So I just got my first Spychangers today...

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Renidragon, May 4, 2008.

1. Renidragon

Renidragon Toys on my table!

I got Universe Autobot Camshaft (the transluscent plastic is sweet!) and Optimus Prime.

I love the cute little guys!

Question on Camshaft. Clearly, he has nowhere to store his gun in car mode. Or am I wrong? Why does his gun have that tab on the side?

2. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

Which mould's Camshaft? I don't recall there being one with that name.

Of all the Spychanger moulds, only four of them are designed to hold their guns in vehicle mode - the ones originalluy released in RiD as Prowl 2, Sideswipe, Side Burn and Daytonus. They're the ones with the long thin guns, and they store between the legs in car mode.
    None of the others can.

3. Signal Lancer

Signal Lancer Brave Soldier of Justice

News Credits:
    I had to look it up myself, but Camshaft was a repack of W.A.R.S..

4. DJ Soundwave

DJ Soundwave Action Figure Master

Yeah, there is no Spychanger named Camshaft........

Here tell us which one you got....... tell us which row and which column

[​IMG]

5. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

Ah. In that case, no, the gun doesn't store. I always just stashed the weapons in the flatbed of the pickup (Ironhide or Motormouth, or whatever versions you may have/get).
    I think the tab's just the magazine for the gun...

6. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yes, he is Autobot Camshaft... however he has a somewhat convoluted history. This mold (in these colors) appeared in the series of exclusive "translucent" spychangers at KB; he was still called WARS at that time, if memory serves. Later these were repacked (and renamed) for release at Family Dollar stores.

So if I've got all that right, he was previously "KB exclusive translucent WARS" and later "Family Dollar Camshaft" in the latter part of 2006. The TFU link someone provided above has some good info at the bottom of the page, although it doesn't reflect his repackage/rename into Autobot Camshaft.

Here's one on the 'Bay, for reference. And as stated previously, the gun doesn't store on this mold; too bad, as onboard weapons storage is always a fun feature.

7. Renidragon

Renidragon Toys on my table!

Thanks guys. :) 

He's a cute little guy. I'll have to pick up more next time I go.

8. DJ Soundwave

DJ Soundwave Action Figure Master

Really , so he was named Camshaft in the Family Dollar repacks...... I never touched those cause they were simply repacks......

9. Chosen

Chosen Space Ninja

Yeah, there were three of the clear Spychangers that were repacks in that last wave of Family Dollar Spychangers. That W.A.R.S. became Camshaft, Mirage stayed the same, and Ironhide became Hoist... which was too weird considering we already got the X-Brawn recolor as a Spychanger Hoist.

Personally I couldn't stand any of those older molds because I just loved the storage feature too much, but with my little Universe Spychanger collection, the clear guys stuck out too much like sore thumbs. I particularly hated Hoist for having that ridiculously large chest that even interfered with his arms. [Of course, I have Universe "Trailbreaker" so I still have to suffer with that mold.] Still, might get all three again some day for the sake of completion.

10. Autobus Prime

Autobus Prime Transit Former

Rd:

The tab is just some sort of "magazine". I suppose you could say he has a Cybertronic Sten submachine gun. There's nowhere to put the gun, but if you drill a correctly sized hole (5/64 or so, perhaps) you can stick it on the roof for an attack mode.

Spychangers are great little toys. They're great for repainting and kitbashing, too, and that goes equally for the clear ones.

A lot of the nifty RID versions are quite cheap on Ebay, too. I just picked up four of the nontransparent 2-packs, carded, for $2 each plus shipping.

11. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Yeah Camshaft is awesome.

Alternators,Movie,Universe are all mine.....Now i need the G1 Version and i have all the CAMSHAFTS!
    MUHAHAHAHA!