So I switched sides

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by s_cren, Apr 11, 2012.

1. s_cren

s_cren Banned

So I was at Walmart today and the only prime figure they had was a single arcee so I bought it , already having the FE one after opening it and playing with it I think I've switched sides I now like the RID one over the FE one her backpack isn't as bad in person and even tho her weapons are kind of goofy they look good with her anyone else switched sides with these too figures

2. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I preferred RiD Arcee to First Edition Arcee from the beginning. Better height, not as creepy face, and at least her wings are actually on her back instead of her shoulders, despite the size of them.

3. Malancthon

Malancthon Kyūkyoku Hakaijin

I'm thinking of using FE Arcee as a Shattered Glass version to go with SG Prime and his KO City Commander armor.

PRiD Arcee I plan on getting to serve as the 'real' Prime Arcee. Or as a Wrecker.

4. Mewtwo

Mewtwo Transform & Bamboo out

Arrghhh... :banghead: 

5. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch

News Credits:
    I do like how she can hold her gun like a mini gun. It makes her BFG more appropriate.

6. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha TFW2005 Supporter

Yeah, I think I've switched to slightly preferring RiD Arcee as well. Her smaller size, bigger eyes, and blue arms are probably the things that sealed the deal for me. The chest design I'm torn on; on one hand, the RiD version is more screen-accurate, but on the other hand I think the transformation on the FE version is clever and unique. So that's about a break-even.

I do still wish that RiD Arcee's back kibble collapsed into a more compact arrangement, and I hate that her wings are so large. There is NO reason they had to be that big, they could have been half that size and not really hurt transformation at all. Oh well.

But still, if I had to ditch one and keep only one definitive edition in my collection, I'd likely keep the RiD and ditch the FE. (The opposite is still true of most of the other figures, though... although I have to say, after acquiring RiD Prime as a side-effect of purchasing Firebolt, RiD Prime is really not all that bad. He's kind of a fun, if flawed, figure, and I can see how the simpler design would be more kid-friendly.)

Last edited: Apr 11, 2012
  7. rattraprules98

rattraprules98 AKA Chr0nus

News Credits:
    This.

8. MidnightBliss

MidnightBliss Well-Known Member

I found that i like the PRID one more as well.

9. NCStarscream

NCStarscream Me Grimlock cute

News Credits:
    The mainline one is superior in almost every way, in my opinion. And the smaller size works better for her character.

10. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    I have both now but still prefer the FE. The two things that impressed me most about the FE were that they didn't cheat on the chest and the way the rear wheel split to fold into the back of the legs. And both those things were lost for the PRiD.

11. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] Fortress Maximus!

News Credits:
    thanks for reminding me I still need to find her... :cry 

12. Mewtwo

Yeah I like how the FE one splits. It was supposed to be like that for the show... but they got lazy I guess and just replicated two wheels... :confused: 

13. twiztidRodimus

twiztidRodimus Shattered Glass Autobot

News Credits:
    I have FE Arcee, and her NYCC counterpart, I don't know if I want three of one character (besides rodimus)

14. Mewtwo

Seems like we are in the same boat... I've been looking... and looking... with no success. I am tempted to just go the online route...

15. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] Fortress Maximus!

News Credits:
    Wave two is packed 1 Arcee per case. I guess patience is a virtue for me as she is scheduled to be released together with Knockout and Vehicion 'Steve' soon. :D 

16. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    How does the new one cheat on the chest? Her chest in the show isn't made out of the front of the bike, as far as I can tell. The first edition figure was just more creative about it, which actually results in it having a far more inaccurate body.

17. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    Seems like it is to me. It's made out of something, unless you have a better idea of from what. But yeah, creative is a good word for it. A category the FE figure trumps the PRiD, imo.

I like the creativity of the way the FE chest forms. I like the creativity of the way the rear wheel splits and fits into the legs. I do not like the lack of creativity in the way those two things are omitted from the PRiD toy.

I don't know what else to tell you. I'm not saying I think PRiD Arcee is a bad toy. I'm only telling you which one I prefer. By a vast margin.

18. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    Ooh, I hadn't thought of doing that. Thanks for the idea!

Ouch. I guess it gets worse in that I purchased her today (well yesterday technically now) because I had the Playsaver coupon that was going to expire, so I walked in and picked it off the shelf and bought it. Also saw yet another Soundwave and a few Ratchets. :ev: 

I have zero interest in the FE and mostly picked up the RiD because of the coupon, but she's a pretty decent figure. Don't love her, don't hate her. Don't mind the backpack either and I do like the light piping.

19. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    Yeah, I was expecting to hate the backpack, but I will say it's really no worse. The PRiD wings bother me a little more. I wish they'd taken a little effort to make the inside of the wings -- the part people see in robot mode -- not look cheap and ugly. If they could have had them more flat instead of the hollowed-out look, it would have helped a lot. I also would have liked smaller hinges on the PRiD wings.

20. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    Not every body part has to be made out of an alt mode part. Their heads, hands, Optimus Prime's midsection, Arcee's... pretty much everything...