So much speculation..too much...

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Simian, Apr 23, 2007.

1. nuopus

nuopus Well-Known Member

I hope for a midnight showing with some friends. My kids want to see it, but it will be midnight showing, so I will just see it again with my kids the next day. They can't wait either.

2. Tript

Tript Well-Known Member

Here's my plan. I took the week off to I can by my ticket for the midnight showing on Tuesday night early. See it Tuesday night and try to sleep. Watch it again Wednesday afternoon so I can obsorbe it without the euphoria. Then I'm going again on Thursday to watch it with my girlfriend because she talks during movies and i can't stand that , but at least i got to see it twice before going with her :p 

3. nuopus

nuopus Well-Known Member

LOL im probably going to see it midnight with friends, next day with sons, and next day after with other friends that are too lazy to come out midnight.

4. Zombiedude

Zombiedude Junkion Warrior

I love the new charcter designs.. I like the new complicated look for them.. It makes them fit into the real world. If you had everything exactly like G1..like so many people are complaining about it would look bad against real back drops and humans...and for the voiceing..it doesnt matter if its the same people you want doing the voice. As long as they sound like they should it dosent matter..

would you rather it look like this?

and enough with the monkey comments..starscream is my favorite

5. nuopus

nuopus Well-Known Member

I thought that looked too stupid and cartoony from the beginning. That was around before we saw the renders of the new optimus, and I was told that it would look like that. The first thing that came to mind is .. "OMG They are going about it wrong ... it will tank!"

Like I said before, public perception of Transformers is no different than public perception of Star Trek. Trekkies are nerdy types that people make fun of .... and to the GENERAL PUBLIC, we are no different. Kids excluded of course. Using something thought of as nerdy or childlike (toys) never do good.

What bay did ... reformat the design to look more mature and "cool", will hopefully change public perception. I am already seeing that happen at the school I work at.

6. JusticeSabre

JusticeSabre FLUKE the SYSTEM.

Ebay:
  7. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Speak for yourself. I personally like the designs the way they are.

8. Hobbes-timus Prime

Hobbes-timus Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The link you posted is just as cartoony a robot as the link you were responding to, so I don't understand the difference.

9. Simian

Simian Biscuits and Gravy....???

News Credits:
    Yeah...we wouldn't get a summer blockbuster with this...nor would we get any sequals...Come on man you can't be serious this is Cracker Jack...Move forward bro...The new designs are what the Transformers should have been...The technology has just now caught up to them to do it right.....:horse: 

10. turk128

turk128 Well-Known Member

Not to mention the fact that I have yet seen a good live adaptation of any anime come out of Japan. Heck, most of the time, their idea of adaptation end up being some trippy social commentary that makes little to no sense in the end or low budget Power Ranger level stuff.

Japanese live action adaptations are on par with Robojox; B-movie material that's so bad I can't help but be entertained because I was raised on Skinemax and late night cinema.

11. nuopus

nuopus Well-Known Member

Yeah ... lets keep this movie in the realm of the "kid toy". *sigh* Personally, I LOVE these designs ... not some Hasbro commercial on the big screen. You want to see toddler toys move? Go to toys r' us.

12. redsquadron

redsquadron Token idiot...

You acknowledge change is needed, but only if it's acceptable to you?

13. nuopus

nuopus Well-Known Member

Its quite funny the way that works. Lots of ranters understand they need to change things, but only if its under their terms. Some say they need to be more recognizable. More recognizable to them? They somehow think that the movie should be made for THEM, and if it is not, it is total crap, like Hasbro or the movie developers owe them something. THEY OWE US NOTHING.

These Transformers need to change to get rid of the image of purely a kids toy, or objects that are playthings for nerds and geeks everywhere. Lots of these rabid fan boys need to get over themselves and realize that this thing needs to not be produced for THEM, it needs to be produced for EVERYONE.

14. Simian

Simian Biscuits and Gravy....???

News Credits:

I'm just thankfull that my all time favorite childhood pastime has succeeded on it's rite of passage to the big screen to be enjoyed not only by us fans, but by all...Now everyone will know what I've been saying all these years...Transformers 'effin' Rule!!!!!!....

So if your gonna whine about this and that...you are no more than a blasphemer!!

Go to bed you night owls.....hoot....hoot...!!:D 

15. nuopus

nuopus Well-Known Member

Yes, Transformers to 'effin rule! I am so glad they completely changed it around for the general population. It is something they needed to do for a while now. Everything about this movie rocks ... I sooo cannot wait!