So I just started reading.....

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by HufferPrime, Aug 26, 2005.

1. HufferPrime

HufferPrime Small but deadly

So I just started reading the comic FABLES. One of the employees at the comic book store where I work suggested it to me and I'm glad he did. The writing in that book is so entertaining that I can't go a month without picking up the latest copy. How can you go wrong with a comic that has Prince Charming as the mayor of a city populated with characters from your favorite fairy tales.

So what comic have you just started reading???

2. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

A few months ago I started on JSA. My shop had a sale where all comics on the shelf but not the latest were $1. They had the entire story of JSA where they travel in time. I enjoyed it so much and I never actually start an already in progress book.

3. Edge

Edge weapon of destruction

recently started hellblazer the story is pretty intresting and the art is cool too

4. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    Like Wreckgar, I just started on JSA. Out of idle curiosity I picked up JSA Classified #1 a few weeks back and I absolutely fell in love. And while the main title might not have Amanda Conners art, it still has Power Girl. I managed to get hold of several back issues, and have been working on them. Quite enjoying it so far.

And if you haven't, go out and get JSA Classified. Amazing, amazing book. Great story, great art. It's actually made me give up my exclusively Marvel collecting habit. My fondest dream right now is for Geoff Johns and Amanda Conners to start producing a regular monthly Power Girl book. That would be heaven.

5. Transfotaku

Transfotaku Transformer Otaku

Preach on, that'd be my dream also. I'd love it.

6. Weremole

Weremole Whack-a-mole Avenger

I recently bought the first volume of "King Of Bandits Jing: Twilight Tales" and it's Jingariffic. =) The art is godlike and the smart quirkyness just seeps through it. From remote controlled gangsters to patchwork frankenstien cities. Not to mention it has a chapter called "The Legend Of Rusty Nail: The City Of The Holy Brain".