gift.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2010
  17. Optimus Vader

Optimus Vader Banned

You know what might excite me more than actually owning a toy I want? The hunt. I don't go far, but on my way home from work I pass (I call this "my route") 2 Walmarts, 2 Targets, 2 Marshalls, and 2 TRUs. I look forward to approaching the toy aisle just to see what they have. When I find one I've been having a hard time finding I grab it like I need it to survive, but then I get home and put it on my shelf in my grown a$$ man playroom for about two weeks until I get sick of seeing the same thing and then it goes into a Rubbermaid bin with the rest of my stash.

18. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Indeed. And the fact that I don't like walking away empty-handed has resulted in having a lot more RPMs than I ever imagined I would. :lol