So is Airachnid a triple changer or what?

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by Transformed, Jul 16, 2011.

1. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Her robot mode hasn’t changed a whole lot since she took on her helicopter mode. She still has her spider legs hanging from her back and she still walks around on her spider legs in half spider/robot form and she still shoots webbing too—the only change I’ve noticed is the reflective glass-like surface on her upper arms.

It’s a shame that only Airachnid has a theme and eerie one at that, and I think I like all the more for it. It isn’t the Imperial March, but it is a theme nonetheless and every cool villain/hero should have one! Megatron needs to lock one down, stat!

I wonder what the chances of Lawrence Fishburn voicing a character on Transformers Prime are, preferably an Autobot/Decepticon—for those of you that don’t know, his wife, Gina Torres, is the voice of Airachnid;)  I hope the powers that be make it happen!

2. Creaky

Creaky King of Puppies

News Credits:
    I think she's like an advanced human alliance - she's got her weapon mode (the drill), the vehicle (the chopper), the robot and a sort of mid-way transformation where she has the spiderlegs in robot mode.

I'm really excited to see how her toy turns out.

3. Skottech

Skottech Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    as far as I can tell her body hasn't changed any other than the addition of the copter alt (she did have the the mirrored panels on her shoulders when she first appeared in "predatory")

edit I'd call her a 2-1/2 changer

1. full humanoid robot
    2. Copter
    1/2. half-spider-ish mode which has the ability to tunnel for subterranean escapes.

4. updatedude

updatedude Well-Known Member

Yeah, she seems to be a regular 2 form Transformer to me. Her Mer-Spider mode's more of a fanmode. Like the Gerwalk modes you can get from Jetformers or even DotM Skyhammer's MerBot mode.

Drill mode isn't really a drill machine as far as I can tell. More along the lines of her spider legs being articulated enough to form a cone/point and the model being animated to spin and therefore "drill". Technically, you can pretend for any character/toy can raise an arm, spin around and "drill" things.

Of course, how Airachnid differs is that her "fanmode" and imagination power are canon.

5. StarryAqua

StarryAqua Former fandom follower

News Credits:
    All I can say is is if her toy doesn't have all the modes we've seen so far, there will be hell to play. HELL I TELLS YA!

6. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't know if in-universe she's called one, but I certainly hope the toy will pull off Robot, Spider-body and Helicopter modes.

7. Bumblethumper

Bumblethumper old misery guts

News Credits:

I think the toy is going to suck. Hasbro will probably have to shorten or fatten her spindly legs. And the design is so full of pointy bits, they'll probably use loads of rubbery plastic.

My expectations for this one are low.

8. caitlindevi

caitlindevi Sculpticon

News Credits:
    Shes the first 'Leg Former' if you don't count the Pantsformers

9. Boy Blunder

Boy Blunder Hasbrown'd

...Legformer? Pantsformers? Huh?

10. Team Prime

Team Prime Gosh, idiots...

In a way, she is, but at the same time, no.
    she has robot mode, copter mode, and beast mode.
    but her beast mode at the same time is a "eh" job. and needs to be redone A WHOLE LOT. seeing as thou it is just her on spider legs and and her 2 legs are morphed into the back of a spider really aint impressive... at least she has that acid venom thing at times.

11. Ribieconvoy

Ribieconvoy It's pronounced "ribby"

News Credits:
    That's because it's NOT a beast mode. It's simply a different form that she assumes that allows her to travel faster and more quietly during the hunt. The fact that it's spider-ish is just because, well, spiders fit those qualities. Also, it could help with instilling fear in her victims, which I' sure she doesn't mind. Also, she uses the abdomen portion of her spider mode as a drill, so it's not really useless.

12. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

yea sure she's a triple changer...

in the same way the transmetals were... :lol  remember rattraps wheel mode? not really much of a triple changer, more of a rat on wheels...

13. Boy Blunder

Boy Blunder Hasbrown'd

This.

Her spiderleg mode is just... an all-terrain mode, it seems. Also good for climbing. But she's just got it as an additional function of her kibbly bits. Same goes for her drilling ability.

14. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I don't know if she still has the ability to shoot acid or not (probably does), but she definitely still has her webbing.

I think it's weird that she cannot turn into a spider completely, seeing that she kept so many other features and abilities prior to become a helicopter. I guess I'll have to wait for another cartoon appearance to see if she's really ditched the whole mode or not.

15. theestampede

theestampede Wandering Artist

News Credits:
    much like skyquake they designed the character with the altmode already in mind and used those vehicles in show as military crafts to save money on the animation.

16. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Naturally, but this isn't something new. G1 did this way before CG animated cartoons came along...though unlike G1 cartoons, these newer ones do a better job of masking features.

17. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Uh, Airachnid used the spider mode a bunch of times in Metal Attraction. What makes you guys think she ditched it?

18. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The full spider mode? I recall seeing her half robot/spider mode, but not the full one. I would be happy to see the spider mode (though somewhat confused, as I believe she was a spider before she came to Earth).

I more inclined to believe she still has it for the reasons I said above, but she hasn’t used it in its full form of late, which is why I’m wondering if she’s a triple changer or not.

19. Ribieconvoy

Ribieconvoy It's pronounced "ribby"

News Credits:
    She was NEVER a full spider. Not even in flashbacks. I think you're mixing up Blackarachnia and Airachnid.

20. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Really? I guess I need to go back and watch past episodes (f^_^; )