So let me get this straight...

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Nerdling, Aug 2, 2007.

1. Nerdling

Nerdling Plastic Crack Addict

Ebay:
    There wont be any more movie toys being restocked til at least October... check

And Ultimate Bumblebee wont officially see the light of day, in the US at least, til the 19th of August... check

But where does 08' Bumblebee come in? Was he released and gobbled up immediately or have certain people gotten a headstart on him? I'm still a little confused on him.

2. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

i got mine as soon as he hit the shelf actually before they had a chance to peg him.

3. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Your opinion was noted. Now get lost. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Wave three was release in July, but for unexplainable reasons there seems to be very little to no Hasbro product shipping to.. well ANY retailer (except the online ones apparently).

There's been numerous speculations in the original thread about, but my opinion on it would be a combination of 2 (as I pointed out in said thread).

Firstly, there was the whole flood in China and I'm sure that's affected production on stuff and exporting finished product runs.

Secondly, based on the fact that the last month has been very very very barren (unusually so, even for summer) I think the movie figures were more sought after than Hasbro anticipated and have been attempting to play catch up with their production runs even before the flood in China.

As for 08 BB, you'll still get him as I'm sure more wave 3 boxes will get out and even if there's no more wave 3 boxes he's going to be in later waves as well... 4, 5, probably up to 6. There's never been a TF that I can remember that's only been in one wave and than gone (I'm sure there was some end of the line guys, but I can't think of any). So, you'll have a chance to get him. Just think of this as a chance to save up.

4. Noisemaze2006

Noisemaze2006 Banned

Wasn't Energon Ultra Magnus like that?

I found one case with 08 BB,Arcee & Dreadwing. I ripped it open right on the pallet & grabbed those 3. I don't think they ever put the rest of the case out. They're holding the new stuff back, probably for the reset. That's probably why nobody can find them.

5. Nerdling

Nerdling Plastic Crack Addict

Ebay:
    Thanks Laser. I would go out and check the Target in Brooklyn but they dont shelve their stuff, I think they just toss it to whatever sticks. And the TRU in Times Square tomorrow will be an oven. I can wait for them.

6. ActionMasterZod

ActionMasterZod LarzArz on twitter, man.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I got lucky as hell and found BB, Dreadwing and arcee a few days before the drought started.

7. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    Red box Tracks.

8. Bumble Prime

Bumble Prime all the time

energon grimlock and swoop added to the list of one wavers i believe

9. wheeljaxx

wheeljaxx Banned

Cybertron defence hotshot, brimstone, and thunderblast were only in 1 wave wern't they for cybertron?

anyway, i think you guys are having such a drought, is because we up here in canada have a flood. i mean literally last week there was over 20 cases put out of delux, and there are dozens upon dozens of 08 bumblebees still on shelves even after 2 weeks. voyager prime is outhere, in full force as well. we even have the unicron/prime w matrix wave of robot heros.

10. godsenddeath

godsenddeath . TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:

Energon Beachcomber and Ultra Magnus as well.

...and if you want to include Alts.............

Last edited: Aug 3, 2007
  11. thoughtcrime

thoughtcrime Well-Known Member

Cybertron Snarl & Sideways vanished pretty quickly too and never appeared again, except in a few Target two-packs I think. The ones with DVDs were rarer still.

12. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yes, but it was a repaint from a previous line for filler.

A packaging variant - Alt. Tracks eventually shelfwarmed in many places.

That's a good one, but as it was generally hated...

Not sure about how many waves they shipped in, but they shelfwarmed for literally months here.

Repaints.

These were also heavily, heavily shipped (near me, anyway).

Back to Laser_op's point, there's no way Hasbro is going to undership their fastest-selling line since G1. There will be many, many, many opportunities to pick up movie figures for the next year--expect a huge push at Christmas, too. We're going to be sick of looking at all of them by Nov/Dec.
    :lol 

13. e3nine

e3nine Poop.

News Credits:
    Is that accurate? I thought that was just an approximate saturation date of the 2nd "season" of Movie toys. (aka what "Primus Unleashed" was to Cybertron)

If no more toys were being stocked till October, why would there even be a section of these at Target and Wal-Mart?

I think that Hasbro blew their foretasted sales figures. Right now, they're ramping up 300% and you'll see all of these things in massive floods to the stores. Everyone keeps saying this "August 5th" date ... and I believe it.

My local Target as turned their toy section from a red theme, to a blue, and have 1/3rd of a wall with empty pegs waiting for Movie Deluxes.

14. silverstreak70

silverstreak70 Well-Known Member

Several of the mass retailers are getting ready to reset their shelves for the fall/Christmas season. As such, they will more than likely be holding product so that when they do their resets, they will be able to fill the shelves at that time. I know the Wal-marts and Targets in the mid west will be setting the toy depts in the next two weeks. Should be plenty of product available after that. 'Course, I have the option of ordering at my Wal-mart, so I've made sure we have plenty of product coming, at least for what can be ordered.

15. Laser_Optimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yes, but he, Tidal Wave, Rapid Run and Treadbolt (all repaints from Armada) were meant to only be filler from the beginning and we were pretty much given the MO on that from Archer when he used to post here as Orson. Pretty much stated that a couple of the figures weren't going to be finished in time and that they put out some of the tail end Armada repaints that never got made when they cut Armada short to start up Energon.

16. e3nine

e3nine Poop.

News Credits:
    I thought all WM inventory were stocked JIT (Just-In-Time) and reordered automatically by forecast applications.

17. Laser_Optimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Thanks ams, was going to mention all that myself, but you nailed it on the head. :thumb 

One thing I will say though is that all of the Cybertron deluxes mentioned did in fact show up in multiple waves. However, in Cybertron Hasbro tried a new technique of 'staggering' releases (IE: instead of having older figures consistently shipped from wave x through x, they'd package them in, say wave 3, and than drop them for wave 4, and than ship them again in wave 5) so that certain characters wouldn't glut shelves over the course of being shipped out in three or four waves.

18. Dark Magnus

Dark Magnus Your opinion is wrong!

Ebay:
    We just got our first of two hige drops for transition, and not a single movie figure was among the 13 pallets we received. Believe me, if Target stoes received product already on the floor, the truck scanning process would have directed stockers to send the product to the floor. Carry forward stuff is never held for a transition with target. It either makes it to the floor when it comes in or it gets backstocked if there's an adequate supply on the floor, which we can all safely assume, there is not given the current "drought"

19. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    Only because the original release was so impossible to find that Hasbro decided to do a second production run about a year later. Tracks was originally released as a one-wave wonder with no plans to be shipped out again.

20. beatrush

beatrush Collects too many things

Ebay:

I dont know about you, but my area in Canada, I have yet to see a dreadwing, voyager prime or megatron or even a 08 bumblebee. All we have for robot heroes are starscream/mirage and grimlock/shockwave.

We did though got hit with a flood of Classic jetfires and primes and cybertron skyshadows, menasors, metroplexes, that optimus primal no one wants and lots of titaniums.