So looks like Shockwave.... (SPOILERS)

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Fonecrusher, May 6, 2011.

1. Fonecrusher

Fonecrusher Megatron wants YOU

Is the new Starscream? ie. He really will just be Megatron's right hand man as opposed to this cunning and treacherous main villian we initially thought in DOTM. What's your thoughts knowing he's no longer the main bad guy?

Personally I'm slightly disappointed I was looking forward to the master of logic taking control of the Decepticons and systematically destroying the Autobots and devastating Chicago, but I'm equally pleased about the Sentinel Prime plot twist. I guess as long as Shockwave gets some decent screen time, a good voice actor and puts up a fight against Optimus, not getting owned of Fallen porportions, I will be happy with his role.

2. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    Nothing we've heard matches him up with Megatron at all really.

3. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    Shockwave may no longer be the main villain, but can we confirm that he'll be little more than a right hand man?

4. Chris B

Chris B Well-Known Member

Quite a bit. I was really hoping that we'd see him with his comics persona overthrowing Megatron.

Maybe he'll have a bigger role than it seems, but right now, I'm kind of thinking they should of held off on him.

5. BB Shockwave

BB Shockwave Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    As someone put it, he seems to be the new Grievous. We have this great-looking menacing character who has been incredibly cool in comics/cartoons, and then...he does nothing, is ineffective, has no real effect on the plot, and gets killed off in an undignified way.

Yeah, I am pissed.

6. transformervic1

transformervic1 HI!

News Credits:
    this.

7. Suchus Prime

Suchus Prime Well-Known Member

Doesn't he plan the invasion on earth? Or leads it? That has something too do with the plot.

8. Phil

Phil Well-Known Member

Well since this thread is labelled with spoilers, I'm just gonna say it. He doesn't plan or lead the invasion, Sentinel Prime does.

9. cnic

cnic Decepticon

When I first read that I was just in so much disbelief....then I thought about how cool it will be to see this on the big screen!

10. AutobotSkids

AutobotSkids G1/Bay Lover

Well Damnit. I was looking forward to Shockwave, truly I was. But now... *Sigh* But ya know what? Maybe he'll wind up being cooler than he sounds and please us all with his perfomance? I honestly don't think a fan like Ehren Krueger would screw up such a well loved character like Shockwave.

11. Surge

Surge Village Dolt

News Credits:
    G1 series Shockwave, comic Shockwave, doesn't matter. He's my second favorite Decepticon so it doesn't really bother me.

12. citoria

citoria Lord Dragon Master

What your missing is we were all fooled into thinking Shcokwave was the main villian. The focus returns on Megatron. With no one to challenge the leader of the decepticons!!!

13. Yaujta

Yaujta Not a Bear TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    But then again, there were MANY missing panels in the spoiler comic on Yahoo. Who knows what he does in those? Maybe he does affect the plot a bit more. After all, doesn't he beat Prime to the point of near death?

14. Starscreamer69

Starscreamer69 Well-Known Member

If I recall correctly, in one panel Wheeljack was saying how they weren't strong enough to defeat him by themselves, and mentioned his prototypes. So even if he isn't the main villian, at least he's strong and will hopefully do some damage of some sorts?

15. BB Shockwave

BB Shockwave Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Nope. He just rides giant mechanical sandworm hydras.

Darnit Bay, why sandworm hydras? I wanted to see Trypticon lay waste to a city.

And although I like the sudden plot twist, the whole Sentinel Prime thing... it's like as if in a Batman movie, Commissioner Gordon turned out to be the mastermind behind the costumed villains attacking Gotham.

16. cnic

cnic Decepticon

That about sums up how I felt when I heard that news lol.

17. daformer

daformer Earth's Reckoning

News Credits:
    why what did the comic show about shockwave?

18. Doug

Doug Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm starting to wonder will Shockwave speak in the film.

First they said Corey Burton declined to be the voice, then they said David Warner is being considered.

So who is going to be the voice of Shockwave? I think they would have announce it by now.

19. HIM666fan

HIM666fan DINOBOT

News Credits:
    hey dont forget just saying noone had any idea who was voicing any of the GL's in the new Green Lantern film then all of sudden we get a trailer with them talking and find out all teh voices... i mean im not saying thats going to happen justsaying that we might not know for a while whose voicing some of the bad guys and or good guys. and i dont see that as a problem i like guessing as who it might be and finding out that its someone i had no idea on at the end of a film.

20. Fonecrusher

Fonecrusher Megatron wants YOU

He should, he speaks quite alot in the comic adaption apparently and he's quite chatty in the prequel comics too. If you look closely at his render you can even see a sort of mouth by the lower mandibles complete with teeth and all.