So I was at Wal-Mart tonight

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by shadow panther, Jun 7, 2008.

1. shadow panther

shadow panther Mechanically Insane

News Credits:
    So I was at Wal-Mart tonight and lo and behold there was a huge palet of Animated waiting to be put out on the shelves. suddenly the palet starts to wheel away and begins to head back into the stock room I asked what the deal was the guy said they had no room on the shelf for them.

BECAUSE OF ALL THE GODDAMN MOVIE TOYS CLOGGING THE SHIT OUT OF THE GODDAMN SHELVES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I FUCKING KNEW THIS WAS GOING TO HAPPEN.

anyone else experiencing this in thier area??

2. twee

twee Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    lol, you know it's going to be a negative thread when the title is "So I was at Wal-Mart tonight".

Anyway, I actually think that may be the case for my local 24hr Wal-Mart. Initially they had a whole row of pegs dedicated to Deluxe Animateds, but throughout the week the shelf space has been decreasing and decreasing until today, when there was only one peg dedicated to the Animated toys. All the other pegs? Filled to the brim with Movie Legends figures and shelfwarming Premium Movie figs.

3. Synical

Synical Well-Known Member

Yeah, I stopped through wal-mart tonight and after taking a look at the aisle full of Hulk figures that won't sell, I just shook my head and walked away.

4. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    its not an issue of movie toys taking the space of animated. Because of the early release there probably is not a place for these figures in the aisle yet. Im sure animated will get its fair share of floor space once the aisle reset in late june. Why late june? Star wars lines and universe 2.0 launch

5. MaikeruSan

MaikeruSan KnightStalker

News Credits:
    Let me tell you what to do. I actually did this. You walk buy evey fre minutes put five figures in the buggy. Hid them through out the store. Repeat till most are gone. Keeps the pegs open, even thought the figures wont be sold.

6. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This just gets them annoyed at finding figures throughout the store. They are still listed in the computer as being present.

If you really want to get them out of the store, buy them and return them at another location you don't normally go to.

7. Brawlastator

Brawlastator it is our life - jon bovi

News Credits:
    Same here with my Walmart. I found 3 Bulkheads sitting on top of the aisle (where it says "Ask for assistance to reach"). I easily reached up there and plucked one off the shelf. I took to the back of the store and asked if there were "any more like this one".

And guess what.

They have two truckloads of the stuff back there! Thay said they aren't even going to put them out until next week, because of the other crap clogging the shelfs. I happily left with the one Bulkhead that I found, eager to get out of the 100 degree back room. Here's hoping I find some good stuff in Florida next week!

8. MaikeruSan

MaikeruSan KnightStalker

News Credits:
    Could sneak the figures into the bathroom then flush them.

9. Razerwire

Razerwire 99 Problems... Super Mod

News Credits:
    I have no doubt that the two Wal*Marts clostest to me will not carry Animated until their choked up movie shelves get sold.

Which means I probably won't see Animated stuff there until next year.

10. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    They didn't hae space for them so they shoved them anywhere there was space.

11. videriant

videriant Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i've seen several walmarts put them on the endcap, don't know how much longer that'll last.

12. Kingplay

Kingplay Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Went to a few, saw a lot of leftover ratchets and 2-packs

13. Inverse Midas

Inverse Midas Jettisoning weight!

The Walmart nearest me placed TF Animated endcaps in the childrens toy area. I guess they were hell-bent on getting those guys out.

14. CdnShockwave

CdnShockwave The Prince of Poses TFW2005 Supporter

Those Wal-Mart employees I bribed have done well. Muahaha!!

15. T16skyhopp

T16skyhopp Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    mine had the pallets out thurs night, i grabbed a case of wv2 deluxes cause they were near the end and grabbed a ratchet. saw wave 3 voyagers deep within so went back fri early. luckily they put out the voyagers and 2 packs and a random end cap, but all the deluxes def went back into the stockroom for the same reason.

16. Ecmagee1984

Ecmagee1984 Big E

Ebay:
    When to walmart last night when they were putting them out and some guy had one of each in a shopping cart.

17. sonny318

sonny318 Cobra Cyber Viper

Ebay:
    I just unpack them from the pallet myself.There was a whole pallet of just animated figs and it went to the back.The overnight crew takes breaks at 12am 2am and 4am since I'm a vampire it helps to stay up late.Most of the time they're always smoking outside or playing with the Rock Band display instead of unpacking these figs so I help them out :D 
    [​IMG]

18. Johnator

Johnator 'Til All Are Gone!

I honestly couldn't care less about the Animated stuff but I just had to say Sonny your sig pic is AWESOME. :D 

19. IhsantheCursed

IhsantheCursed Banned

Thats not only probly ineffective (since they will just find them , and place them back on the pegs), but also quite inconsiderate dude. Those folks work for a living.

Anyhow, why dont the OP just go politly ask the stocker to give you some stuff off the pallet? I did this when I used to collect Mrvel Legends and the lady said: "No problem sir."

Im telling ya'll THAT works the best.

20. Blitzwing256

Blitzwing256 Triple changer

mr 5/5 protection from white is correct,

in fact hiding shit around the store like a 2 year old is probably the worst thing you can do, stores work on a replensihment system and if say 10 deluxe class figures have not been sold they will never replenish from the warehouse (contrary to popular opinionn replenisment doesn't involve a guy decided what to and what not to order, its automated to a degree based on sales), and yeah the best way to get your toys is to simply ask the stocker people if you can take something off the palet thats on the floor, unless they are a total dicklunch they'll be glad to let you do thier job for them, just don't be a troll and leave a mess when you're done.