So is Breakaway in the movie, then?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Santoanderson, Feb 16, 2009.

1. Santoanderson

Santoanderson Well-Known Member

So I was looking through the pic gallery from the Toy Fair, and Breakaway showed up, out of nowhere. And his design doesn't stray terribly far from the movie style:
    http://www.tfw2005.com/resources/attachment.php?do=fullview&attachmentid=9770

Sure, the forearms do look a little old school, but the feet, head placement, head design, and torso fall well in line (in my opinion) with the movie style. Especially when you compare it to one of the "movie toys" from 2007:
    http://images.wikia.com/transformers/images/b/b3/Movie_BigDaddy_toy.jpg

I initially figured he was just one of those non-cannon toys they throw into the line to make a little $$$ (like Big Daddy), but he's the only deluxe, and seems to have a more movie-ish design than those scout toys that have been rolling out. It all makes me wonder if he makes it into the movie.

After all, every day a new "The Autobots are incredibly outnumbered" post appears on the board. That coupled with Roberto Orci basically confirming that new characters can be thrown in on a whim makes me wonder...

2. megatronkicksas

megatronkicksas Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  3. Santoanderson

Aww crap, I'm juggling two windows between forums. Could someone nudge this to the movie forum? Gracias...

4. PrimePower04

PrimePower04 I got the touch!

waiting for this thread to start!!!

Im not sure it seems he may be which makes me very excited!!!

what alt mode is he...f-35??? ideas??

5. Santoanderson

Well, it's gonna get moved eventually, so why not start?

I really like that Breakaway design. Every other non canonical, not-in-movie "movie toy" just looks really linear, very G1-ish. There's been rumblings that the Autobots are going to get a little air support in this one (beside Jetfire). And a few months back we suddenly got some glimpses of Legends figures: Optimus, Jetfire, Bumblebee, and Springer? Wha?!?!

Now I see the legends Springer, and it looks even a little funky. The design is very G1-ish, with a simple non-Bayish transformation. Propellers for hands, etc... Breakaway, personally looks better than that, leading me to think that Breakaway has a good shot of being in the film.... on the other hand it is a Legend's figure, and Michael Bay loves the Osprey...

6. girafeswordsman

girafeswordsman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I like the guy, but my gut tells me hes not in the movie. Hopefully my gut is a lying bastard...

7. PrimePower04

PrimePower04 I got the touch!

I hope springer and breakaway are in but im 50/50!!!...we really have no way of knowing consdiering we dont know what military vehicles and why were being filmed...and im sure if there alt modes are those then a lot of them on screen will be CGI.

8. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    Some food for thought, Breakaway slightly resembles the early Starscream concept for the first movie by Ben Procter
    [​IMG]

9. kjeevahh

kjeevahh n/a

News Credits:
    there is also now a robot heroes toy of springer

10. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I strongly doubt we will see any military bots besides jetfire, and its likely he starts as a con

11. Starscreamer95

Starscreamer95 'Civil' Nintendo Fanboy

News Credits:
    Now that you mention it, he does.

But I doubt he'll be in the film, for some reason