So I just bought all of the Generation Deluxe Figures...

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by SectorStar, Aug 20, 2010.

1. SectorStar

SectorStar Knightcron

Well after a much long wait, I finally managed to get my hands on all for the Generation Deluxes, I was really surprised by all of them!

Thrust- Pretty straight forward transformation, I'm glad i get to own some more G1 characters. The only complaint I have with him is the null lasers when attached to his arms aren't able to be very poseable with his wings in the back. I think with Dirge it'd probably be much better, but I'm not a fan of buying repaints.

Drift- I'm sure with the rest of us, I had REALLY been anticipating this figure. I love all the swords and how the smaller ones store in car door sheaths. Maybe I'm just not doing it right, but the sword sure drags on the ground a lot when stored under the bottom in vehicle mode, not a big deal as I'll probably always have him displayed in robot mode anyways.

BumbleBee- Well this is my first BB figure ever, and let me tell you I was glad that I finally got a version of him on the shelfs besides the ugly bayformer version that I didn't care for. Overall it's a neat figure, but it reminds me a lot of the 2007 TF movie Swindle and later Camshaft, or was it Crankshaft?....anyways, it reminded me a lot of that when trying to put it in vehicle mode and never getting it quite right with all the panels and pegs constantly popping out. I got it like perfect on my first try, but I haven't been able to do it since x_x Other then that, I still find it a great figure.

Optimus Prime- Well all I have to say about this is....for a deluxe, god it was sure a pain the rear! I applaud hasbro for coming up with more complex transformations for their deluxes, but boy, if a little kid tried doing this, I can't see them having much success at it. Once I got the hang of it it's a pretty fun transformation, just a little hard to get all the panels to stay in place towards the end. Maybe it's just mine, but the gun seems way to touchy when you transform it, it's like you breathe on it and it pops outa place! I'm sure this has probably been brought up before, but I like to go on the tf wiki when I buy new figures and read about any features or facts that or unknown or that the directions may have left out. Apparently the knee caps can be unfolded in vehicle mode to make rear lights.

These were great figures and I await the next wave for Soundwave and Megs!

2. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    isn't this a feedback?

3. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

Pretty much. I'll chime in though on the full wave.

Prime and Bee I don't care too much for. I suppose they make alright toys, but I don't play the game nor do I care too much for the designs anyway.

Thrust is alright, but I already have the Henkei exclusive.

Drift is so-so. Again, I have no character recognition since I don't read the comics. The toy in it's own right is an alright toy. Far from the best of the "Classics" styled figures, but far from the worst. Middle of the road toy, that to me, can only get better with the Blurr retool. But not by much.

The wave as a whole was pretty lack-luster to me. Two toys I didn't intend on buying but bought for the heck of it, to at least give them a chance. And they ultimately didn't impress me (burning my food while transforming Bumblebee didn't help his case either). Thrust is both a figure and a character I have, and just got for future repaint potential. Drift was a nice indicator to let me know what I can do with Blurr once that's released. Either way, none of these figures made my display.

4. CyclonuS_ZerO

CyclonuS_ZerO Uni-con

News Credits:
    Congrats sir. I've already got all of them except for Soundwave (and the releases for next month of course) and they're all great figures. Really can't wait to get Blurr and Soundwave, they will be awesome figures. You will enjoy Straxus and Megatron once they're released at retail. Megs is pretty straight up and typical, but looks great. Spot on to the game model. Straxus....is so unique and awesome I almost like him as much, if not more, than Drift. A very cool figure indeed, and what a great start to the new Classics. Cheers! :drunk 

5. aey103

aey103 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Dirge could be considered more of a remold so if you did need an excuse to buy it...

6. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Megatron? Is that you!?!?

Yeah, get Dirge, you can never have too many Classic Seekers! Dirge is for sure more a remold then a repaint or redecco because of the new wings.