So is Cybertron completely destroyed or does it exist, but in shambles?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Prowl, Nov 14, 2007.

1. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So my question is, does Cybertron still exist in the movie mythos? Is Starscream returning to a dead planet where the remnants of transformers are fending for themselves and trying to survive the death of their world, or is it gone from the galactic map altogether?

Anyone have any insight on this?

2. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    I think it's still there, just that it's slowley dying. I also think that Starscream is heading back to the remains of it to declare himself leader/king of the Decepticons, like in the leaked treatment.

3. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    From what I've gathered, Cybertron is a lot like G1 Cybertron:

The war has destroyed it, slowly becoming a wasteland planet, but with the Allspark gone, it cannot be saved. It'll be nothing but an un-inhabitable rock shortly. Starscream is obviously on his way there, I mean, where else is he gonna go?

4. BallaTron

BallaTron Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I would say it still exsists for sure,just more than likely war ravaged.Starscream is definatly heading back there to round up some troops,and as was said before me declare himself the new leader of the deceipticons.We'll see more of the planet in the next movie I would say.

5. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan www.megamoonman.com TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Who says there isn't some Decepticon outpost on some small world where there is just enough energy to get by, and that's where he's going?

And that makes me realize - while the Allspark gives them life, we never see them needing to "recharge" or "eat" or whatever it is that they do, and there's no real explanation. How do they convert energy, and what can they use to get it?

6. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:
    Still exists cause Prime states at the end that with Cube gone, they cant fix Cybertron or something to that effect

7. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    The situation never called for it in the film, though I'm sure it will be addressed at least once in future films.

I assume they eat, they do have mouths. There's probably robo-food on Cybertron or somewhere.

8. iamamachine

iamamachine colonyofcells

News Credits:
    Living on 1 AAA battery a day

Since the AllSpark left Cybertron many moons ago, I am pretty sure the Transformers are surviving by chewing on batteries. Don't know for how much longer those batteries will last. My impression from the first movie is that the Transformers don't have to eat AllSpark energy often so they don't seem to be in danger of starvation for many more years to come.
    There are also Transformers living on colonized planets and I would assume those are also relying on batteries also.
    Cybertron is probably suffering from blackouts. Maybe it is time for the Transformers to be less dependent on AllSpark energy and start using candles. It is better to light candles than to wait for the AllSpark to stumble back. I am sure alternative energy sources are possible for Cybertron. For Transformer food, the Transformers should already start researching on synthetic AllSpark energy. If those Transformers are smart, they should learn how to manufacture their own AllSpark energy rather than wait for bread to fall down from heaven.
    Even in the 1984 TV series, I don't see Transformers eating Energon that often. Most of the fight over Energon was to use Energon for powering weapons rather than for food.
    Cybertron should still be there unless Unicron ate it yesterday when I was not looking.

9. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

Cybertron is still in existence, the planet's just been turned into a wasteland on account of the civil war. Like Prime said, Cybertron cannot be saved without the Allspark. And of course Starscream is heading back to Cybertron... probably to find whoever's left of the Decepticon army, take control, and then return to Earth to take out Optimus Prime and crew... and who knows what'll happen after that.

It probably wouldn't surprise me that Cybertron will become Planet Junk in the movie-verse...

10. Dropshot

Dropshot Transform your destiny

News Credits:
    Well, I don't support the idea of having TF eating, it would be too childish, I prefer to see them recharging in CR Chambers or just plugging to an energy source.

11. Autobot HipHop

Autobot HipHop Covert Operations

Im pretty sure Cybertron still exists, but I didn't much care for the version that we did see in the movie. It just looked....very non-cybertron to me.

12. vektsilver

vektsilver Transorganic member

I second that HipHop, Cybertron did not look good at all.

It was not exciting thinking the planet just grew from the friggin cube and it looked like a mud ball with pointy uninhabitable structures.

The coolest part of what Cybertron was that it was metal all the way through and seemed alot like Corruscant in Star Wars where they had built building on top of buildings so much that orgins of the planet were unknown. I liked how ( and yes go a head and call me a g1 er ) in the cartoon Cybertron was layers and layers of structures that go back millions of years and the planet had history and depth that just by itself told the stories of past transformers and the factions of the war. A good example is when they would walk across the tomb of old autobot leaders or the cavern where the quintessons original creations (transorganics ).

There is just something about a planet that has been built on so much that the further you dig or explore there are complete histories uncovered even they were not aware of.

As a plot device I dont know why you would change it. Cybertron just didnt seem like a technoalogical marvel in the movie. Im hoping it was glossed over so quickly because they have not decided on its final look or fate

13. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    How do you know Cybertron isn't layerd in the movie? We saw one veiw of it, from the surface. And the buildings only look uninhabitable because they're not human buildings.

I like the movie's Cybertron better than any other Cybertron. Because it didn't look super human technological, it looked alien. It didn't look like the Jetson's world or like Star Wars planets, it looked totally alien yet still artifitial. The best part was how totally in ruins it was, molten metal rivers, dark looming poluted clouds and dead bodies everywhere. Plus, it totaly fit the new theme and when Megatron was in it... he just, fit.

Cybertron may not have looked good to you, but it looked incredible to me.

14. BallaTron

Ebay:
    TAke in the fact that the shot of cybertron we seen was freaking devastated and I think it looked pretty awesome myself!I would'nt expect it to look like a paradise when there's major Dirt hittin the fan!

15. Alienbot

Alienbot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Cybertron's dead so the film series will remain live action, and not turn into a Beowulf-style flick in the near future.

Though that'd be awesome.

16. Autobot HipHop

I understand it's supposed to be war torn but it just didn't seem like technologically advanced robotic aliens would live there to me. It looked like a prehistoric version of cybertron.

If what we saw was a post-apocalyptic view, and the planet's surface had been destroyed by years of nuclear bomb-type explosions, then maybe I could accept it. But even so, it just looks like Skeletor and the Masters of the Universe lives there with it's quagmires, stelagmites and "green lava" oozing out from the cracks.

I also agree with Veks, the "Star Wars: Coruscant" version of Cybertron seems to be the most interesting with it's many layers. I just hope there is more to movie Cybertron then this Jurassic Park: Lost World interpretation.

17. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    In Shambles, a' la G1

18. BallaTron

Ebay:
    Agreed!

19. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    in shambles yo.

20. Autobot HipHop

Are you sure? These "buildings" look pretty uninhabitable to me. They just look like mini washington monuments or chinese pagodas with platforms jetting out. Take a look at the right side of these pictures of Cybertron, those "building" platforms look so wack. they are just large triangles with Protofom bodies cut and pasted on em. I want a new cybertron! lol (or at least take us away from Pagoda Central and show us more of what the background is)

I will give you this, the "mechanified version" looks like it could have once consisted of city layers and gives you a slight Coruscant feel WAAAY in the background BUT those "Pointy Pagodas" are just plain wack!

[​IMG]