So I was in Boston Last Week.....

Discussion in 'Transformers Conventions and Get Togethers' started by Baccala1976, Jun 16, 2008.

1. Liokaiser

Liokaiser Moderator

News Credits:
    I thought of this idea too. :D 

2. BlitzFire

BlitzFire Herald of Unicron

News Credits:
    bah...bring it up to canada...preferably easter ontario...as that would be within good driving range lol

although we have Toronto TFcon...but thats ok...more tf cons ftw!

3. funkatron101

funkatron101 TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    I think Chicago is a good central location.

4. Liokaiser

Liokaiser Moderator

News Credits:
    As long as the weather is good for flights. :D 

5. gen1fan

gen1fan G1 PRIME FROM VA TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    1st off, FP only has 1 night that has something going on after the dealer room close. WHich is the saturday night awards/ dinner party. I know a lot of people that did not get the primus packages this year once all the 08 sets were sold out. So they want somewhere else to go party at. plus there were a few people that did not get primus packages for the wife/ girlfriend/ kids etc. So they were the only ones that could go to the awards party and evening time is for the family.

2nd off FP has nothing to do with the room partys other then them giving us somewhere to post what room and what you have for sale. AS a host of a parts party we go out of our way to make our party the best one on thursday and friday nights.

3rd off Yes some of fans DO want to go out and relax at a club, bar , nice resturant. Hotel food is way to high , and the dam bar prices for drinks were high too.

6. Baccala1976

Baccala1976 Well-Known Member

I agree, there were a couple of nights that me and aprim were looking for something to do and there was nothing. Boston offers a lot to do especially on Boylston street. Lots of homegrown resturants and nightlife.

7. gen1fan

gen1fan G1 PRIME FROM VA TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Yes even tho MegaMus and Myself host our own parts party we tied to find some where to go wine down after the great true out on thursday night, there was nothing open. We had the same problem on friday we had to walk 5 or 6 blocks til we found a nice place to eat

8. LoungeLizard

LoungeLizard Insert clever title here.

Ebay:
    I'll throw my selfish suggestion out. How about Indianapolis? Large convention center. fun night life. Cross roads of several main highways. Having grown up in ohio and now lived in indiana for several years, i can say Indy is better than cinci, with more things to do, etc. Even better would be bloomington Indiana (where i live). :)  Its actually a great college town, but of course no air port or major high ways, so its not an optimal choice, but its a great place for night life/ culture, and there are several places the con could take place. Chicago also seems to make sense as it is centraly located.

9. CrossRook

CrossRook Well-Known Member

Yeah but NYC is alive and kicking all the time. Boston at least closes shop for a few hours. ;) 

10. Baccala1976

Hey, I'm with you! I would love for them to have it at the Javits, it would take me all of 10 min to get there and I wouldn't have to get a Hotel to boot! But I know FP will never have it in NYC.

11. Super_Megatron

Super_Megatron Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Big cities are more expensive to run a Con in, look at the history of where FP has run BotCon the last few years and it's a pretty good indicator that somewhere like St. Louis is going to be considered before Philly.

12. t4e

t4e Well-Known Member

I go to Boston every year (in feb when it's freezing!). Really nice place. Is that the Hynes Convention Centre you're talking about?

I've never made Botcon before, but if it ever ended up in Boston I'd defo make the trip as I know my way around the city pretty well. :) 

13. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    ^^ That kinda makes sense. Low tourist attraction of an older city + appeal of a convention aimed at a young audience = PROFIT

14. Baccala1976

I think it is the Hynes convention center. It was in the Back Bay area near the Prudential Center.

15. unicron's blues

unicron's blues I need to get rich!

Like Super Megs said, it doesn't make sense to have it in a overly large city, and one of the reasons why places like Las Vegas, NYC probably won't be considered is that there'd be too much competition for your money, FP wants you to spend as much at the convention as possible. Plus I have to think that Boston is out since FP just had it in PRovidence, which is what, like an hour away? Might as well just have it in Providence again if thats the case seeing as how its Hasbro's HQs.