Customs: So. lets say I wanted to dye the blue parts of alt prowl...

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Dark_Convoy, Oct 16, 2005.

1. Dark_Convoy

Dark_Convoy Old Bastard Veteran

Parts of the blue are painted (particularly the dashboard) would the dye just not take on those parts? Would I have to re-paint it after dying it?

2. Chaos Convoy

Chaos Convoy Dai Gurren-Dan member

News Credits:
    The dye would probably take BETTER on the paint, so you'd have to leave it in the dye for a shorter amount of time than the plastic itself if you wanted it all to be the same color.

Does the dashboard scrape against anything while tranforming it between robot and vehicle mode? If not, I'd just paint it instead since dying it could be a little tricky.

3. Dark_Convoy

Dark_Convoy Old Bastard Veteran

His legs "crotch" seats and dashboard are all blue, I wanted to dye them to a gray color, I guess I could just paint the details back on after dying...

4. Chaos Convoy

Chaos Convoy Dai Gurren-Dan member

News Credits:
    truth be told, i dunno if you can dye the light blue gray. You can try dying it a bit with black dye, but that'll probably only end up making the light blue a bit black-ish looking. You're probably better off just painting it, really.

5. hellopike

hellopike Evil Repaint

Have you tried taking Prowl apart yet? He's got alot of tricky pins holding the front end and roof to the dashboard piece, and all that would need to come apart before you dye him.

pike