so, I think I'm about to get the aircraft carrier...

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by ckhtiger, Dec 11, 2008.

1. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

yes, that's right, THE aircraft carrier-the USS Flagg. a guy I work with has one in his garage, and apparently it has it's box and is complete. now, I seriously doubt it actually is complete, but I need some advice on what to do.

see I just barely have the room for this thing, and never thought the opportunity to get one would show up. he also has no desire to keep it, but also doesn't know what it's worth, but has asked me what it's value is, to which I replied vaguely, "it all depends on the condition and how complete it is." he's mentioned that he doesn't want a ton of money for it, but also basically doesn't want to get totally ripped off for it either.

so let's say that it's about 80% complete with some wear, and it's from a guy that I'm friends with at work (even though I'm his manager) what would you say a decent amount would be to give him for it? also, keeping in mind that I've got a HUGE toy collection as it is, should I even go through with it?

2. shibamura_prime

shibamura_prime Jumpin' Jellyfish! Super Mod

News Credits:
    I'd offer him something $100 and go from there. He's a buddy of yours and that's not exactly a lowball number, and the 3 digits means you're kinda serious. Are you gonna be able to see ship before you offer him anything?

3. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

yeah, I mean he lives like two miles from me. we were gonna go today, but he was just chillin on his day off and didn't feel like it. probably on sunday. I was actually thinking around $100-150. it's all of those little pieces that make the price skyrocket. I've got a feeling he'll be ok with $100.

4. shifty02

shifty02 Greetings Programs

1) You lucky son of a...

2) Yeah, I'd offer 100 bones and go from there.

5. vslayerntx

vslayerntx Well-Known Member

100 seems ok....but your thought of 150 sounds fair as well

6. DevilzFan

DevilzFan CobraIsland.com Veteran

Awesome. I love mine :D 

The $100 offer seems fair to me if it's something he's just looking to get rid of.

7. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool