So I read Dreamwave Sunstreaker was gay

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by MushroomPrime, Aug 18, 2008.

1. Jeremy.B

Jeremy.B Leader Blackout LIVES!!!

News Credits:
    this thread is special. And not in the good way :( 

2. smkspy

smkspy Remember true fans

Not that there's anything wrong with that.:lol 

3. DaraRex2.0

DaraRex2.0 I'd totally eat the leaf

roflcopter! A robot being gay? That's like Michael Bay being capable of directing!

...wait...wut?

• Like Like x 1
  4. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Sunstreaker and Tracks are getting married this fall in Canada:) 

5. sunnyswipe

sunnyswipe autobot

News Credits:
    i just thought- c3po is accused of being 'gay'and hes a gold-plated whining coward
    sunstreaker is accused of being 'gay' and hes a gold-plated 20 -foot tall psycopathic, egotistical killing machine

gold is gay people

6. Deadend

Deadend Spark of Creation

News Credits:

Fortress maximus has a tiny Penor(steroid use, that's how he got so big!). Universe Streaker and Sideswipe both have nuts. Do I need to look up more?

I'm of the camp they have divergent genders through whatever author inclined explanation of that universe. Not saying all TF Uni's follow that, but some do. Some don't. IDW is obviously a mixed bag, whereas BW amd G1 toon say they are actual female. It really varies to which universe you speak of, and how said author feels it's prudent to write it in.

Personally, I think of it similiarly to positive and negative energy flows (positron/electron amounts and direction). The bodies may be whatever appearance, but it's the spark's energies that dictate whatever. That being said, streaker could be gay, but hey, at least he's not incestral.

7. D-Unit

D-Unit #1 Heel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I could see logic in this if that's actually how they wrote his character, but his only real story arc was that unfinished three part with Jazz and Sideswipe when they investigate the town overrun by insecticons, and they didn't write him like he was "gay", they just made him an asshole, so it didn't make sense anyway, and if they are trying to insinuate (which I don't think they are) that being "gay" made him an asshole, then I would imagine that's pretty offensive.

8. smkspy

smkspy Remember true fans

Dude, that was a two-parter and they finished it. Soundwave sent the Insecticons is prepare Earth for the cons arrival if I'm mistake. But yeah they simply wrote Sunstreaker to be an asshole.

9. Kickback

Kickback @GeekWithChris Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Stop humanizing things. It's like with a pet -- you start humanizing them and suddenly they have human emotions to you, they have human feelings ... when in reality they probably don't give a shit about you and just want you to feed them.

Same thing here, in a sense.

10. Mako Crab

Mako Crab Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    *kicks the dog*

Stop feeling things!!!

11. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    Yeah, those stupid robots are just things. Stop treating them as if they were actual characters with personalities and emotions and hobbies and whatnot.

12. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
    Last I checked Transformers were supposed to be humanised. Pretty much all fictional aliens are, especially if we need to be able to relate to them.

And I thank you not to tell people how to treat their pets.

13. QuinJester

QuinJester T. Bison

News Credits:
    Frankly, I'd be shocked if 90% of Transformers didn't prefer exhaust pipes, considering the vast, yawning chasm that is the gender divide in Cybertronians. What is it, 1 "female" for every 99 "male" transformers?

14. Johnator

Johnator 'Til All Are Gone!

Sunstreaker is NOT gay. He is a vain, homicidal robot who I can see turning into a Decepticon. Did I mention he is a ROBOT? End of story.

15. Optimus Sledge

Optimus Sledge Yar har fiddle di dee

Kickback has a point, but not the one that people seem to have taken from his post. Yes, Transformers clearly have emotions. But people are increasingly guilty of ascribing them human motivations for those feelings, ie "humanising" them. Sunstreaker isn't gay because the word simply has no meaning for a race that doesn't reproduce by sexual means, or have sexual intercourse.

16. Screambug

Screambug King of Transformers

If Transformers are supposed to be portrayed as just cold, emotionless killing war machines, WHY are they POPULAR with us poor, emotional, mortal humans to begin with???

Even better, why do we consider Optimus Prime such a saintly hero and even a fatherly figure, too? He's SUPPOSED to be a MACHINE!!!:rolleyes2 

If you don't want female Transformers around, why don't you also toss out animal-shaped Transformers like Laserbeak and Ravage? How about Predacons, too?

Take a chill pill, people! This is a so-called children's fantasy, where anything can happen. In fact, Transformers have traveled back in time to medieval days with fairytale princesses, wizards, and fire-breathing dragons, got trapped in some giant alien child's toy box, and gone on a funky Disneyland ride through Megatron's insides. In fact, they even produced all kinds of weapons and exotic gadgets from their foreheads, wrists, and maybe even their asses to boot. Hey, even their transformations could be improbable in RL if they look the way they do in the old cartoon. The "WTF!" list is just plain ENDLESS for all of you to pick at like hungry condors at bones.:D 

After all, Transformers is supposed to be fun, not some detailed scientific study.

And BTW...if you don't want fangirls happily swarming all over and squealing shrilly into your poor tender ears, just...don't make a canon Transformer an official "gay".;) 

17. ORIO

ORIO Team Sentinel Prime Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If Silverbolt & Blackarachnia, Arcee & Springer, Tigatron & Airazor, Optimus Prime & Elita-1, and Rattrap & Botanica can ALL have FEELINGS for eachother, there is no reason Sunstreaker can't have feelings for a male-bot. And it would've been an interesting story. Similar to Colossus in Ultimate X-Men.

Regardless, I viewed Sunstreaker as a homicial vain asshole in DW and I loved it. When reading DW G1's volumes 2 and 3 I could literally hear the G1 voiceactors coming out of the bots. Practically SCREAMING at me. But not Sunstreaker, the only one. It was amazing. I can't tell you how much I want that story to be finished. :( 

18. Jeremy.B

News Credits:
    eh, but dogs do have emotions. they have distinct personalities, recognition, and affection.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Jeremy.B

News Credits:
    also, lol @ debate of fictional robots and their love life. This is entertaining and sad at the same time.

20. dark69

dark69 BlackArachnia Terrorize!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i know! if they can all be in love then damn it so can 2 guy bots!....or 2 fembots :)