So, If they didn't want Mass Shifting...

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by MECHADOOM, Jul 12, 2007.

1. MECHADOOM

MECHADOOM I'm Doombot and I know it

...then why include it for the Allspark? Seriously, isn't it a little upsetting that they made this big deal about not including Soundwave because "a microcassette recorder turning into a 30ft robot is not believeable", but then the Allspark can condense from this HUGE cube into a little box that a human can carry under his arm? Just a little bit of inconsistancy I noticed. Sorry if it's been mentioned before, but I checked the Thread titles for about 10 pages, and saw no mention.

2. NIDARAM12

NIDARAM12 Robot art guy

News Credits:
    IMO I think the reason is that most moviegoers can accept the Allspark because it is this magical, mystical "Jesus cube" artifact. Its not as "silly" as a humanoid robot shrinking down into a little weapon or item. But you have a point

3. azjoe

azjoe More than meets the eye.

IMHO, I think the writers were stuck and wanted an easy way to make it plauseable that Sam could carry this around. Silly writters, didn't think we'd notice :rolleyes2 

4. StefanXPrime

StefanXPrime Hater of all things G1

i would rather have the god like power cube do that than soundwaves ass doing it. It would look retarted if a tape player grew into a robot 30 feet tall IMO.

5. Ziero

Ziero TFW2005 Supporter

I'm still wondering how something as big as a robot's head became a cell phone.

For the Allspark, I'll accept it, super ancient mystery cube. For a robot, I don't want to see it.

6. Kaijumaster

Kaijumaster 335

News Credits:
    yeah! remember people. God Cubes, Giant Robots and Sam getting Mikeala are all within the realm of plausability.... but Mass-shifting? Please!

7. ZecksKitty

ZecksKitty Banned

Oh know right? The All Spark is bunk. Everyone should have mash shifting powers, and Hell, super magic life powers too!

Everyone gets everything whee!!

8. redsquadron

redsquadron Token idiot...

*Sigh*
    The Allspark shrinks geometrically, collapsing in on itself using many, many smaller cubes. Merely from a sense of visual credibility, it's already got one over a Transformer that would have to literally shrink before the audience's eyes...
    It took a few frames to get a cel-animated 'bot to shrink. Imagine how many CGI frames that would be needed to get it smooth enough in the 'real world' (and it would still look dumb!)?

Last edited: Jul 12, 2007
  9. cambaprecoz

cambaprecoz Well-Known Member

we-he-he-ell, we meet again "allspark issue"

10. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    In my opinion, it makes sense. It can make life and new worlds. I can understand if it can change it's size too. A robot on the other hand, I would rather not see mass-shift. Especially Soundwave, lol.

11. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    If you were an ancient cube of raw godlike power, capable of breathing life into entire planets, you'd be able to do whatever the hell you want to as well.

12. Eric

Eric RIP AND TEAR!!!

News Credits:
    Therefore, it must be mass-shifting.

13. Prisoner1138

Prisoner1138 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Who says it was mass shifting? It was just big, doesn't mean it was heavy.

The biggest problem I see with mass shifting, isn't that a cassette deck turning into a 30 foot tall robot. The biggest problem is a cassette deck a human can pick up, turning into a 30 foot tall robot weighing multiple tons.

You never really saw the interior of the allspark, for all you know it was hallow with crazy thing walls made out of some uber nano-tube material or whatever.

14. Mike

Mike Banned

Ebay:
    the allspark collapsing on itself looked dumb. pieces jsut magically clipped through each other

15. Pauly T

Pauly T Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If it wasn't heavy Sector 7 would not have had to build Hoover Dam around it. They could have hid it anywhere they wanted to.

16. Muzzy

Muzzy Member

you do know that mass isnt weight right? its the amount of matter in an object. for example, the mass of a glass of water and then some steam with the same mass can be different sizes, because gas can expand to fill its container.

17. E Nice

E Nice Well-Known Member

Wasn't it also plowing its way through asteroids?

18. Prisoner1138

Prisoner1138 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    What?

How does the weight of something determine the type of structure you build around it? They specifically said that the hoover dam was that big and dense, to hide the energy signature of it, not because it was heavy. I'm also pretty sure that if they knew how to make it fold it, they probably would have.

If I want to surround a 50'x50'x50' cube made of legos, I could use the same building to house it if it were made of lead. The only difference would be the foundation of the building.

As for the asteroids.. maybe it just only found the ones made outta dirt? /shrug

19. bobby_C

bobby_C Well-Known Member

The Allspark is *precisely* a tribute to the mass-shifting of old, and it's justified by its godly powers.

20. Dinobot Nuva

Dinobot Nuva Johnny 3 Tears Veteran

News Credits:
    Pretty sure they said mass shifting only counted for the actual robots, but y'know, bitch away folks.
    At least with the second movie they'll try to do Soundwave "right" and not make him human sized or a helicoptor (which I would've been fine with either way).
    DN