So is the DLC coming to pc?

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by MaxLinden, Jul 28, 2010.

1. MaxLinden

MaxLinden Auto-Con

News Credits:
    Does anyone even know.... Its posted up on steam about it but I still see nothing.

2. MaxLinden

MaxLinden Auto-Con

News Credits:
  3. Skyjack

Skyjack Well-Known Member

I hope we get it for PC. If not now, then give us both dlc 1 and 2 at the same time! YEAH!

4. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    Was going to say "In b4 PC rage".......though obviously I'm too late.

5. MaxLinden

MaxLinden Auto-Con

News Credits:
    Very late.....
    I've said this before.... But we are getting the same treatment again as we got with MW2.

6. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    Well everyone keeps saying that this is the time where you should concider buying a console, yet the same excuse is "Why would I pay so much something that can only play games and requires me to pay for their internet service", when something like the PS3, which acts as a substitue broswer, game player, cd player, back-up music cashe, blu-ray dvd player and doesn't require a subscription for it's online services is already out there for probably less then it takes to totally upgrade your computer to handle more high-end games.

I mean I get PC is a popular choice for gaming, but to completely negate anything having to do with a console is kinda crippling, especially if you run into situations like this. That's just how I see it.

7. Nemesis*Prime

Nemesis*Prime Decepticon Renegade

News Credits:
    Well I just listened to the 'One of Swords' podcast interview with Matt Tieger and the interviewers asked him about DLC content on the PC. Basically, High Moons wants to make the DLC pack available for the PC but can't right now because they don't have a delievery system for it. Unlike PS3 and XBOX which have their own default download/patching networks, there isn't a default one for PC. Plus, for them, this is the first time making a game available on the PC so this is new territory for them so they're still working on it. It's still possible we'll see the DLC pack for the PC it's just going to take longer.

Everybody keep your fingers crossed.

8. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    What do you know, logic and precedent were correct. They want to do it but don't have a delivery method.

It sucks but I completely saw that.

9. MaxLinden

MaxLinden Auto-Con

News Credits:
    Sorry, but pc is and always will be the best in my eyes... so for now.... I'm sticking to my Gaming pc.... =-P
    But one day I do plan on getting a PS3....
    Because I do happen to love the Playstation systems the best if I had to pick one.

10. Taziir

Taziir Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Advice to High Moon: Release DLC through Steam, make cash, go on tropical holiday with strippers on a yacht - you know it makes sense.

11. Liselotte

Liselotte Revenge is coming... TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    too late high moon. F your game.

12. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Someone is taking things too personally.

13. ganondorf2002

ganondorf2002 Member

Bioware has Dragon Age for Xbox, PC, and PS3 and all 3 have dlc available. I'm not sure on what the delivery method is, but maybe HM could contact them and check things out. I don't mind waiting a bit longer for the PC dlc I just don't want to be left in the dark.

14. Goggles

Goggles 1H8CON

Thanks for reminding me...
    [​IMG]

15. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    I'm sorry, but there's no excuse these days. They could have used Games for Windows Live.

16. Kranix

Kranix Banned

there really is no excuse for this.... they sure made sure to get our money, but in all the developement time they couldnt figure out a fucking delivery message. this is especially bad when DLC has been common place for 10 years now. in my estimation they should be shut down for blind stupidity. cant figure out a delivery method my ass. i could make a program they could put on a webpage that you can buy a dlc pack and have it only work with your original game serial key. delivery method and antipiracy all in one. HM and that goofy looking matt are all dumbasses.

17. Nemesis Predaking

Nemesis Predaking Offical Enforcer WTF@TFW Veteran

News Credits:
    I stopped playing the game online, about a week after I beat the single player campaign.
    With no fixes or DLC & rampant hackers on PC.
    I really have zero reason to play, it's a shame really.
    As this will likely mean no chance of a 2nd WFC game on PC at all.

18. Deadend

Deadend Overloaded Spark

News Credits:
    We may eventually, but at this time, no.

The original comment was that they'd like to, but they have to look into a medium to do it from.

Chances are, if the pc game ever gets re-packaged and released for whatever reason, that version will have it. Otherwise, no clue for now, since no one seems willing to ask High moon when given the chance. Like at SDCC when Tieger was there for the Q&A. =/

So it's not just High Moon 'ignoring' the pc gamers.

PS3 also has sucky voice chat. If I was going to throw away money for one game on a console, I'd go 360, at least then people could actually hear me talking.
    And anyway, that's such a sucky excuse to begin with. Saying 'well you should have bought a console' is not an excuse for a company not supporting its own game, on a platform they chose to release it on, nor fans and news outlets at a place like SDCC not even bothering to ask about it, that's just lazy period. The fact of the matter, is it's just making an excuse for what could have been an easy thing to do. Companies do PC expansions ALL the time. As mentioned before, even multiplatform games have done it. This excuse is just an unthinking response that further twists the knife by the haves into the have nots. It's not even a good excuse. So if that's your answer, just don't bother.

They could release it through GFWL, Steam, standalone, a promo someplace, even a magazine bonus disc, or other outlets. The problem is finding the most feasible outlet with the widest exposure without having to go through an extreme amount of hurdles for several outlets at once.

Stuff like this, is just over-reacting. Give them some time. We may have to wait longer, but that just means when we do get it, it'll just be all the more sweeter.

The thing is, when the public forums are available to us, to let them know we want it, we need to take advantage of it. Like the missed oppurtunity at SDCC.