Minor/Repaint: So I jumped onto the wagon and repainted my CC BB... Sue me...

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by OMEGAPRIME1983, Jan 28, 2008.

1. OMEGAPRIME1983

OMEGAPRIME1983 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ok, so I bought my CC BB, and I saw that the paint that hasbro had used, was just the SLIGHTEST bit different from the plastics color, and well.. im a bit to much of a perfectionist whatit comes to certian things. so I thought that I would repaint him. And I started to look at him and I desided to fill the holes on the hood. I didnt like them.. at all.... so I filled em... So once I filled the hols sanded em down and as flush as I could I was looking at his bot mode.... I LOVED jinsatomes work on his movie figures so I desided to go a little in that direction as well. so I painted up his robot mode as well. The paints are all custom mixed for my purposes and this was actually the first time that Ive tried mixing and airburshing my own colors... not as hard as I thought it would be. The vehicle body and yellow bot parts are Model Masters Insignia yellow with a little bit of their International orange mixed int it. came pretty fraggin close to the real deal I think. The robot parts are painted with MM flat black with a small bottle of silver mixed into it. Ya know, 1 of those jars from the acylic testors kits... now, unlike Jin's BB I didnt just paint a little spot on the center of his eyes for pupils. I went old school with it and decided that it looked better with the entire eye painted silver with Tamiya clear blue over coat. I like it, looks good I think. Thanks a lot for looking, this isnt the first repaint that Ive done, however it is the first time Ive posted any of them. Thanks, and any C&C are welcomed as long as they arent to harsh on my part.

EDIT:: I thought that the link that I posted would take you to the site and let you browse thru the rest of the pictures as well. So heres a link to the site itself. http://s275.photobucket.com/albums/jj320/OMEGAPRIME1983/?action=view&current=047.jpg

Attached Files:

• 058.jpg
      058.jpg
      File size:
      175.8 KB
      Views:
  2. SonRay

SonRay Banned

I see you managed to remember to do the pinstriped lines as well. I think i was the first to ever do that to this figure so its nice to see others following me.

Nice work!

3. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    nice job man. I fixed your attached image. You have to use the codes that are underneath the thumbnails in photobucket to get working links :) 

4. SonRay

SonRay Banned

Hey redline, i subscribed to this thread and still didnt receive an email notification. Is that feature just plain broken?

5. Transfan76

Transfan76 Autobot

what was used to fill the gaps into the hood?

6. OMEGAPRIME1983

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    JB Weld... You could also use uhm... damn wats it called.. Automotive glazing putty

Thanks a lot redline, appreciate it!! And im still trying to get used to the new server here.

Yea, thanks a lot Sonray, I had acttually been planning on doing that with mine before I saw yours and then once I saw it, I was sure to of done it.

Also, Im working on another right now because I think that if I cover the base yellow on the figure in turn signal amber I might get a similar effect to the real paint of the vehicle. And thanks a lot everyone for the compliments, I appreciate it a lot. Ill also be posting pictures of my movie Ironhide soon as well.

7. SonRay

SonRay Banned

Looking forward to the movie Ironhide!

8. OMEGAPRIME1983

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    its really nothing special. just a imple repaint. I didnt like the fact that the doors were flat black and the rest on him had nice glossy parts. so I just repainted him and dry brushed some scuff marks onto him Jin-styled.

9. SonRay

SonRay Banned

Urgh...every things "jin styled", cant you just take credit for your own creativity? Its not like he invented battle damage and scuff marks after all. :p 

Give yourself more credit dude.

10. TonyzCustomz

TonyzCustomz Am I doin it rite? TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    QFT

11. SonRay

SonRay Banned

Wow you qft-ed me on something. Never thought that would happen! lol

12. OMEGAPRIME1983

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Your right SonRay, its just that I didnt really know anything of dry brushing or battle damage before I read Jins tutorials... im used to painting my models and tfs to have a nice clean polished almost a right off the line look. But thank you for the confidence.
    Also, for those of you interested. I should have pics of Ironhide up soon. I took them ast night, but I think that I need to take them over again, because my lighting was HORRID!!! I did it @ night with all my lights on, and it still wasnt enough light to make him look good.

13. SonRay

SonRay Banned

I have that same problem. The lighting in my house sucks so hard thats why i made a light box and shine a massive flashlight into it for extra lighting. It works great and doesnt cost much to make:

http://strobist.blogspot.com/2006/07/how-to-diy-10-macro-photo-studio.html