so much for spending less $$ on comics

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by Superman_Alpha, Feb 28, 2006.

1. Superman_Alpha

Superman_Alpha TF: Animated FTW!!!

I just blew $150 on trades off of eBay.

Invincible #1-5
    The Losers #1-4
    100 Bullets #1-8
    Captain America (new series) TP #1

Read a lot of these online & liked what I saw, and with most of these being 40% off with free shipping I figured WTH, this was a great way of blowing part of my tax refund.

Also got subscriptions to Batman & Detective Comics from DC's site. I'll probably grab Superman & Action Comics too, especially with the rumor that Richard Donner will be co-writing Action with Geoff Johns.

2. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Veteran

Richard Donner? Superman? The guy needs to forget that crap and do the Goonies sequel everyone wants to see remade. It will be the cinematic event of the millennium.

3. Superman_Alpha

I love the Goonies, but calling Superman crap? ESPECIALLY Richard Donner's Superman? Them's fightin' word son.

:p 

4. Chrono Grimlock

Chrono Grimlock Buttstuff Werewolf

News Credits:
    BABY RUUTH!!!11 Ah, man I miss the 80's.

Anywho, I've been thinking about picking up some Invincible myself; I hear nothing but good things.

5. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Veteran

I agree. I can't wait to see his re-cut of Superman 2! Zod for the win!

6. Superman_Alpha

Yeah, I'm buying that huge set this Christmas too. and the Planet of the Apes megaset this summer. It's such a great time to be a geek. :D 

After I saw the preview of Superman #650 on Newsarama last night, I went ahead & ordered my subscriptions to: Superman, Action Comics, Brad Meltzer's new JLA and Checkmate. Even tho the cover prices have gone up, the monthly subs are still only $23.95 for 12 issues. That's 1/3 off the cover price.

I'm iffy on Checkmate. Rucka is hit or miss with me, but if it's like his old spy comic from Oni, it should be good. The constant mentions of Suicide Squad being in the book sealed the deal.

I'm done spending money now. Really.

Thank god today's payday.

7. Spider Striker

Spider Striker ThisGuyWithTheYellowCap

I hear ya. I'm trying to spend less in general, but that X-23/NYX hardcover was calling to me. I couldn't ignore it. :( 

Good read though. :)