So, killing more humans now?

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by General Magnus, Feb 19, 2012.

1. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

Was it me or did Knockout and Breakdown wiped out those tanks in the firefight?

2. ngnikolaos

ngnikolaos Well-Known Member

The more gore the merrier.

3. Girl Pants

Girl Pants aka brickonator

News Credits:
    Fowler does say something later to the effect of "dozen wounded". I think they're still not going to readily show human death, at least good guys or civilians.

4. SuperJazz

SuperJazz Dictator of my Dimension

Exactly. It's so much fun to kill humans! :D 

5. StarryAqua

StarryAqua Former fandom follower

News Credits:
    He said 'wounded' since it's still a kids show, but we all know they were killed.

6. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Technically we saw no humans legit killed on-screen which means it's okay for them to do so.

7. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

Bet those people in the tanks that got blown up weren´t wounded.

8. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    but you didn't see the people inside get killed. That's what i mean henceforth passes the censors.

9. Mighty.Maximal

Mighty.Maximal Banned

The Drivers of Mech cars probably had a pretty bad day last season after Brakedown shot them all and I didn't see any Parachute Syndrome that time unlike when the Autobots shot at them.

Oh and why do Prime's Human Soldiers wear Green ? is it so they look not inappropriate when the show is translated into japanese ?

As surely volume wise the vast majority of US Troops now wear tan uniforms (unless they are stationed someplace very forested or green) which Jasper's area clearly isn't. Perhaps they need to make the soldier mesh in a few other colours for other places after all they'd look a bit silly wearing green in the snow. and I feel it's not ideal these days to wear green in the bare mountains or desert either. Also paler soldiers outfit would make them look less like mech too.

I always remember Jonny Quest blowing some guys up with a Tank and shooting at them (possibly successfully) with an M-16 as they invaded his home and Mighty Max's body Guard seemed to often leave a large pile of bodies behind him too.

10. Glass_of_water

Glass_of_water Well-Known Member

i liked how happy knock-out looked whilst watching the splosions :bay 

11. CloudFF7

CloudFF7 Well-Known Member

I'm glad the writers had the guts to even "wound" humans(military or civilian), this is suppose to be a war, but has been too squeaky clean with it so far. The Cons dont feel as dangerous as they did in the movies, war is as a Naruto series puts a "Cycle of Hatred" it spreads onto anyone at anytime at anyplace causing nothing but "pain" to those caught in it. Optimus isn't on Cybertron anymore, where he has thousands of soldiers to command, he's only on Earth now where he only has a small team, despite Optimus promise to June in the finale the Autobots can't save everyone everytime(not if the writers want a realistic portrayal of war).

12. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    You sure about that, buddy? :lol 

The more displays of the Decepticons displaying why humans shouldn't fuck with them, the better. A welcome phenomenon, after the toothlessless they displayed in the Movie-verse.

... lolwut.

13. ahunmaster

ahunmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I doubt human deaths will be mentioned, but there will probably be several scenarios where humans clearly can't get out of without a crushed skull or broken spine.

14. SuperJazz

SuperJazz Dictator of my Dimension

Umm... i'm pretty sure color has no matter of how inappropriate they look to the Japanese.

15. Mighty.Maximal

Mighty.Maximal Banned

I remember all those green army guys in Godzilla Movie they always reminded me of the little green plastic soldiers who later are seen in Toystory movies.

I guess it does seem a bit odd to think of the American Army in plain green now - I can hardly recall the last time I saw someone American wearing green aside from a Base duty overall or a flight suit *and even they are often grey*. seeing them in green reminds me of the Marine corp running about Pacific Islands during World War II more than anything else.. But that might just be all those World War II videogames i've played over the years.

A quick google image search shows most pics come up as a grey/tan camo patterrn or a sand/brown (with white and black spots) camo pattern. Not one in plain green. to me Green looks nostalgic. The japanese search shows green camo being typical and a very odd autumn leaf pattern over jacket showing up. The last Time I saw something like that was on a German World war II Horse trooper or Rocket Grenadier.. so that looks very odd.

But green seems dated to me now.

16. kamuix

kamuix weeeeee

maybe done so, as to not relate current uniforms to the kids?

17. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    To quote someone who used to be in Japan's education ministry: "To Japanese children of today, history began with the advent of Gundam. They think the Americans were our allies during the Second World War and Martians were the enemy."

Bottom line: nobody's over there's going to bother in the slightest about how the troops look.

18. doomboy536

doomboy536 Universe Onslaught fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    :lolol  wut

19. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I was pretty impressed that Megatron used the word "dead" when describing Starscream. I thought the word "dead" was no longer used unless it was in the "I'm so dead" context.

Hmmm, maybe because he actually wasn't.

20. Karhukjnsi

Karhukjnsi Universal Wrestler

News Credits:
    Of course they were wounded, that's how they died. Wounds are a huge leading cause of death, including immediate ones.