So Megatron has an Earth mode in DOTM....

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Roadtrack, Feb 13, 2011.

1. Roadtrack

Roadtrack Well-Known Member

OK, in TF1 he was a Cybertronian jet, then in ROTF was a Cybertronian tank. But now, he is a tanker truck taken out from Mad Max. I don't understand why. Over the last 2 movies it had let the impression that Megs consideres Earth alt modes as something below him. And especially that Megatron doesn't want to hide, he wants to be seen.

2. Starscreamer95

Starscreamer95 'Civil' Nintendo Fanboy

News Credits:
    Well if what fan's speculate is true, he; A, does it to hide from Shockwave as well as the Autobots. Or B, hide in general - Bay mentioned him hiding in Africa. Or C, he liked Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood and wanted a cape/cloak.

3. LightningZERO

LightningZERO The Alternity

News Credits:
    With half of his face blown off and all Autobots and human looking for him, he definitely wants to hide himself

4. Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname Pico, let's go up to Zuma

News Credits:
    Movie 1:
    Megatron chased the Allspark to Earth, crashed and froze. Thawed out and chased the Allspark some more, died.
    Not much time to grab an alt mode there.

Movie 2:
    Megatron revived, chased Sam/Allspark/Matrix/Sun Harvester, had face blown off by Optimus, lost teacher.
    Again, not much time to grab an alt mode there.

Movie 3:
    Well, we haven't seen it yet, have we. It's not at all fair to cry "inconsistent" when it hasn't had a chance to explain itself...
    Anyway, Megs now has had a few years to grab an Earthen alt mode. Not that I'd call a Mad Max-esque truck an inconspicuous disguise, but Megs HAS had the time to get it.

5. ArmadaJetPrime

ArmadaJetPrime Hooked on Energon!

Well it could be a desguise to travel abroud without everyone going "Look! It's that MegaJerk!" Knowing him he dosn't wanna waste time and just wants to get close to Optimus to get revenge. That and I think he looks more G1ish in body shape which is maybe what Bay wanted too. And he looks a little more equall as Optimus arch enemy.

6. daformer

daformer Earth's Reckoning

News Credits:
    at least a good earth or cybertronian mode(preferbly cybertronian) will do...and for godsakes please bay or someone get rid of that cape!!

7. Cliff_prime

Cliff_prime Banned

In the final battle I think he take off the cape its only the first part of the movie where he wears the cape, don't bash the cape its looks great.

8. rich_prime

rich_prime Banned

News Credits:
    This

9. Murasame

Murasame CHIMICHANGAS

News Credits:
    So much for spoiler tags :lol 

10. Orbital

Orbital Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Pretty much nailed it. But I'm sure a real world reason would also be that, while the first film had so much pressure to make the characters close to their original counter parts, it seems, most people have stopped putting ridiculous expectations on Bay's films, knowing, he won't listen, so he's got a lot more freedom, and a lot less death threats than before when it comes to portraying the characters completely differently than they were in the G1 cartoon.

11. PredaconX

PredaconX Decepticon Combiner

I def think the new tanker look is so he can hide and not be spotted whether from Shockwave or from the Autobots.

I really think the cape looks awesome and i dunno why so many people are knocking it, he got half his face blown off in ROTF, of course hes gonna try and hide it.

Correct me if im wrong but In the first film he was a Cybertronian Jet and in ROTF he was a Cybertronian Jet (when he flys off world to speak to the Fallen) and a Cybertronian Tank while on earth. So i would say one of those was a alt-mode in ROTF.

12. ThinkTank Customs

ThinkTank Customs TFW2005-Citizen

News Credits:
    i think he'll get this alt in africa, he left the pyramids with starscream, but who has said h has leaved earth like in the rotf-game? nobody! he was wounded so maybe there where no energy for him to do interstellar jouneys.

and african peaople are very cleverin building unique vehicles from trash (same in brazil and other non-rich-contrys), so this altmode and the cape is possible

13. Fonecrusher

Fonecrusher Megatron wants YOU

I definitely love his new alt mode, it's very symbolic of his connection with Optimus: Both charismatic, strong leaders who chose different paths, one representing the darkness and the other the light.

Overall I'm getting a much more sinister and cunning feel to Megatron this time around, he's probably been humbled by the events of ROTF and now realises that Earth is no push over. So he waits and bides his time, lurking in the jungle plotting his revenge (again) until that opportune time to strike comes.

14. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I haven't read all the books, comic books, or listened to the DVD commentary but wasn't it more fan speculation that Megatron wouldn't take an Earth because he hated Earth rather than something official from the production crew?

Perhaps the production team is reacting to the criticism that the Cybertronian vehicle modes are rather lazy when compared to all it takes to say make Prime into an Earth truck. Maybe they wanted to show that they can do something more complex for Megatron.

Plus you have to admit that visually it will be way more appealing to have Megatron hiding out in the open somewhere in Africa than it would be to have Megatron hiding in a cave or some other visually bland place.

15. Sideways77

Sideways77 its movie time here come the manbabies

News Credits:
    A tanker truck beats a giant gun....

16. Fonecrusher

Fonecrusher Megatron wants YOU

I'm pretty sure it was said by somebody official, though I forget who. I think it was in one of the interviews for the original movie. Megatron is so arrogant he refuses to take a Earth alt mode because he views this planet and everything on it as "inferior" or something along the lines of that.

17. FanimusMaximus

FanimusMaximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well that's what happends when you get killed, brought back to life, get your butt kicked, kill the guy who was kicking you're butt, and get your face shot off and your arm cut off by the guy you killed less than a day ago....If it were me I would be wearing a cape too.

18. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    Africa?

Wait, then we might get to see . . . JUNGLE-BONECRUSHER!?

BOOYA!!

19. Lurkertron

Lurkertron Rockerbot

Megatron's best alt mode (and bot mode) in these movies by some distance.

20. ThinkTank Customs

ThinkTank Customs TFW2005-Citizen

News Credits:
    all is possible in the bay...ehrrr.. movieverse... :)