So in Revenge of the Fallen Are they gonna show Starscream when he went into Space

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Chaos328, May 4, 2009.

1. Chaos328

Chaos328 Decepticon

News Credits:
    are they gonna show him actually getting Reinforcements from where ever he went at the end of the 1st film?

2. jadtdt

jadtdt Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I kinda think not. That was all covered quite thoroughly in the Reign of Starscream comics.

3. Chaos328

Chaos328 Decepticon

News Credits:
    but your average movie goer prob have not read that comic let alone knew one exist i havent read it my self either

4. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    The script for the movie probably doesn't cover it, so IDW did "Reign of Starscream" for the fans to fill that gap.

5. Chaos328

Chaos328 Decepticon

News Credits:
    So How will they introduce Starscream so it makes sense

6. Eastsider4eva

Eastsider4eva Well-Known Member

You would have to be pretty stupid to think SS would go anywhere else but cybertron for reinforcments.

I would also say 90% of the people who watch ROTF arnt out buying every transformers comic that comes out so the movie makes sense.

just chill out and wait for the movie im sure orci/bay etc know that alot of people havnt read reign of starscream

7. Chaos328

Chaos328 Decepticon

News Credits:
    Also remember not everyone stayed to see the Scene where they show StarScream entering orbit in space

8. Starscream NZ

Starscream NZ Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I wouldn't be surprised if there's another opening narration, in which it's at least briefly touched on, i'd assume basic points are mentioned:

Starscream retreated, gathered reinforcements
    Some retards and a few fembots replied to Prime's call
    Now they're trying to eliminate the Decepticon threat
    Bumblebee forgot how to speak English.

9. Eastsider4eva

Eastsider4eva Well-Known Member

hey there fellow kiwi not many of us around here.

its been confirmed opening scene is from aincent egyptian times.im guessing scenes of sunharvester being built and fallen rulling over mankind.

I dont know why ppl need everysingle plot point shown to them in the movies. SS got reinforcments there from a planet called cybertron...........is there anymore explanation needed or do u have to see it on screen to understand?

10. jonatron26

jonatron26 Well-Known Member

if ss got reinforcements from cybertron then that means cybertron is still used and not dead. and why would a planet die because the allspark left unles the planet was alive. wouldnt it be weird if cybertron turned into a robot? :p 

11. Optimus1986

Optimus1986 TMNT & Hulk Fanatic

It would be cooler if he just went to Mars and found some reinforcements on Nemesis.

12. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    True, assuming no one bothered to tell them about it after and they watched it on DVD/HBO. Even if the casual moviegoer doesn't remember that scene/has no idea about it, they may remember Starscream never died and just think he's hanging around Earth in disguise (or at least until he shows up with tattoos) and the reinforcements simply came to him.

13. Soundwaave

Soundwaave Banned

Maybe SS goes up into space. See's Soundwave scanning the bots coming down to earth and discusses some stuff ^_^

14. Cosmic Forge

Cosmic Forge Waiting for next TF game

SS: hey soundwave, long time no see!
    SW: Orole! where u been bro?
    SS: man, megatron just got owned by some punk humans, I'm off to get the posse.
    SW: ya mang, I saw. I got homies going down there now holmes. U know my cuz, devastator n shit, yo.
    SS: tiiiiiight!

15. transmetal2dinobot

transmetal2dinobot Sub-Commander

Ebay:
    :bay 
    awesome

16. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I'm going to guess not since the film is set one year after the first film.

It's all really a nice big plot hole as well so I think they will just ignore it and kind of dive right in with the new Decepticons arriving.

Lets say Starscream flys to Cybertron for more losers, I mean Decepticons. That's making the trip to another star, gathering an army, and getting back to our star system in only a year so they would have to all have some built in faster than light drive unless they get around to having space ships now or a space bridge that was totally ignored in the first film.

Lets say he calls for help. Once again a small plot problem of radio waves being slower than light or even if the message was sent at light speed it would still take far more than a year to get to the next star much less for the Decepticons to fly here.

Decepticons just hanging out on Mars doesn't really work either because if the cube is the thing so powerful that the fate of Cybertron depends on it then why would you just sit on Mars when Megatron gave his call out to the Decepticons.

17. Unfall

Unfall Shattered Glass

They'll probably cover what Starscreams been up to in the prologue.

18. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    If anything the Prime prologue will cover the events of the first movie, end with something like "But little did we know......it was only the beginning...." and see Starscream in jet mode flying into Earth's orbit.

19. Rogzilla

Rogzilla Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I find it far more likely that they will just have a line of dialogue or so that explains what happens to Starscream. Really, a prolouge where a character gives voice over exposition is pretty lazy.

The one at the start of the last movie was completely unneeded because all that information was repeated at one point or another in the actual story.

20. kjeevahh

kjeevahh n/a

News Credits:
    yep, all they need is some dialogue that references 'starscream's forces' or something like that