so I'm a bit out of the loop with Online shopping

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by ginrai, Dec 14, 2010.

1. ginrai

ginrai lost with no way home.

Ok, what I'm looking for.. is well.. a store which will sell me the new Tracks and Jazz toys.. Online..

But I don't want to pay 17.99 each for them. I've been to Walmart's website and Target's website and Toys R' Us's website.. none of them have them.. and all the Online stores that are advertised on this website.. are all outrageously expensive.. but not as bad as Amazon..

Are there any stores which will sell me these figures, somewhere in the range of retail? I'm not asking for 9.00$ like wal-mart I don't have a problem with a little mark up.. but I don't want to feel like I'm getting hosed here..

Collecting classics/generations is getting nearly as expensive as collecting the original toys..

2. Brainchild

Brainchild Dark Flame Master

You can probably find some locally with a little bit of hunting. They were just recently released, so that would be your best bet.

3. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
  4. ginrai

Right, obviously yes I could. But the reason I want to buy them online is because I don't want to have to drive 20 miles to go to a store where there are six million people with the flu all trying to fight over the last tickleme furbalongmo beiber-mon or whatever the current hot toy of the year is..

I'd looked and the only thing I saw was on Market place for like 34.99 But I'll look again. thanks.

5. hailstarscream

hailstarscream UNICRONIAN

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    target.com has him for $9

6. superpunch

superpunch Banned

hate the uk for prices you guys get your stuff so cheap

7. Master Blaster

Master Blaster Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Indeed. $1 =/= £1 goddamnit.

If you think you get hosed paying $17 for deluxes, I just dropped £32 on Tracks and Jazz.

That's about fifty fucking dollars!

8. superpunch

superpunch Banned

erhmmmmm where did you get them from or they pre- ordered?

9. Manok

Manok Well-Known Member

Just drive to target. Buy some milk to justify the trip.

10. ginrai

Yeah and when I come to the UK I get screwed because I have to pay double for EVERYTHING, but I feel it's a worthwhile expenditure to visit your country, so I try not to complain about it.

I'm not trying to belittle the fact you guys have to pay excessive amounts for stuff, but still it's not applicable in this situation. I've grown up with Deluxes costing between 8.99 for their equivalent in the 80's to 7.99-11.99 .. over the last decade.. I don't feel they are worth more than that. You obviously do or you wouldn't spend the sort of money you do on them.

11. Murasame

Murasame CHIMICHANGAS

News Credits:
    I paid for Scourge and Jazz (United versions) 21,99 Pounds each, that is 51,56 Euros, which is 68,88 Dollars. Without shipping.

I'd love to get toys so cheap like you do guys...

12. jamspeed

jamspeed is so beast!

Ebay:
    Just wait for them at the store, they will be clogging the shelves after Christmas.
    If you want it now and shipped to you it's going to cost you. I can't remember the last time I paid much over 10$ for a deluxe, and I always find all the figures at the store no problem, Target and Walmart work great for this as I get shopping done and grab a toy when I can.

13. MetroBub

MetroBub 49ers Fan

It's not 1980 anymore. It is called inflation...... Like it or not. It is gonna happen.

And i found the tracks on amazon with Valkysas's link no problem at all....

14. Manok

Manok Well-Known Member

tracks is on amazon for 9 bucks. if you used the new parent promotion you also have three months of amazon prime for free 2 day shipping.

15. ginrai

Yes obviously, but the toys are between 9.00 and 11.99 in stores. That is roughly the same as what they have been since the very first autobot cars came out. Optimus Prime was roughly a 22$ toy, Voyagers are still about 22$ for toy of the same size. Transformers have risen less than postage stamps in terms of inflation over the last 25 years.

And he didn't have that link in his post initially, he edited it after I asked him for the link. I quoted his first reply in my response to him. And I appreciated the link. I'll be getting tracks in the mail at some point in the next week or so.

Also, seriously, people from the UK, I get it, you have to pay a lot for toys. I don't really think anyone is forcing you to buy them anymore than they are me. I'm not willing to pay more than 12$ for a deluxe, therefore I won't order it from any of the online stores that want more than that. If you think paying 30$ for a Deluxe is worth it.. thats up to you entirely.. If I lived in the UK I doubt I would be collecting Transformers. I might be collecting Warhammer or something still.. since Games Workshop doubles the sticker price of EVERYTHING they sell before selling it in the US.

16. Shinobi Rendar

Shinobi Rendar Artobot

News Credits:
    There's also Hasbro Toy Shop. You just have to be alert when they come in stock. I bet walmart.com will be catching up pretty soon since most of the tf toys are out of stock.

17. ginrai

Ahh, thanks well i got Jazz from hasbro Toyshop for 12.84 so I'm pretty happy with that. It's what I would have paid for him at K-mart if they hadn't have been retarded about it and claimed it had been 'Recalled due to being old' since it wasn't in their system..

I missed getting Tracks from Amazon though. But I'll keep an eye out.

Basically, I just don't want a repeat of what happened to me with Ratchet and Inferno last time the Classics toys were around. I never found them in stores at all, and now they both sell for silly amounts of money.

18. Dormamu

Dormamu I am Broot.

News Credits:
    Not to drag this thread on, but that made me laugh a lot Ginrai. And it's exactly the reason why I nearly stopped running to stores to find figures.

Also the second reason why I stopped going to stores. My 'run myself ragged' figures were Animated Arcee and MP Grimlock. Just keep an eye open. Walgreens started stocking Tracks at $14.99, but now we're starting to see sightings at Targets, etc, so keep an eye open on HTS (where I got him and Jazz from) and I think you'll make out in the end.

And yes, we all agree, UK gets the shaft harder than Fort Max when it comes to collecting for Transformers. Someone should try to get hold of Takara and try to talk sense into creating a better international store, not just for the US.

19. ginrai

I used to be one of those obsessive people who went to 3-4 stores a day every day looking for stuff.. on days off from work I'd sometimes go to 3-4 Walmarts, 2-3 Targets, 2 Toys R' us, 2 KB Toys, and a whole bunch of other places.. But it just got to the point where It dawned on me I didn't enjoy doing that.. and Also transformers changed dramatically between when I did that, and now.. but I've now bookmarked HTS and will just keep an eye out for the items I want. It will be much easier.

apart from Classics figures I've not actually bought a TF toy... dropping easily from 2000$ a year to just around 100$ a year.. not to mention how much I saved on gas and lunches out..

20. Master Blaster

Master Blaster Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    What you don't realise, probably because you don't know, is that deluxes here shouldn't cost £16, standard retail is around £10-£12. But everywhere is ramping up the prices on these two cos they're really popular, which is unfair.

We've grown up with the same deal dude.