So, let me ask, is the ROTF Optimus voyager just too small?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by SentinelPrime, Jun 25, 2009.

1. SentinelPrime

SentinelPrime I NEEDED THAT!

Ebay:
    Thanks for your time; I was just wondering if the ROTF voyager Optimus is just too small in comparison.

I really love that Megatron voyager, but I'm afraid the Optimus is just going to look too small next to Ironhide or Ratchet.

Thoughts?

2. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Personally, scale doesn't really matter to me. Though I do want Prime and Megatron to be the same size class. Also, Ratchet is getting a Deluxe class figure, which might be more in-scale with Voyager Prime. Though it's hard to say as we, as in the people who weren't at the Botcon panel, haven't seen pictures of him, yet. It really just depends on how important scale is to you.

Oh, and, no offense, but this could have been asked within your other thread too...

3. Dran0n

Dran0n miss me w/ that

News Credits:
    He probably will be out of scale, but it might be worth it for an in scale Megatron and Optimus pair.

4. butz

butz slippery when wet

Voyager Ratchet is too big in the first place, but V. Prime doesn't look too bad next to Ironhide (Prime is a tad taller). Also, there is a Deluxe RotF Ratchet coming.

5. Sportimus

Sportimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    As great as they are, and as much as I love them, I think the Leader Primes (movie 1, and 2) are a tad too big. Voyager Prime fits in better with his crew with the exception of Voyager Ratchet who throws everything off. With the upcoming Deluxe Ratchet, I think it would look better. Personally, I think that the Voyager Movie Prime simply gets an unfair bad rep by folks, and is one of the more under-appreciated figures of the lot. Robovision and regular Movie 1 Voyager Prime are the better vweaiona of the mold.

6. Altercron

Altercron Well-Known Member

He gets an unfair bad rep because he isnt a new mold. Just a repaint from 2007. Megs got a new Voyager mold, no reason Prime couldnt.

7. thenatureboywoo

thenatureboywoo Veteran

News Credits:
    I had the voyager prime from the first movie. And to me he was perfectly fine compared to Ratchet and Ironhide and everyone. But then I got ROTF Leader Prime and Voyager Prime looks very unfinished compared to him. So to Answer your question, Voyager Prime is totally OK compared to the others unless you start comparing him to leader prime.

8. jonatron26

jonatron26 Well-Known Member

if you put v. megs next to v. optimus what is their height difference if any.

also does megatrons left arm have a hand or is it just a smaller firirng gun

9. butz

butz slippery when wet

V. Prime is a little Taller than V. Megatron.
    He has a left hand with fingers, but it is also a projectile launcher (and doubles as the main cannon for the tank).

10. Nightwing24

Nightwing24 00 Agent

News Credits:
    yes he's a freakin semi he should be alot bigger that's why they made a leader class.

11. influence82

influence82 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    For scale, Voyager Prime is a good size when compared to the deluxes and leader Brawl and Jetfire. He is the taller one among the Voyagers. The Fallen and Stratosphere are way taller but that makes sense when the scale is taken into consideration.

12. ersico

ersico Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    REALLY? this is the first ive heard of it?

13. CookSux

CookSux Infectious Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Deluxe Ratchet looked pretty small to me... almost the same size as Bumblebee. Reason why I say this is because RotF Lockdown was roughly the same size as Animated Lockdown, and he towered Ratchet.

14. butz

butz slippery when wet

It was announced at Botcon: here (and a prototype was shown for those in attendance). Further more, we first learned of it in a Wal Mart listing back in April: here.

15. jonatron26

jonatron26 Well-Known Member

im totally gonna get v. megs now

16. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Currently facepalming at your post

News Credits:
    If you're into scale, yes Voyager prime looks pretty small next to Ironhide and Ratchet.

Besides, the Leader versions from either movie are WAY better than the Voyager one. Skip it IMO.