So I'm finally entering the world of MMOs

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Primevil, May 4, 2006.

1. Primevil

Primevil *Insert Witty Title Here*

Ebay:
    I never thought I would get into MMOs, but here I am, waiting for my 7-Day City of Villains Free Trial to finish installing. It happened because I actually know someone who plays it and CoH, and kinda persuaded me to try it out. Seeing as how I'm already into comic books, I think what did it was the fact that CoH and CoV cost $15 together if you play both, not to mention he told me something about MMOs that I never knew: I can suspend my account if I can't afford it or don't think I'm getting my money's worth, but still keep my characters and stats if I want to go back. For some reason I was under the impression that it was either pay and play, or quit altogether.

Unfortunately, I'll have to wait until late tonight to play since I have class and a They Might Be Giants concert to go to. Oh well, it'll give me time to come up with a new villain name since I found out that "Synapse" is an in-game character.

2. gil

gil Godmaster

How do you suspend your play? Is it just for the City of Villians/Heroes games, because I have World of Warcraft, and I'm not really in to it. I always thought MMO games weren't for me, but I tried it anyway, and it was good for about two weeks (well four days to be more acurate), but I stopped playing and forgot my password and username to get to my account (I have no idea why I used something different then the password and username to get in the actual game) and I still think I'm paying for it. Oh yeah, this was two months ago.

Anyway, can I suspend my account for WoW. Because, I really want to play, just don't feel the urge. And I don't want to start all over everytime I feel that urge.

3. Cheetatron

Cheetatron Eh

How did you get a 7 day trial of COV I have been meaning to play that forever now cept I dont wanna pay.

4. Primevil

Primevil *Insert Witty Title Here*

Ebay:
    I've no idea how to do anything with WoW since I don't play it. But now I remember that "cancel billing cycle" is a bit more accurate than "suspend account".

As for the 7-Day Free Trial, there's an ad in different Marvel books with a link. http://www.cityofvillains.com/promos/marvel

5. Cheetatron

Cheetatron Eh

oh yeah thx for the link to free COV

6. Cheetatron

Cheetatron Eh

sry doublepost

7. Jux

Jux Please, call me Steve. Veteran

I mocked MMORPG's for years.

And now I play CoV regularly. Twin Twist hooked me up with a 14 day trial, and I bought it with two days left.

8. DevilzFan

DevilzFan CobraIsland.com Veteran

Here's a link to another CoV free trial:

http://www.mmorpg.com/cov_trial.cfm?fp=1440,900,1146862263741,20060505165103

I'm back playing it every day again. I go in spurts. The game tends to get repetitive at times, but I always had SWG going up against it for my time. Now that SWG is dead to me, CoH/CoV have my full attention again.

Got a Hero, Lvl 20 Tanker on Virtue, and a Villain, Lvl 14 Mastermind on Virtue. Those are the main ones I play anyways.

9. Primus

Primus Beware, the modelers. Veteran

News Credits:
    kiss your life goodbye :( 

10. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    But in a good way. :D 

11. Cheetatron

Cheetatron Eh

I just about got to the end of my 7 day trial which i used to upgrade my heroes account. It was pretty fun. I created Cheetatron X as A PB in heroes got up to lvl 6 and was like eh its time to try out villains.

I created The "Liege Cheetatron X" as a Robotics/Traps Master Mind and now he's at lvl 17. Master Minds kick so much ass, it had never been this much fun to lvl an alt and i was able to get up to like 13 without dying even once. I play on vicious and got up to lvl 15 without dying solo.

Robotics/Traps is a godly combination. Dont get pulse rifle as your first robotics power and only enhance your attack powers for accuracy before DOs come along.

12. racbgar

racbgar Well-Known Member

IMO if ur a busy person and have a minimal income don't play an MMO that costs u. I did that with ToonTown ($10/month) but once i found out about Fiesta Online and how it is free to download and play i quit my ToonTown account and made one for Fiesta the only thing u have to pay for is optional and that is what they sell in the store and yea there r some items that help u lvl like exp boost cards, HP/SP extenders, reset scrolls, ect. but i have seen ppl cap w/o help it is harder yes but it can be done.

13. Savanna

Savanna Want to Touch my Wankel?

Your Post, today, previous Post, 2006. Thoughts?

14. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This is possibly the most zombie power I have ever seen used.