So I was on IGN today(Spider-man 3 related)

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Cheetatron, Feb 24, 2007.

1. Cheetatron

Cheetatron Eh

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/766/766651p1.html
    The 360/PS3 version looks pretty damned good for a sandbox game. If they keep the webbing system from number 2 and drop the inane side missions then this is a must buy.

Coincidently while on a totally different part of IGN i found this http://ps3.ign.com/articles/766/766675p1.html
    Sugei Desune.
    Without a doubt this is the version that I will be getting.
    Playing as Harry in the role of the goblin was probably my favorite part of the first movie game.

2. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Moderator

Hmn, I think I'll be getting this on the PS3 :D 

3. pscoop

pscoop Dead inside

News Credits:
    I will too. I like Spiderman 2 for PS2 but agree the side missions got old. But that web swinging sure was fun. Imagine that mechanic with PS3 graphics and I am sold. :rock 

4. Shipley

Shipley No Topic Required

News Credits:
    I'll rent it. I've yet to find a superhero game that can really hold my attention.

5. DevilzFan

DevilzFan CobraIsland.com Veteran

I've loved most of the recent Spidey games (The 2 previous movie games, Ultimate Spidey, and the 2 Playstation Spidey's)

I'm curious to see what the playstyle will be like for the Wii. So it's a toss up between getting it for Wii or 360.

6. Omnibus Prime

Omnibus Prime I'm too old for this shit TFW2005 Supporter

:peoples: 

Ooh, thwiipmote action maybe?

7. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

So, the Goblin's controls will be based around tilting the controller. Odd that they wouldn't include that on the Wii, isn't it? Of course that decision has absolutely nothing to do with Sony owning the film ;) 

8. McBradders

Yet, incredibly, Activision hold the game rights, and have done so since inception. I beleive they even held the rights for any sequels, actual or intended, from day 1.

Sony don't make games of their own media. Which is the -real- weird conspiracy here.

9. flamepanther

I'm sure that Sony Pictures has a part somewhere in that deal though, especially where the other extras (the interviews, movie clips, and such) are concerned. That's not to say with 100% certainty that Sony is forcing anybody's hand, but exclusive content like this doesn't happen for no reason.
    Considering Sony barely makes their own games at all, I don't think that's weird. They can also probably make more money off of a multi-platform release than they could off of a totally PlayStation exclusive game, so handing their properties off to someone else makes a lot of sense.

10. McBradders

Dude, Sony have a major games studio in every one of their territories. Thats 1 in America, one in Japan, and one in the UK. I know the UK studio puts out at least 3 titles a year. America is churning out at least as many, and Japan again.

And Sony pictures have -nothing- at all to do with SCEJ, SCEA or SCEE. Just like Sony/BMG have nothing at all to do with SCEJ, SCEA, SCEE or Sony Pictures.

Imagine a hydra.... but with dismembered heads, all doing their own thing.

11. flamepanther

Yet they consistently fail to build a strong first-party library for their consoles or to draw much (positive) attention for their PC exclusive titles. Relative to most successful console developers, Sony's first-party hits are few and far between.
    "Nothing" is an exaggeration, of course. Sony Pictures has a vested interest in the success of Blu-Ray, an end that PS3 is supposed to be championing. You don't think that Sony Pictures has any interest at all in making sure there are extra incentives to buy the PS3 version? Absolutely none?

12. McBradders

Sony aren't the only picture house involved in Blu-Ray.

Also, SoE is owned by Sony Pictures, and has nothing to do with... anything else, as before.

And no, sorry, I don't think there is any "tin foil hat" trickery at work here, either the Wii is getting the exact same functionality and it has been skipped over in the press release, or the designers are retards. Spider-Man 3 is not even close to being something that even Sony would consider to being some kind of killer app to fend off the Wii with.

13. flamepanther

"Tinfoil hat" nothing. It's a business deal. Of a sort that happens all the time. With companies besides Sony. Console developer A gives game developer B a moderate kickback of some kind (which may not be in the form of money) in exchange for exclusive content or an earlier release of a high-profile game. In this case, some of that exclusive content is owned and provided by a related company. There's no conspiracy and it's not a big deal.

14. McBradders

I honestly think you're overthinking it in this case.

15. flamepanther

I think you were reading too much into my initial comment.

16. McBradders

Yegods, mayhaps I was :( 

17. Boardwise

Boardwise is scary - Sig Killer - M Super Mod

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I loved Spidey 2 and have high hopes for this.
    And after reading that it looks like I'm not going to be disappointed.

Though what I'd really love is the 360 to be backwards compatible with Spidey 2.

18. ambushbug74

ambushbug74 Stroke me, Stroke me! TFW2005 Supporter

Damn Flamepanther and Twin Twist, you can cut the sexual tension with the a knfe between them.

You never know, it could happen. Isn't Ultimate Spidey backwards compatable now too? And as for the Goblin, it seems cool, but nothing I wouldd buy a PS3 for, as of yet.

19. Boardwise

Boardwise is scary - Sig Killer - M Super Mod

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I think Ult Spidy is backwards compatible as of the last update.
    Just wish Spidey 2 would make the cut soon.

20. Brandon

Brandon This is important work.

Coolness. I've really liked all the Spider-Man movie games along with Ultimate Spider-Man and this one looks to be great as well. Plus, rocket-firing-ninjas FTW!