So, I just made my first purchase on BBTS.

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by UnicronFTW, Apr 22, 2011.

1. UnicronFTW

UnicronFTW Don't blink.

News Credits:
    Hell, I just made my first purchase online...
    And I couldn't have been more anxious about getting it right. XD
    I have this paranoia about identity theft, and about losing money, so until this point, I've been too chickenshit.
    But I broke down and did it...
    Animated Ratchet? Oil Slick? YOU'RE MINE.
    Found the cheapest figures I could that I had an interest in.

BUT ANYWAY... my anxiety and gutwrenching fear of doing something wrong brought a question to my mind, how did YOU guys fair when you made your first online/transformers purchase?

2. Thonor

Thonor Autosmot

I made my first online purchase over ten years ago on eBay to buy a G1 Soundwave. That was in the days before paypal, so I had to send a certified cheque.

It's almost stupid to think you'd do that today, but I found that most sellers were a lot more honest back then...

I had no troubles whatsoever - which prompted me to drop a whole bunch of cash building my G1 collection from then until now!

3. Philip164

Philip164 Board Member

News Credits:
    I hate buying junk online, I usually end up waiting/wasting the entire Day waiting for the Mail or UPS.

The first time I bought a TF online was ROTF Jolt and only because the wave was taking forever to cycle through and the second; and last time I ordered online was PCC Sledge/Throttler, because the stores around here don't know how to order anything past wave 1, under-order wave 2 and currently self warm wave 3. I hate shopping online but I hate Walmart more, either way the hunt sucks unless kids buy the junk and clear the shelves for the next wave.

4. Nemesis Liger

Nemesis Liger Well-Known Member

Oh my, that one giant step there, M'friend. Congratulations to your first online purchase! While I'm no authority, I think it's safe to say that you Animated! Ratchet 'n Oilslick will make it to you safe and sound -- BBTS is a good place. They ship fast, and so far they've been good with private financial information. To my knowledge you went through all the motions with little error, all you can do now is wait for your package to arrive. ^^

Ahh, I remember that time fondly. It was around the time of the 2007 movie and I wanted to get an idea of what was going on. I had a little funny munny I could burn and decided to get myself a Reissue Bluestreak. An Amazon merchant had one for what I thought was a reasonable price ($30... Good, no? ) so I went for him.

It may sound stupid, but I fidgeted the whole time. I was new to the fandom and had no real knowledge of toy designation and how it applied to TF online selling so I really didn't know what exactly I was getting. Classics, Reissues, Movie-verse -- deluxe, Voyager all different, but they just kinda melded together in my eye. *snerk* In the end, it turned out good, though. Blue came in the mail a week later and my obsession began.

...Good times...
    The only thing about online ordering is that it's frustrating to wait for. Funny thing is I have little success doing much else other then buying online. Toy hunting in my area brings little reward so my main stay in collecting ends up being what I get online.

5. dj_convoy II

dj_convoy II Remix!

News Credits:
    BBTS is good and safe.

My first online purchase might have been with Hasbro Toy Shop for Leo Convoy, back in 1999.

6. Brainchild

Brainchild Dark Flame Master

I'm not even old enough to legally have a bank account, and I've made a handful of online transactions. My parents are the paranoid ones.

7. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I never worried about it too much. I always use Paypal and some common sense when purchasing online.

BBTS is probably one of the best online stores to buy from. You couldn't have picked a better company to use for your first purchase.

8. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    As long as you're smart you shouldn't have a problem ordering online. I only order things from sites I trust or that people vouch for. Still Amazon is my main source for online shopping and I trust them completely.

But never EVER answer an email asking for your credit card number even if it is from a trusted source. Because 99% of the time, it isn't who it's claiming to be.

That said, I actually work at your bank. Can you PM me your bank and social security numbers? We need to verify your account. A Nigerian Prince wishes to deposit $4 million into your account.

( In case it isn't obvious, that was a joke and not to be taken seriously...)

9. CyclonuS_ZerO

CyclonuS_ZerO Uni-con

News Credits:
    Just order from places like that, or any website pretty much sponsored on TFW. They're all reliable dude.

10. Tiller

Tiller I don't know nothin'

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I have now stolen your identity and used it to buy the equivalent of 10 Windchargers.

BWAHAHAHAHAHHAHAH.

But seriously. It's scary the first few times but once you get used to it you'll be fine. Just don't do anything stupid online and you should be fine.

11. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

I first started buying online in 1996 before digital cameras were prevalent. I bought a mib soundwave from men in black. I think I found their website online (over dial-up at college). when it arrived, I was happy, although the box wasn't in quite as good shape as I would've liked.

over the next 4 years or so, there was lots of purchasing of g1 figures, only to find out that one man's c8 figure was my c6 figure with crappy stickers, but you had nothing to go on those days besides written description. never underestimate the importance of the digital camera, folks.

12. Predakign2000

Predakign2000 All Hail Unicron!!!

my first online purchase was Transformers The Movie on VHS from a Canadian company back in 1998 or 99... I then got an almost mint Computron from ebay.

13. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    oddly enough my first online purchase was with BBTS as well and despite all the good word i heard about them i was nervous as hell until that sweet plastic crack reached my hands.

Unlike you i spent $200+ with them on that purchase, probably contributed to the nervousness :lol 

14. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    I've bought several Transformers online, can't complain about any of the transactions. BBTS is especially good, they use superior packaging.

15. BenjaminXavier

BenjaminXavier Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    THIS!

I used to buy and sell NES games back in the late 90s on eBay, and with those not having a camera wasn't so bad, cause people only cared if they worked for the most part. But my room mate sold a ROB robot where he actually took a picture of it with a film camera, had the film developed, then scanned the photos at his college THEN put them on eBay. That was effort!

16. xanthax

xanthax choppaface

News Credits:
    I have paypal transactions going all the way back to 2001, bu I ordered some stuff prior to that, like a Dell computer in 98ish(?) for my parents.

17. It Is Him

It Is Him Well-Known Member

Don't think I could remember what my first Internet purchase was, but the first Transformers I bought online were the Classics toys on Amazon.com. Not long after that I placed orders with BBTS.com and Transformerland.com

18. indie

indie Guns! More guns!

i've been purchasing from domestic online stores for some time now, and i ordered my first international package from bbts two weeks ago. i got the figures in exactly 10 days in my door (mighh be sooner but you know, turkish postal service sucks).

anyway, bbts has a rocking customer service. i messed up with my orders before shipment (cancel, order again, cancel again, order once more...) and there was some extra money transactions. they immediately refunded to my credit card as soon as i emailed them.

19. ZacharyBinx

ZacharyBinx Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    With BBTS, you're in safe hands. Find the biggest POL thread just to see how safe people feel with them (and answer is +$3000 of toys safe).

Remember, PayPal is your friend!

20. wildfly

wildfly Lasers, 8 O'Clock, Day 1.

News Credits:
    W/O BBTS it would be essentially impossible for me to keep up.

There's a blast from the past.