So I talked to the ex for the first time in 3 weeks...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by honestgabe, Mar 10, 2007.

1. honestgabe

honestgabe I

And shes not doing so well. She had her conditional acceptance to the grad program of her school revoked, her application deferred a whole year, is failing like 3 classes, lost 10 pounds, isn't sleeping, has some sort of sinus infection and seems like a total mess. Shes still seeing that douchebag...but man this is a real shock to me. She was doing well when we broke up, its seems so out of no where.

In the two years that we were together she had her moments but I was always there to help her through them and she seems so lost and hopeless right now. And I'm not really sure what to do, the girl was seriously my best friend for the past two years but when the whole thing happened with her dumping me for Oi! Bluto, I wrote her off because it was such a slap in the face.

So we talked last night and I tried to cheer her up, she was crying her eyes out, but I turned it around, had her smiling and laughing. I don't think we'll get back together but I do think after our hour conversation that she realized we were real good together and we are the most comfortable around one another. She realizes what she lost. But she needs some serious help and I'm not going to turn her away. I suppose I can help her more now as a friend than as a boyfriend.

2. jet convoy

jet convoy Beast Wars Forever!!!

Ah, ex-girlfriends... Like I needed you to remind me.

3. Katamari Prime

Katamari Prime Hassan Chop! TFW2005 Supporter

That would be known as "hitting the wall". Hopefully Bluto-boy is on his way out, sounds like she deserves better than that, maybe.

4. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Moderator

Good work man, she'll be all "Oh noes why?!!!!" now... which is awesomes.

5. Predaking

Predaking Well-Known Member

It's nice that you are trying to help her but she did cheat on you so don't get too attached to her. Ex-GF = trouble.

6. honestgabe

honestgabe I

I was like that at first. I even mentioned it to Jux and said someting like "See what happens when you dump Gabe. Your life turns to shit!". But after talking to her some more and stuff, I just felt sorry for her. Theres something deeper going on in her head and life that it all connects and sort of explains everything that has happened. I don't know what it is, but if she needs help I'm willing to do that to some extent.

7. honestgabe

honestgabe I

She didn't cheat on me, as much as dumped me before she could cheat on me. I think theres a difference there, as small a difference as it it.

8. Shaun_C

Shaun_C The REAL One True fan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

I've got to give you credit Honestgabe, you really do seem to have a kind heart. Most people I know in that situation (platonic or romantic) would've just written off that person completely.

So the fact you feel the desire to help her through whatever's going on with her shows character on your part.

9. Mr. Jiggles

Mr. Jiggles loves your mother.

Yeah, man, I know how you feel, but honestly I think it would be for the best for you to stay away. A lot of 'em get off on seeing how much control they can still exert over you even after the relationship is over.

Not to mention that the distrust and suspicion will probably always be there now.

I'd also suggest fapping like crazy before you are supposed to meet her next time. Clearing out the baby-batter clears the mind and counteracts the vaginal black magic.

10. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    vaginal black magic?

more like pink magic.

11. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Just remember, if she does want to get back with you (and lets face it, its a possibility) remember what happened before, and don't be rash.

And really (and I'm going to sound REALLY harsh here) do you want your partner to be someone who absolutely relies on you (and then has the capacity to dump you anyway)?

It sounds like being a friend is the best way to go... that way at least you can hit on her friends.

12. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    Wow I need to add my two sense in cuz I was like you 10 years ago. So you will now become her emotional crutch as Bluto becomes her sexual release. I envy you brother.

She dumped you, she broke your heart and ran into the arms of another man. With best friends like that who needs enemies.

Let her go man, she will suck your energies dry like a parasite and forget you to the wind once shes done.

You have no chance getting back with her and if you do she will leave you again.

Not so much my opinion as a time tested and true accounting of your future.

Thanx
    Transbot90210

P.S. Im not jaded cuz this situation never happened to me but I have seen it play out a million times over with others, both men and woman.

13. Sideways

Sideways Banned

what i learned through my past relationships is...Once a cheater, always a cheater. but then again, the girls i dated said i was too much of a nice guy.

Honestgabe, don't get too attached man.

14. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    Run. That simple. Stay the hell away; she cheated once, she WILL do it again.

15. darkmgmstr

darkmgmstr Blue Lantern Corps Member

I've been in this situation before with some of my exs. I had a particular ex whose life when down after she dumped me. She came back and told me she regretted dumping me. Like your case, she was lost, confused, and everything was going wrong for her. I, as a good friend, though i hated her cuz she lied and cheated on me, tried to calm her down. It worked. Then she tried hooking back with me, but I easily turned her down cuz of what see did. The interesting part is I told her that she will regret dumping me and that she will feel like crap for what she did. And look what happened... I say to you gabe that to keep on going, help her out. She'll realize the mistake she made in leaving you and how much of an awesome person you are.

16. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    WHY WHY WHY would anyone give gabe advice to help this chick. The dude is obviously still hooked on her, he will go back to her in a heart beat(after all that's why he's still talking to her) and she will destroy him.

You can tell by his posts that he has made excuses for everything she's done. In his mind she is a perfect misguided goddess that holds the key to his heart and salvation.

Gabe take advice from the experienced blokes that haven't been drinking from the well of dreams.

Drop her for your own good.

Thanx
    Transbot90210

17. eyeballkid

eyeballkid Old

Listen to the new Wilco album and forget her. She dumped you! She obviously does not know what she wants.

Or just wait it out...Everything happens because it is supposed to...that is my phylosophe!

18. honestgabe

honestgabe I

Wow, you gathered all of that from my post Transbot? Well I'm not going to argue with you, thanks for the advice but I don't see her in the light at all. A perfect misguided goddess that can do no wrong? Key to my heart and salvation. Thats some funny shit.

19. Lance Halberd

Lance Halberd oh hai

News Credits:
    I found out the other day (via MySpace) that my ex is now single again, and that made me incredibly happy.

Not because there's a chance the two of us can get back together (I wouldn't let that happen), but because the 'better' man I was dumped for, the youger, fabulous, more wild and crazy guy, the clone of himself, wasn't good enough.

Yeah, it may be petty and vindictive, but it makes me laugh softly to myself. ah-ha hah haha a-hah hah.

20. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    thats hot.