So little to do OFFLINE!

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by Knightdramon, Jul 27, 2010.

1. Knightdramon

Knightdramon Hasbro LIES to the US

News Credits:
    So I finished the game last night and noticed that I had unlocked Slipstream and Arcee. I went to try them out on escalation and...oh no, can't access that offline. The only other playable options are multiplayer and solo campaign.

Why is there SO much emphasis on online gaming with this title? It's like one third of the game is available for offline only!

The game was fun, but that was about 10 hours of gameplay with some poor AI as partners. The AI reminded me of resident evil outbreak offline-you had pre-determined partners for each level and they could not use their special skills. The AI in WFC does not switch weapons but at least they can't die or run out of ammo.

Overall I feel a tad cheated...

2. Recall

Recall Player Select

News Credits:
    In today's gaming world its all about that internet connection. Yes there are some truly tremendous single player games but so many try and cash in on the online fad many FPS games created.

It is annoying single player portions of games are comprimised to make room for the online stuff but to be fair there are far more people with their consoles hooked to the net than not. Transformers as a franchise leads itself to the multiplayer aspect so you can imagine the same disspointment from people if the game didn't have the online content it does.

Have you got all the offline achievements/trophies? At least it will give you something to do :) 

3. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Why? High Moon Studios told us all from the very beginning what kind of game they were making and how it would play--there was no (or should have been a) suprise.

It would have been nice to see more put into the off line side of things for those who don't like online gaming, as the game is pretty simple with its (basically) two modes: story and multiplayer. Side-quests, online tutorials, trainning modes, sound track, story history, single player challenge modes (which could have been a practice/training mode) etc. would have given the off-line side of the game more.

4. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm OriginalRotorstorm Fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    it is annoying that there's no offline co-op mode, it does harm the game a little bit, especially since it should by all rights at least have split screen campaigns