So I think I want a EX Chogokin Great Mazinger, please advise.

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by juise, Nov 24, 2008.

1. juise

juise TFW2005 Token Negro

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Since I didn't follow it when it was released, I didn't know that the EX Chogokin Great Mazinger was a limited deal. So I have few questions about obtaining one now.

1)What was the original retail price? I read somewhere it was in the ballpark of $240.

2)Are these a pain to find or is it one of those things where if I take my time I can find a deal

3)What should I expect to pay should I come across a open but complete one?

4)As I understand it EX Chogokin Great Mazinger is the one with the solid front wing and the EX Chogokin Fewture Mazinger 1969 is the one with the two piece front wing?

5)I've seen the EX Chogokin Great Mazinger listed as original colors what is the color variant?

6)Thanks for taking the time to help me out :) 

2. Sup3hobo

Sup3hobo Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yup the original price was around $250+shipping and if you want the original color variant its pretty hard to track down now. Check ebay once in awhile. There is a new release coming out of this guy in the GO nagai colors which differs in coloring of the legs due a darker blue and given some pale blue in other areas. I personally like the 1st edition colors best. If you ever come across a 1st edition original color one expect to pay anywhere from $350-$400.

3. juise

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    O RLY?

Do you have any more info on it (release date/price), or know of a URL I can check it out at? Thanks in advance.

4. GogDog

GogDog Logic's wayward son Veteran

News Credits:
    Ask Quinjester. He might have one for sale, not sure though.

*Edit* I sent him a link to this thread, so he'll let you know if he can help or not.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2008
  5. juise

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Thanks.

6. QuinJester

QuinJester T. Bison

News Credits:
    Heh. I was selling the regular Fewture Mazinger, but I can help with the GMaz re-release at least.

Angolz.com: Great Mazinger 1969 Complete Version, Go Nagai's edition (40th anniversary)

Toy-wave - Fewture EX Great Mazinger 1969 Go Nagai Edition

MSRP is a little higher on this one than it was on the original release, but it includes two big swords as opposed to the smaller compound machete that was meant to link up to the identical one that came with Mazinger to form a larger sword.

I can't think of anyplace offhand that still has the original Great Mazinger available, so this would probably be your best and cheapest option, as ebay will take you to the cleaners for a V1 release.