So, Is there any chance...

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Skystalker, May 3, 2007.

1. Skystalker

Skystalker Transformer Accumulator

That Hasbro would make these con exclusives available elsewhere at a slightly lower price? Why not via an online shop or somehow else?

Can't complain too much because of all the attention they are throwing at Transformers, but surely they could sell more if they wanted to?

:confused: 

2. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan www.megamoonman.com TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Nowhere else, never. We're SOL as far as seeing these anywhere else.

That's the nature of exclusives. If you could get them somewhere else, thay wouldn't be exclusive.

3. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    nope, nuh-uh, nada, nein.

:( 

4. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    There's always a chance, I suppose, but it's about as likely as being struck by lightning on a clear day.

5. Sy-Rein

Sy-Rein Rogue Stunticon

News Credits:
    I think that's the whole point of being exclusive. They are exclusively available at the Conventions.

6. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Actionmaster Super Mod

News Credits:
    yeah...and a lot of us would be mega pissed if they released them later for cheaper.....now, if they manage to make a new seeker mold for the next series that people like more then classics, then possibly we would see a new widespread release....but classics dirge, thundercracker, thrust, bugbite and dreadwind wont be anywhere else...

7. KidDynamite

KidDynamite don't know nothing Veteran

None whatsoever. They're commissioned and paid for by Fun Publications (the convention licensee), which is a separate and independent company from Hasbro. It would be the equivalent of Hasbro releasing a toy made by Mattel. You can't release a toy that belongs to someone else (unless you're a KO manufacturer).

Further, FP uses cheaper aluminum molds versus the normal steel molds, which degrade faster and are supposedly unusable beyond the initial run. So even if by some miracle FP were to be agreeable to allowing Hasbro to make a retail run, the molds would be gone.

There is the slimmest of slim possibilities that Hasbro might one day make its own Thundercracker with a different deco, but don't count on it. I imagine there's a less than 1% chance of that happening, as FP wouldn't have been granted the right to make a Thundercracker if Hasbro had any intention of ever doing it, and FP would rightfully get upset if Hasbro changed its mind.

8. Ruination04

Ruination04 8 Years Old Since 1984!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well Alt Nemesis Prime was a convention exclusive. He was pretty easy to get. LOL

I never say never but probably not. That makes me sad because I will never own them, not counting the customs I plan to do.

9. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

Heh heh... no big deal though. A lot of these have already been kitbashed to hell and back. As for Classics Exclusive Thrust... I figure you could probably save some trouble and make those wings out of some old G1 Thrust wings. Most of the others are nothing more than repaints, from what I've seen.

zmog