So I'm going to a new School Today/Tomorrow

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by JetFormers, Aug 27, 2012.

1. JetFormers

JetFormers « Ultima Ratio Hecate »

News Credits:
    Yea..Sadly I'm one the few bunch here that are going back to school soon, us Texans start today Monday the 27th, besides the point I need some advice here. I'm currently transferring to a new school since, I moved during the summer into a new house, but how should I be prepared for this? It was much easier when I moved from one state to another, but that was only because I was like 3rd grade, but now I'm 17 and going to a whole different high school. I was never great on making friends, I was just notice a lot since I'm a DJ. I don't know if I should be scared or that I should be excited since I'm starting fresh and new. So any advice for a Teen or others in my position that's totally going to a different school?

2. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Airachnid's ratservant

News Credits:
    Honestly, the best thing you can do at this point is roll with it. Like, its undoubtedly gonna be hard on you in some aspects, but it could easily end up working in your favor like it did for quite a few people I know.

Plus, if you're not moving to a different city/state or anything like when you were little, its not like much will really be changing in your life, so again, just roll with it. :) 

3. Wrecker217

Wrecker217 Heart Like a Hand Grenade

News Credits:
    Instant 100+ friends: join a club or JROTC.

4. BooyakaDragon

BooyakaDragon I Don't Even Know

News Credits:
    Unleash your Texan Pride! :) 

5. doomboy536

doomboy536 Universe Onslaught fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Join a club and bring food to share on your first day.

6. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Be social. Don't just sit alone and wait for people to come up to you. Introduce yourself. Look for people doing or talking about something that interests you. Join clubs, talk to people in class or before/after, etc. etc.

I mean, worst case scenario, you're only going to be at this school for another year, right? What do you have to lose?

7. edf

edf Well-Known Member

Good luck! I didnt change schools in HS, but in middle school.

Id just be yourself, and you will find someone who you will be comfortable starting a conversation with. If you dont feel right going to the big group- find a small group and just walk up and introduce yourself. I am sure they will prolly ask stuff like you new here, what school did you previously go to... ect. Just go with it. Observe who would seem to be someone like you and all...

What I use now to break the ice is my snake breeding hobby- it takes the egde off. Perhaps use your DJ hobby in that way...

But, i can;t offer anything from my past experiences, b/c my move to a new school was pretty bad. A bully who constantly picked on me moved to the same school the same year. I am a wallflower, shy, have horrible social skills, and had buck teeth then braces, not to mention i didnt do anything fancy with my hair. I wish I walked up to a group and started talking- looking back it would have been a better route.

In the end- you only have one more year. I am sure you will do much better then I did. It just may take a few years.

Hope your first day goes well!

8. Eigo Risu

Eigo Risu Less than meets the eye

Ebay:
    at 17 i'd think you have a much easier time making new friends and/or avoiding drama then if you were a few years younger. you're old enough to be able to just be yourself around people, and take each other at face value.

just be yourself, join some clubs/groups if they're of interest to you, i'm sure you'll fall in with people you can hang out with. 17 is a good time to get a fresh start (at 17 i left school and went to a college for two years. it was the best thing i ever did up to that point, as everyone was in the same boat; got to know tons of people and made loads more friends than i ever had in school)

9. Rusty24

Rusty24 Well-Known Member

Here in Pennsylvania, it is also our first day. I wish you the best of luck at your new school.

10. igniz1984

igniz1984 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Watch this and learn

[​IMG]

11. GreednGluttony

GreednGluttony grumpy smurf

assert your dominance by takeing down the biggest guy there

12. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    Be Careful who you share your lunch with. Because back when I was in school my classmate threatened to not be my friend if I don't give them my lunch. I give them my lunch but they are still not my friends. I give them my candy, my cookies, my chicken nuggets, after that they never want me around them.

Even the time I gave someone my Beast Wars Rattrap in exchange for a Pokemon model that he never gave me still ticks me off today.

13. KnightSaberAmi

KnightSaberAmi Nyan Nyan

I was always sat in the back of class raising hell, not sure if that helps. Nowadays its a surefire way of getting expelled, so don't do that.

14. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I still have one more week to go till i go back to school.

15. JetFormers

JetFormers « Ultima Ratio Hecate »

News Credits:
    Thanks for the tips guys! It was also interesting to read a bit of your guys back story in high school as well.