So I just got a Wii...

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Wreckgar, Jul 6, 2007.

1. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

Few questions,

- What are some of the best games? I love action and non-RPG games. I'm anxious waiting for hockey. Already have Transformers. And I'm digging Wii Sports. Might have to get Wii Play.

- Is there some special thing to hook to the internet? Can I just plug into my computer/cable modem? No I don't have a landline.

- Do I have to pay for it?

2. Atomsplitter

Atomsplitter Needs a new title.

Wireless only ( as far as I know, I don't think a wired adaptor is out yet?), and it's free. I don't think any game uses it so far though. Wii Play is always a safe bet, the controller makes it very worth it.

3. Deathx360

Deathx360 Farewell Dear Friend

News Credits:
    Zelda and Wii Play are good. Metroid Prime 3, Mario Galaxies, and Super Smash Bros. Brawl are all due out this year, or so they say right now, and all of them should be great. Rayman and Super Paper Mario (RPG) seem to be favorites for some on this board but I have yet to play either.

Once you are online your really need to check out the Virtual Console. I'm sure there is something on it that you will like.

Actually there is a lan adapter. It is about $30. There is also the Wifi adapter that plugs into your PC for $40.

Wii Lan Adapter

Wii/DS Wifi Adapter

4. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    Only game that supports online right now is Pokemon Battle Revolution. Mario Strikers Charged will support it when we get it at the end of the month.

If you dont already have Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess for the Gamecube, get it for the Wii. right away.

Elebits is a lot fun, but it can get old after a few weeks.

Sonic and the Secret Rings is the first truly GOOD 3D sonic game.

Wario Ware is fun for drunken parties.

5. Sixshot

Sixshot Jeff Goldbluman Group

News Credits:
    Resident Evil 4 Wii Edition is awesome, even if you've already played some iteration of RE4.

6. Edge

Edge weapon of destruction

I'd recommend the wi-fi adaptor, if you got a ds you can then take both online by simply booting your comp up

7. Brownstreak

Brownstreak Banned

Don't buy the 40 dollar Nintendo buffalo adapter. It totally sucks and will drop your connection alot, its best to just pony up another 20 bucks and buy a good wifi adapter so you can also use it for future wifi toys.

8. Soundatron

Soundatron A Blight Upon The Land

wi-fi is known for problems, need to have the right router, your connection will be slow, connection will drop, some channels wont work. The only advantage it has over the LAN adapter is that it's wireless.

So far only games I have is Metal Slug Anthology which is just pure basic and simplistic fun. Spider-Man 3 which is fun for a lil' bit, Red Steele is ok and TF which is my fav. Wii game so far.

9. Omega Supreme-1

Omega Supreme-1 Autobot Sentinel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Wii Play (because you get an extra remote and a game for 10 bucks)
    Resident Evil 4 Wiilease (Even if you got it before, it's got all the extra content and an awesome control scheme)
    Super Paper Mario
    Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess
    Metal Slug Anthology (You get like 6 games for 40 bucks! How is that not awesome!)
    Trauma Center: Second Opinion (It's been a sleeper hit for Wii and no one talks about it)
    Pokemon Battle Revolution (Since it's the first truly online Wii North American game, though if you don't like Pokemon there is no point in you getting it)
    Red Steel (Don't pay 50 dollars for this, but for 25-30 it would be worth it)
    Wario Ware: Smooth Moves (Great party game)
    Mario Party 8 (Not the greatest but it's good for parties)
    Sonic and the Secret Rings (It starts out rough but get's good as it goes along)
    Dragonball Z: Boudakai Tenkaichi 2 (Great game, more so if you like the anime; since you actually get to do the signature poses)
    Cooking Mama (Yes, it's a mini-game fest, but it's a good mini-game fest)
    Rayman: Raving Rabids (Yes it's another mini-game fest but I think it's the best of the mini-game fests)
    Big Brain Academy: Wii Degree (It's an edutainment game, and I don't know if it's worth 50...however, I love the DS version)
    Super Swing Golf Pangya
    Mortal Kombat Armaggedon
    Excite Truck

10. Eric

Eric RIP AND TEAR!!!

News Credits:
    Wait till Super Smash Bros Brawl comes out. Your mind will explode at the sheer amazement of that game. :D 

11. Evan Goldsborough

Evan Goldsborough Freelance Negotiator

Excitetruck is simply awesome. I don't think I've ever had as much fun with a driving game (until Wii gets a version of Burnout, I suppose...)

Aside from that, the others have put things pretty well. I'm just adding one more suggestion.

12. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    Wii Play is bad. really, really bad. avoid it.

13. bugmenot

bugmenot Banned

Metroid is being released in 2 month, this is going to almost be a requirement for Wii owners.

14. Omega Supreme-1

Omega Supreme-1 Autobot Sentinel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    How is a 10 dollar game bad? You are paying for the Wiimote and an extra ten dollars on a game. That's a pretty darn good deal to me honestly, or think of it as a 30 dollar Wiimote and a 20 dollar game.

15. toma

toma eskimo in disguise

super paper mario isn't an rpg in the traditional sense, it's more along the lines of faxanadu and zelda 2 than what most people think of when they think rpg. the only thing that makes it not feel quite like a mario platformer is the fact that you can't run. i'm so use to plowing through mario games with my thumb glued to the B button. it's a great game though, if a bit short, but fun.

16. War Bearer

War Bearer Banned

Manhunt 2 if it comes out. Zelda are always good. Super Paper Mario is also a good game. Warioware Smooth move is fun.

17. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    Super Paper Mario is teh bestest followed by Zelda followed by RE4.

18. EvaUnit13

EvaUnit13 REBUILD

SPM was a bit short, but really fun, my friend and I beat it in a few days with 3 hrs/day. Zelda is essentially a must, and COD3 and MOHV are pretty good, MOHV for multiplayer, COD3 for longetivity. Get some VC games, when you can.

19. Soundatron

Soundatron A Blight Upon The Land

Wait till fall and pick-up Guilty Gear XX Accent Core. :D  I know I am

20. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan www.megamoonman.com TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    No it isn't, it's a hell of a deal - and fun at parties, too. It's the 2nd most group-played title on mine, after Wii Sports.