So let me get this straight...was Megs planning this or what?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by MadCatTonton, Dec 23, 2011.

1. MadCatTonton

MadCatTonton MCTT The Magnificent

I've been trying to figure out in my head the time line of events based off of what Megatron was telling Starscream in DOTM and just can't seem to work it out (and I'm aware of of plot holes and things not adding up).
    So from what Megs said I kind of got this:
    He was already planning a visit to Earth to rendezvous with Sentinel which means he (and assuming the Decepticons) already knew of Earth and its "resources" before any of the events that took place in the first film. Yet in the first film he coincidentally ended on Earth because thats where the All Spark happened to have crashed.
    Or Sentinel and Megatron made a pact before the cube was even lost in space. Then the Cube was lost and Megatron set off after it. This could be likely cause Optimus was still on Cybertron when the Ark escaped (the prologue sequence in DOTM) and only left when he went in search of the Cube himself (is that right?).

But then you have the events in ROTF! Why then, when Megatron was revived was he allowing The Fallen to go ahead and destroy Earth when Megs and Sentinel needed the humans to rebuild Cybertron? And it's not like he forgot about his plan (remember in DOTM Sam said "they've been planning this for 50 years"). So all the setup Soundwave and Laserbeak were doing was going to waste cause The Fallen just wanted to have is way and kill the humans out of spite!

I could go on but what but what do you guys think?

2. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movieverse fan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    if you read the prequel comics u woudl learn of this

Megatron first worked for Fallen for find the Harvester on Earth, the Nemesis was built for find it, but the nemesis got lost in space.

as the war progressed Sentinel made the deal with Megatron to meet on Earth for teleport Cybertron, but when Starscream attacked the ship, Sentinel was belivied to have died by everyone (including Megatron). after Sentinel got Missing, Optimus Launched the Allspark to Space, and Megatron followed it and crashed (but after finding the nemesis first)

Megatron Descovered the Ark location on the Moon after Soundwave told him

So yeah, the reason for multiple plans was because fate got into his Way

3. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movieverse fan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
  4. MadCatTonton

Ahhh thanks dude! I never had a chance to read any of these comics and I guess it explains it all in them. Will check it out! Thanks

5. MadCatTonton

Ha Megs must of been really pissed off at Starscream!

6. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Original plan: Megs makes deal with Sentinel to rebuild Cybertron. Goes with The Fallen and army to Earth to get Allspark then use the Matrix to bring back Sentinel and kill Fallen, transport Cybertron to Earth's system, rebuild it with Allspark and they yuck it up on Cybertron 2.0 sipping wine made of children's blood and making bad jokes.

Plan 2: Megs and Sentinel go missing, Megs comes back but Sentinel is dead on the moon. Megatron tries to steal existing Allspark, make new army to fuck eveyrthing up.

Plan 3: Megs died. Allspark died. 'Cons fucked. Get Megs back and then Megs and Fallen steal sun for new Allspark.

Plan 4: Fallen's died. Harvester's died. 'Cons fucked but it's okay! Prime's got Matrix. Use backup troops on moon, Autobots get Sentinel from moon, trick Ops into using Matrix, fuck Earth up and use it's people to rebuild Cybertron.

Plan 5: Everybody died. Igor's boss now.

7. LacksAFace

LacksAFace Devastator's Balls

Megatron's plans really weren't that bad.
    He lost in the first movie because Bonecrusher is an idiot, Brawl decided it was smart to take on the Autobots in a 1v3 and Blackout looks tough but dies easy. And then Starscream and Barricade bailed him. Also Frenzy killed himself...

In ROTF, his troops are hopeless. Mixmaster gets diced. Long Haul takes an arrow to the knee. Rampage's spine comes up out of his face, Starscream runs away (naturally), Scrapper blows up, Devastator gets one-shotted...and the 10 other Genericons or so just fall apart when they get shot at. They fail to stop one kid from reaching 3 Autobots and a couple score human soldiers. Then Optimus gets brought back to life and goes on a face-rage. Everyone dies. Good guys win.

In DOTM, well, Megatron and Sentinel's plan was pretty good. But once again, their troops sucked and Megatron, finally realising how hopeless his army is, sulks on a pile of junk underneath a building whilst Soundwaves dies to someone half his size, Starscream runs away...with a bomb in his head, Shockwave gets gangraped and then Megatron decides take revenge of his own troops by...bashing Sentinel. Also, Barricade finally dies but no one cares about him.

I will be interested to see what Igor does in TF4/5.

8. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movieverse fan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    :lol 

imagine if his punishment was less screentime in the first movie! :lol 

9. rook

rook Well-Known Member

To be fair, Megatron was an idiot for now telling him. In fact Starscream, the second in friggin command, seems to be the last person to be told anything.

10. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movieverse fan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    True, also if Megs had revealed the plan to some cons, or at leasy mostly his second in command who is also the air commander, their plan would had been a sucess

11. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

To be fair with Megs, Starscream is not the most reliable person in the world: 1 - He's something of a coward, 2 - He's unlucky, 3 - He wishes he could take Megatron's place, it is plain as day for everyone in the 'Con side.

Starscream is only useful because he is remarkably skilled on air combat [possibly better than Megatron himself, who always seems to focus on the ground], and a fairly competent leader on his own right [so when Megatron's not around, he can deal with things].

And yep, Megatron had THREE DIFFERENT PLANS going at the SAME TIME, the guy had more back-up plots than David Xanatos.

It is almost kind of funny, when you think about it, he is the smartest character in the franchise [movie-verse franchise].

12. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Not really. Starscream can't tie his shoes. How was Megatron supposed to know the only friggin' time he'd win against Autobots would be when he didn't want him to?

13. MadCatTonton

This must be why what Megs said in Africa to Starscream "you know what you are told which is nothing."

Maybe he just couldn't trust SS, what if he spilt the beans at some point...

14. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Let's face it Michael Bay.....I mean Megatron never had a good plan from the start for what to do with his magnificant plan.

15. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Megatron is either a ridiculously in-depth planner, or a terrible one. I'm inclined towards the latter, given how things turned out for him.

16. WreckNRule426

WreckNRule426 Autobot

I like to think the events in DOTM were the 'Cons' backup plan in case the other ones didn't work. Which...lol...they didn't.

17. Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname Pico, let's go up to Zuma

News Credits:
    TF1 -> RotF makes enough sense, both movies the Cons were going for a massive energy source to build up an army at the cost of the human species, RotF being bigger/grander.
    But DotM gives us a plan Megatron supposedly had going the entire time which demanded the humans still be around. I suppose Megatron could've resorted to human labor after failing to create Cybertronian workers, but it's still a clumsy transition (which is kind of a shame, the DotM plot was my favorite).

18. Hellscream15

Hellscream15 Hi... Bl

Dude, whatever you do, do not, I repeat,
    DO NOT refer to the comics when trying to figure the continuity out, it will confuse you even more.
    Heres what I have assumed so far:
    Megatron had already made the deal with The Fallen, but also comprimized a second plan, which was the deal with sentinel.
    So they intended to use the allspark to make an army, which would also be the labor force to rebuild cybertron. But as the allspark was jettisoned into space and the ark was lost, the least megatron could do was go after the allspark to build his army but we all know how that ended. In the 1900's soundwave made the human-con alliance then the whole apollo thing happened etc. Then the first movie passes, megs died, 2 years later he was revived and tried to accomplish the original plan, it failed so, he figured caught up with soundwave to go with the whole sentinel-matrix thing, and finaly fullfil the transportation of cybertron and use the humans as slaves.

19. Hellscream15

Hellscream15 Hi... Bl

Starscream seems like the con who would accidently ruin everything, so either way, their all screwed.

20. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    TF4 Villain. Do it. Please.

Fuck Bludgeon, fuck Thunderwing, fuck whatever old crap they find on Wikipedia during script writing

Igor needs to be villain.