So is today a good day or a bad day?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by CrypticIllusionist, Feb 25, 2008.

1. CrypticIllusionist

CrypticIllusionist Well-Known Member

Alright, so overall, I'm having a pretty fun day that I've been enjoying. A few friends came to my house after school and we spent a while playing video games and went out to a couple of places for some food. Had some good laughs in there too.
    On the other hand, one of my friends (Sarah) decided she wanted to play with my Classics Rodimus. Well, I trust her and I generally let people play with my transformers if they want to as long as it's not something I know they can't figure out (e.g. Voyager Movie Blackout) or will definitely break. Well...she broke it. The hinge that connects the chest/arm assembly to the body snapped and, while it still can hold both modes (car better than robot), I'm pretty disappointed that one of my favourite figures from my incredibly small collection is broken. In the end, she's insisted on paying for it and I'm not going to stop her. :p 
    Anyway, she had to go home shortly after and the other two friends (Matt and John) and myself were going back to the school to get another friend (Ben) who was still in class (we have a last period spare, he doesn't). So I'm standing outside of John's car, just about to get in while I'm waiting for Sarah to check her car if she has the money to pay for Rodimus today. Well, while I'm standing outside, John apparently doesn't notice that I haven't sat down in the car yet and slowly starts driving. Here's the kicker: My foot was under the car. One wheel went over my right foot to which I let out a loud, shocked "OW!" (there was a bit more but I'll keep the quotes clean). The shock was more of an influencer than the pain however as, very very much to my surprise, it barely hurt at all. My foot's still throbbing a tiny bit now, but I was never in any real pain from it which I just find odd (I would have expected it to hurt a hell of a lot more than it did).
    So anyway, all in all, it's been a fun day that I've enjoyed with two very unexpected strokes of bad luck.

2. Vector Sigma

Vector Sigma <b><i><font color=FFFF00>Crazy Colon Burner!!!!</b Veteran

Well i hope your foots OK buddy...

3. Deceptikitty

Deceptikitty all about the hasubandos

Hopefully you didn't break anything in your foot. :( 

It's nice to see someone have a positive attitude about everything, though. I like that.

4. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    Did you have to use your AK?

If so, there's your answer to the thread title.

5. Razorclaw

Razorclaw Are ya gonna draw pistols

You're lucky. Try having a log fall down on your foot. If I wasn't wearing military boots, I'd be a cripple now.

6. pscoop

pscoop Dead inside

News Credits:
    :lol  Everyone should have the "Ice Cube Good Day Flowchart" handy at all times.

Good day for me I guess. Sold 2 cars and went to the doctor, I will officially be sterile in 3 months.

7. DaggersRage

DaggersRage Autistic bastard.

Well, my day started good, all nice and easy. Just another simple day in the office, taking calls about people wanting to cancel their accounts, that's cool. Now like any call center job, the pace chances to people calling upset that their beloved MP3 player isnt supported by us.

"Is my iPOD compatible?"

No

"BLARG! YOU GUYS SUCK! *yells yells yells* I want to speak to a supervisor"

Explain why <said device> isn't compatible for both technical and corporate reasons and show them the EASY TO FIND list of compatible devices on the website and the program.

"BLARG! You guys are frauds with false advertising! I want to speak to your supervisor and get you fired!" (I'm over exaduating a little)

Supervisor takes call explaining the same thing.

Next call! "My, oh I dont know, but it's a MP3 AND it's a MP4 (whoopie fricken do!) player that says it's made in China, and its not working."

Tell them it's not compatible and the same thing happens.

Neeeext call! Well, I cant think of anything else silly, but that's pretty how it's been today so far. At least I bought volume 2 of Y, The Last Man.

8. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Sarah's... not very attractive is she? I say this because if there was, say, an attractive girl you liked hanging out with you and by chance broke a $10 toy, most guys would say something like "Oh no, it's ok, don't worry about it." Instead, your out for money. So, come on, be honest!

9. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    I didn't see that until now. Definitely seconded. If I knew someone well (like a good friend) and they busted one of my regular retail guys (like, I dunno, $25 or lower,) I'd probably just shrug it off. Shit, my old radio show cohost shot my Japanese-release Starscream's missile into an air vent and I shrugged it off.

10. TCracker

TCracker おもちゃは今とても暑いです

News Credits:
    Bad day/s for me. I seem to be in a slump. I can't get myself to photoshop my comics and stuffs. This has been dragging since last weekend......damn.

11. Spekkio

Spekkio Master of War

Forget "shrugging off" the broken Rodimus. Have her pay you back in ways other than money, if you get my drift. :wink

Today is a bad day. But they're all bad days. I'd like to have good days...but I don't.

12. CrypticIllusionist

CrypticIllusionist Well-Known Member

Sarah's actually the girl I had a major crush on at the end of public school (so yes, she's very attractive). In the end though, she's insisting that she pay for it and if that's what helps, I don't want her to feel bad for it. I didn't ask her to pay for it, she just instantly wanted to. I guess there was sort of a compromise though as currently the only places I can find a Classics Rodimus are online and are running it at nearly $30. My local Wal-Mart doesn't seem to be stocking any Transformers at the moment; my guess for the reason behind this is the movie being too far away now and, as we all know, the Animated line doesn't come to retail for a while.
    Meh, maybe sooner or later I'll change my mind.

13. llamatron

llamatron Shut up, Nigel. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    GET HER TO LICK YOUR PENIS. WITH HER TONGUE.

It's good that she offered to pay for it. Although yeah if she's hot and/or you intend to tap that then maybe you should let it slide. But then again, you don't want her thinking that she can walk all over you! GAH WOMEN.

Today has been ok so far. It is only 9:30 AM though.

14. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    Today kinda sucked.

I've been postponing various things that need done... I felt like I was going to lose my lunch all afternoon... And I might have some stuff lost in the mail. Always fun.

15. Team Jetfire

Team Jetfire Pop-POP!

News Credits:
    :lol 

it took a bit, but I got it.

As for my day, it was ok. Thanks for asking.

16. TJOmega

TJOmega The Plastic Addict Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Well today was pretty good here. Got Animated Bulkhead in the mail, that was great. Got Comcast digital phone service hooked up, caused some brief chaos with my internet but otherwise good to have.

Then again a good looking friend yesterday showed me her tits. So by comparison it's hard to call this a better day.

17. Talathia

Talathia TFW's Cool Little Heathen

I'd get your foot looked at just to be sure o_o... Sorry about what happened. Ouch.

My day? Alright. Outside of the fact of my impending doom of reporting the harassment (I don't want to go into detail) I've been getting from a supervisor at work.
    Oh god drama related social interaction = apocalyptic disaster.
    Worse case scenario. I get fired for some stupid reason.
    Although I'm afraid someone will mess up my car or stalk me or god knows what if he gets fired or gets corrected for his behavior.
    I just wanna work my graveyard shift job and not be harassed. Is that so much to ask?
    ._. *contort into ball*

Whatever the outcome. There is a nice little bit of Parrot Bay, Diazepam, and CoD4 waiting for me when I get home. Yes. 8{~~
    I have hardly any social skills at all, which is fine because I'm pretty much a loner, been that way for years... So.. :D ;; situations like this are. END OF THE WORLD. I have to sit down and strategically plot out my strategy and what not. Social anxiety. How I loathe you.

18. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I have a policy--if no one tries to shoot you, then it wasn't a bad day.

Keeps things in perspective and life feeling good.

19. Paladin

Paladin Have Zord, Will Travel

News Credits:
    Detroit- It's a shithole full of people who steal
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Today sucked. I'm REALLY sick of filling out job applications... :( 

20. chaosbringer_00

chaosbringer_00 I am indescribable.

My policy is more along the lines of If I don't try to shoot me, then it wasn't a bad day.

In all seriousness, I had a bad day. Actually, I've had a bad past three weeks. Funnily enough, things have been pretty good in my life (I haven't missed any school assignments yet this quarter, yay), but I'm depressed as hell. I feel all empty inside...and the things I love to do just don't seem worth the effort. Depression sucks.

But enough about me, I hope your foot's okay dude, and that you get a new Classics Rodimus. I wouldn't push the issue either way with the girl though. Remember, female companionship (generally) > transformers.

...though if it was a Masterpiece she had broken...:p