So... MechTech...

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Sideways77, Sep 27, 2012.

?

MechTech...

1. I love MechTech!

3.3%
  2. Dear god, I HATE MECHTECH!

36.2%
  3. Some are good, some are awful

57.9%
  4. I don't/didn't buy DoTM or Prime RiD figures.

2.6%
  1. Sideways77

Sideways77 oh shoogah

News Credits:
    Do you like MechTech? It has been a running gimmick since the DoTM line, and I wanted others's opinions on it.

I thought the DoTM Voyager's weapons were great. Skyhammer's, Megatron's, Sentinel's, they were all great. But in the TFP line, they really downgraded the weapons. Severely.

So what do you think?

2. Primeinator

Primeinator Cyberverse/Legends lover

I think the regular weapons are better than MechTech, but I still liked it. But the Prime voyager weapons... ugh

3. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    I find them pointless, I prefer the normal weapons instead.

DOTM was a mixed, deluxe weapons sucked while the voyagers somewhat good as they could lock in place. With TFP, they mainly suck.

I don't see how kids can like them. Try having a battle and the guns won't even lock into place with them.

4. LegendAntihero

LegendAntihero Banned

This^

5. CodeXCDM

CodeXCDM Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Varies. Some are really good... like Ratchet's Chainsaw, Roadbusters Saw/Gun, the retool into Vortex's Glue gun, Sideswipes Blade/Blaster... but others are oversized and needlessly bulky.

6. Leemaster777

Leemaster777 Junkion

Ebay:
    Double this^

7. The Bucket Kitten

The Bucket Kitten Meow... TFW2005 Supporter

I like most of the DOTM Mech-tech weapons. Out of all of the ones I own, Ironhide's Mech-tech was the only one I hated (course my was a dud, so that might be affecting my score for it)

With the exception of Megatron's and Ultra Magnes', the Mech-tech from Prime aren't that good, unless you modify them.

8. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It was a dumb gimmick, yet it puts PRID voyager weapons to shame, which is kind of sad. On the PRID toys they make no effort to cover up the peg holes and some of the weapons don't even look like anything when they're folded up. What the hell is the point?

Just give me solid non gimmicky weapons that the Generations toys have, please.

9. Kylehudson14

Kylehudson14 On when I'm on

They had there gems. The newer 2013 generations have weapons that look like mech tech, but arent. I just think thats cool :D 

10. eagc7

eagc7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    Love them

11. TheMrmaster21

TheMrmaster21 I will swallow your soul.

I like them when they can't lock, but when they go back into their original place, they still look like something. For example, DOTM Soundwave. That MechTech was cool. There are some exceptions in the Prime line where the MechTechs are really fun like Bulkhead's or Dreadwing's in my opinion.

12. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    hate them and don't buy the figures because of the dollar store grade plastic and quality

13. JetFormers

JetFormers « Ultima Ratio Hecate »

News Credits:
    Sorry if I come offensive or anything, but I just think the whole gimmick is crap...Like even Armada with the minicons was better so was the Cyber keys from Cybertron/Galaxy Force was much much better executed. I don't see how a light up gun that looks like giant stick would appeal to kids, some mech-techs are fine, but the Prime line sucks if your going to base a gimmick on a previous line you either make it 10x better or just don't do it all, and do some thing different..Like 1st edition toys never needed this mech-tech gimmick crap......Rant over is now :D 

14. Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname Pico, let's go up to Zuma

News Credits:
    DotM Shockwave's is pretty rad, but other than that they are terrible. The concept behind Megatron and the green Air Raid's is neat --part of the vehicle turns into a weapon-- but neither of their arms could really support their plastic-heavy weapons.
    I don't even bother with the DotM Deluxe or Prime Voyager weapons; no proper place in alt mode, no locking mechanisms, would've been a lot cooler without the gimmick.

15. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Rattrap Teabag

News Credits:
    Some of the DoTM ones are alright but the Prime ones are terrible. The least obtrusive one (IMO) is Megatron's.

16. FakeEyes22

FakeEyes22 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Not a big fan of the RID Voyager Mechtechs. The big battery box really kills it as much as the spring action. And the tiny red light doesn't really travel through the figures and light them up, which seems to be the intent, so it's kind of a waste.

17. scoobsterinc

scoobsterinc Scoobs

News Credits:
    There ok but it would be better if they locked into place

18. indie

indie Guns! More guns!

Mosf of the mechtechs looks decent in the hands of bigger bots than the ones they came with. Ratchet's minigun/saw thin is excellent for Voyager Ratchet mold (or for Leader Starscream who needs his saw), and Skyhammer's gun makes a decent blaster for either of Leader Optimus or Sentinel. Laserbeak's mechtech guns are just plain awesome in the hands of Voyager Skyhammer.

Some of them are not bad on their own of course, like Roadbuster's saw/blaster (which suits dlx Ratchet just as good), or like Jolt's nice blaster/cannon (thoughit looks awful on Jolt, so i gave it to my spare Crankcase stand in for Crowbar.

But i never heard good things about Prime mechtechs.

19. geekacres

geekacres Well-Known Member

Most are crap, especially the deluxes that won't lock. That said, there have been some goodies along the way.

20. Cracka J

Cracka J TURD PARTY DUMPSTERPIECE TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    taking the springs out on most makes them a lot more enjoyable. I've removed the springs from all my prime voyagers now, most of the guns aren't bad if you can just leave them in the exposed gun mode instead of the recoil mode that look like bricks.