So, Is anyone going to quit collecting over the FE and DOTM mess?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by wolfe, Feb 13, 2012.

?

Are you going to quit collecting because of the DOTM and FE mess?

1. Yes! Screw Hasbro and they lost my trust!

15 vote(s)
    4.2%
  2. No! Only third party for me, however!

7 vote(s)
    2.0%
  3. No! I love to collect and even with the screw ups there are still figures I still want.

306 vote(s)
    86.2%
  4. I haven't decided!

27 vote(s)
    7.6%
  1. wolfe

wolfe Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Someone posted in another thread that they were curious if anyone was going to actually quit collecting over this. I'm thinking some people have come to their senses after some a little time has passed? I bet there are more raging posts today, however.

2. thenatureboywoo

thenatureboywoo Veteran

News Credits:
    I stopped collecting a year ago when I realized I had too many.

3. Mr. Chaos

Mr. Chaos Force Ghost

News Credits:
    Third option. As I have stated before, while I disagree with many of Hasbro's actions, there are still figures I want (FOC figures). However, lines I was on the fence about I will not be purchasing, such as Prime.

4. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    If they canceled FE to give us RID figures which looks worse, and they canceled the rest of DOTM which are worse with the mech tech than ROTF figures and smaller and more expensive, I can see myself collecting less and less.

5. 0MEGATR0N

0MEGATR0N Robot/Gladiator

the more they cancel the less I buy,being they usually cancel the cool stuff.

6. UltimusPrime

UltimusPrime Banned

News Credits:
    I will just find a way to get it no matter what.

Japan and Asia usually find a way to release everything. Just import and go the Takara route!

7. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    It's going to be a long time before I give up the collecting bug. There's just too much stuff I enjoy about Transformers toys.

8. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    Pig roast.

9. Predakign2000

Predakign2000 All Hail Unicron!!!

I'm not buying Prime figures...
    I've got the only two DOTM figures I wanted....
    So I couldn't care less about the cancellations.....

10. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Lack of money or resources will cause to stop collecting, not a freny of canceled toys and fan angst.

I DO feel a bit more antsy about certain things and the desire to jump on stuff immediately, however, especially in the future with any "end of line" or year-end items, after what happened with First Edition and Dark of the Moon.

11. Zigholtul

Zigholtul I am the Waffle Maker

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Despite being just a little pissed off at Hasbro in regards to the constant cancellations of various lines, many of which are Asia exclusive (fucking ridiculous from a business perspective) there's still plenty of new stuff coming out, heck I'm actually warming up to the FOC Bruticus despite feeling let down at first. Personally I see it as a beginning step for better combiners in the future, just taking it one step at a time. Plus there's plenty of older stuff, many of which aren't too expensive yet still just as awesome, so my chances of dropping this hobby are slim to none. Hey it definitely beats alcohol and drugs any day of the week........almost. :p 

12. Insecticon

Insecticon I am a Transformers

Ebay:
    As much as I am annoyed by the news of these cancellations, I am still going to be loyal to the franchise. Hasbro is responsible for Transformers existing in the first place, and there are still fantastic Transformers out there that they have produced.

I'm not going to be shelling out big bucks for the cancelled figures though. I have my priorities elsewhere.

13. Thalack

Thalack Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    About the only thing that will stop me from collecting is when hasbro officially cancels transformers forever and even then, I'll stop collecting only after I finished picking up whatever remaining transformers are on the market that I still want.

14. Silk Spectre

Silk Spectre The Evil Queen

I can see myself collecting less.

I'm a movie collector first, so without a movie line going, I'm automatically not going to buy as much as I would. But I'd already skipped on several DOTM figures because of the smaller size and drop in quality.

I'm passing on the Prime RID line as a whole because I find the quality and gimmicks a turn off. If the line had been as strong as the FEs, I would have bought most of the figures.

The cancellations of figures + the drop off in quality and size + rising prices = me collecting a lot less.

I'll still buy Cyberverse, 'cause they look good and are cheaper. Best of both worlds. With FOC, I'll buy only the characters I really want or I feel are good. 40 Generations? I'll believe it when I see it.

Hasbro's turning me off with their decisions as of late. I'm not quitting, but for the near future I can't see myself buying as much as I have in the past.

I do have some 07 movie/ROTF stuff to catch up on, as well as other older figures, so I'll probably be putting more money into that.

15. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Um no, besides TF: Animated, I've been selective since the Beast Era ended. Only getting what I liked, so I'll just stay on that path.

16. Boy Blunder

Boy Blunder Hasbrown'd

I see you actually made the poll based on my question :lol 

17. Incepticon

Incepticon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No, I'm just taking a break from actively collecting any one line for what appears to be the entirety of 2012 since the the TFP line is such a letdown and I have no interest in those neon colored FOC Combaticons. Never bought any DOTM figures, so the cancellations don't affect me.

Just give me more Masterpieces and call me in 2013 when Generations properly comes back.

18. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Nope. Because I've got all the FE toys, didn't have a whole lot of interest in the cancelled DotM stuff, and the upcoming Prime Deluxes still look fantastic.

19. wolfe

wolfe Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I collect movie and non movie. Could you see your collecting increase if there is indeed a 4th installment (with toys?). I think another movie could be up to 3 years out giving everyone (retailers, fans) a chance to recover from the hundreds of movie toys. And then hit everyone with new ones :D .

20. SoundBlaster7

SoundBlaster7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Not at all. I really have no interest in TFP or DOTM figures, so I was not affected.
    However, I do sympathize with the fellow collectors. Hasbro can be a b**** sometimes.